• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Seda

Any time I play KH2 I skip Pride Lands scenes because the world is awful and I want to get through it as fast as possible.

God, the weirdest part of the Pride Lands is when Nala's suddenly like AND ALSO, I AM PREGNANT

Considering the state of the other worlds I'm guessing it's only been like, a few days between visits? They move pretty fast. I'm probably putting too much thought into this.

Also, is there a reason that the end of every world has the disney characters going "HEY LOOK AT HOW MUCH WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND ARE TOTALLY IN A RELATIONSHIP"? I get that Sora and Kairi might as well be married to each other by now it's kind of weird.

Caladrius

After 130 rounds of disappointment and agony, the Mysterious Figure is finally bested once again as Terra. (At level 48)

I still have to beat him with Aqua and Ven.

Fuck.

Those two have far better evasive maneuvers, at least.

Doom and Meteor screwed me a lot more this time around. I was usually killed by the former when he fired the move twice or more in a row (or in the middle of a fucking combo), and the latter killed me quite a few times when I was either off-guard or stripped of my commands.

Considering the state of the other worlds I'm guessing it's only been like, a few days between visits? They move pretty fast. I'm probably putting too much thought into this.

Also, is there a reason that the end of every world has the disney characters going "HEY LOOK AT HOW MUCH WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND ARE TOTALLY IN A RELATIONSHIP"? I get that Sora and Kairi might as well be married to each other by now it's kind of weird.

Because subtlety is not in the writing team's vocabulary when it comes to themes.

Psxphile

It's a little jarring going between KH2FM and BBSFM. Trying to finish leveling Sora to 99 before tackling the other Data fights, but also trying to make progress with Ventus. There's the chest issue... and then there's the camera. In BBS the camera is WAY too close for comfort, feels awkward after how spacious it was in KH2FM. Was KH1 this bad? I don't remember if it was a problem on PSP... maybe, but got used to it I guess.

Also, I'm always flipping horizontal camera control from the default because I like it better that way, but during 1st person segments the right analog stick flips as well and I'm panning left when I'm guiding the stick to the right.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also, I'm always flipping horizontal camera control from the default because I like it better that way, but during 1st person segments the right analog stick flips as well and I'm panning left when I'm guiding the stick to the right.

Noticed this. Probably an oversight considering PSP version didn't have right stick.

edit: At least by DDD they finally had Horizontal flipped by default :V

Psxphile

Noticed this. Probably an oversight considering PSP version didn't have right stick.

edit: At least by DDD they finally had Horizontal flipped by default :V

Actually it's like this in all versions of KH2, too. Not just BBS. It bothered me 6+ years ago, and it still bothers me now.

How much better is DDD with the Circle Pad Pro? I'd imagine right stick camera is a godsend.

EDIT:
Forged a D-Link with Snow White

L-lewd.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually it's like this in all versions of KH2, too. Not just BBS. It bothered me 6+ years ago, and it still bothers me now.

How much better is DDD with the Circle Pad Pro? I'd imagine right stick camera is a godsend.

I don't have a Circle Pad Pro. My 3DS is an afterthought and I have 2 other games on it. (Bravely Default and Theathrythm CC)

Psxphile

Oh. Since I was talking about right stick shenanigans I assumed so were you.

Another thing that really grinds my keys: KH2FM does not have soft reset (apparently). BBSFM, however, does.

The.
Hell.

Niosai

Tried to fight
Zexion's absent sillhouette
. Seemed like I was doing well, but then got
sucked into the book a third time
and immediately lost before I had a chance to recover.

Granted, I was only level 15.

Carbonox

Made some good process with the Form/Summon leveling up last night. Just got Master and Final left to get to 7 now. Not looking forward to doing it with Final. So tedious. The rest have good places to cheese at least.

Soriku

Wow I got wrecked by final Xemnas a couple times before I nailed him. He would always take me down to 1 HP near the beginning of the fight. It's also annoying to maneuver since he throws you up right away.

Question about Lingering Will: can you fight him as many times as you want?

Vashetti

Banned
In the middle of the second Hollow Bastion visit, those cutscenes where you see Xemnas visiting Aqua's armour and a couple of other Organisation scenes were so jarring and abrupt, they killed all the pacing.

Very intriguing though.

YES I FUCKING DID IT OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goofy pls

Lightning

Banned
Made some good process with the Form/Summon leveling up last night. Just got Master and Final left to get to 7 now. Not looking forward to doing it with Final. So tedious. The rest have good places to cheese at least.
Final is the easiest one as you will need to kill nobodies over and over and over again anyway. Start in Twilight Town computer room, Thundaga kills them real fast in Final form, and as you level up you get the awesome form boost which allows you to stay in Final longer to Thundaga spam in TWTNW.

sappyday

I doubt I'll ever defeat LW and the Data battles. I really did want to platinum the game and then move onto BbS but I doubt I can.

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly LW isn't much different. If you have the skillset to time shit in response to visual stimuli, you have the skillset to theoretically do a lv1 no damage critical LW.

Well, I tried Roxas again last night, with no success. I'm up to lvl 50 now and tried being more offensive and that SOB just kicks my ass in no time flat. I may get a couple combos but I have never got a reaction command to show up. The closest I got was to use limit form and keep spanning the first limit, that seems a bit cheesy though.

I'm hoping we'll have to defeat the heartless of the organization members to be honest ;(
Would be cool and it's a kinda big missed opportunity if we don't.

Also Demyx needs to be reborn somehow, he's too great to be wasted like he was!
Well if they are going to save Lea, they will have to defeat his heartless.
So there is at least one.

Got to level 99 last night.

Mushrooms is pissin me off tbh. Do I need to S rank all of them to get the secret ending or could I just get the B rank?

So uh quick question. Playing KH 2 for the first time and all. The question is should I put all the AP,DEF,STR etc. boosts all into Sora or should I put some on Donald and Goofy as well? I know it sounds dumb, but I thought I'd ask.

Falk

that puzzling face
So uh quick question. Playing KH 2 for the first time and all. The question is should I put all the AP,DEF,STR etc. boosts all into Sora or should I put some on Donald and Goofy as well? I know it sounds dumb, but I thought I'd ask.

All on Sora.

Kinsei

Banned

Sora. Donald and Goofy are useless outside of letting you drive and use limits.

Sora all the way. Donald and Goofy will be dead most of the time no matter what you do.

Random place to ask this question maybe, but I have two copies of the Limited Edition now... I got them as gifts from two different people. One came from Gamestop and one came from Amazon. Does anyone know how Gamestop returns work for gifts? If I take it back to a store (I'm pretty sure they bought it online though), will they give me money back if I don't have the receipt?

Tsunamo

Missed getting my English copy in time for christmas :(
Ah well, guess I shouldn't complain seeing as how I got it on Japanese release anyway.
and then there's the camera. In BBS the camera is WAY too close for comfort, feels awkward after how spacious it was in KH2FM. Was KH1 this bad? I don't remember if it was a problem on PSP... maybe, but got used to it I guess.
I completely agree. It took awhile and I got used to it but they really should have pulled it back a littlebit for 2.5 considering it's on a console now and not a handheld.

RPGCrazied

Playing through the Tron level in KH2, made me search for everything Tron. I just had to order the original movie DVD, the evolution(even the game getting slight below average review scores, it was cheap!) game, and the legacy movie bluray. :) The original movie has always been a favorite of mine, grew up with that classic. Don't really remember much about legacy other than the all CG character.

Isn't there a Tron like level in DDD? I think there is.

Kinsei

Banned
Playing through the Tron level in KH2, made me search for everything Tron. I just had to order the original movie, the evolution(even the game getting slight below average review scores, it was cheap!) game, and the legacy movie. :) The original movie has always been a favorite of mine, grew up with that classic. Don't really remember much about legacy other than the all CG character.

Isn't there a Tron like level in DDD? I think there is.

Yeah, there's a Tron Legacy level in DDD.

Top Bottom