• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Finalow

I don't get this, I got Valor form level 2 but I didn't get the high jump ability. ??

also when do I get quick run and dodge roll.

I don't get this, I got Valor form level 2 but I didn't get the high jump ability. ??

You get High Jump 1 at level 3 (HJ 2 is at level 5, and HJ 3 is at level 7)

In between you get Auto-Valor and the two combo pluses.

There's a similar order for the other forms.

Kinsei

Banned

You get the first growth ability at level 3. Wisdom (obtained when you beat Timeless River) gives you quick run and Limit (obtained when you beat the second visit to Twilight Town) gives you dodge roll.

I need to farm me some power boosts. My Sora can't take on these Data battle beasts breh

What level are you? At 70+ you should be taking off at least a full bar of health with every combo.

What level are you? At 70+ you should be taking off at least a full bar of health with every combo.

Level 99. I haven't really given them a fair try yet. Focused on Lingering Will yesterday and decided he's too cheap and that he should hold this infinite for being cheap.

My ATK is only like 73 I think.

Undecided if I want to use the Winner's Proof or the Ultima Weapon as my main keyblade. MP Hastega is a must.

Kinsei

Banned
Level 99. I haven't really given them a fair try yet. Focused on Lingering Will yesterday and decided he's too cheap and that he should hold this infinite for being cheap.

My ATK is only like 73 I think.

Undecided if I want to use the Winner's Proof or the Ultima Weapon as my main keyblade. MP Hastega is a must.

Neither, use Decisive Pumpkin. Use hi-potions to heal instead of curaga.

Aru

Got the game. KH2FM looks very good :)
Since I already beat KH2 vanilla on PS2, I decided to go straight to Critical Mode. I'm only at Olympus Coliseum for now, but the game was relatively easy thus far. Pretty much the opposite of KH1 in Proud Mode. I guess it'll change later in the game.

Psxphile

Disable high jump, arieal finish and combo pluses
Equip fenrir and all negative combos
Attack him when hes vunerable
Constantly jump and attack, jump attack etc till hes down

:(

omg I can't believe it how easy it is to cheap him. Now I feel bad.

... on the other hand, FUUUUUUCK YOU.

Psxphile

I see the Underdome still suffers that weird bug where Auron will replace Donald in your party after you finish a cup.

Auron pls go

Carbonox

Started the Mushroom XIII journey. I will cry. I will rage. I will fucking succeed.

Done like 4/5 of them so far. Fuck that Mushroom VIII tho. Utter bellsquirt launching away when I'm doing an endless combo. Gonna leave him for later.

Otherwise the most annoying out of the ones I've completed so far is by far the one outside the palace in the Mulan world. Wisdom Form can be proper shit.

Psxphile

All Paradox cups claimed. Was touch and go near the end of Hades Cup for a while! Afterwards, I *should* have got the remaining trophies and the Plat but it didn't appear. The Treasure Hunter trophy was still unaccounted for, even though I know I got every single chest in the game. Then I remembered I hadn't scanned the Journal entry for Hollow Bastion Radiant Garden's Treasure list after I got the Proof. Both trophies popped after I did. Weird.

Time to claim the final video.

Psxphile

Why is it being suggested to go into proud and not critical for bbs?

BBS Critical is pretty harsh. You don't get all the bonuses you get from KH2FM Critical (two extra command slots and the Zero EXP ability), and it becomes more tedious than fun apparently. Though, I'm playing Ventus on Critical and it doesn't seem too bad. If you focus on melding good commands and abilities you could do well enough. I'm not looking forward to having to fight certain bosses, though.

Luigi87

A big help for playing BbS Critical is get Magnet ASAP.
It's crowd control is absolutely fundamental.

Assuming the command board spaces don't change per character (I can't remember, but for Terra at least), one can easily get it on the Land of Departure Command Board.

Kinsei

Banned
Finished off Data Xemnas and did the first two paradox cups. At this rate I figure I'll be starting BbS either tomorrow night or on Christmas Eve after work.

I died four times on normal. Twice to Xaldin and twice to Xemnas. I'm also playing BBS on normal, lol

Edit: actually I died a few times at the gate defense during the first Hollow Bastion visit too. I got better.

Carbonox

Any tips for crucial abilities/items/keyblades for the Data battles? Some of the Youtube guides I'm watching seem to lean towards Limit Form and Wisdom Form being absolutely crucial Drive-wise, with short combo finishers being very important too. Keyblade didn't seem to matter much.

Kinsei

Banned

They're all pretty similar in terms of difficulty. Level 40+ is overkill for them.

Any tips for crucial abilities/items/keyblades for the Data battles? Some of the Youtube guides I'm watching seem to lean towards Limit Form and Wisdom Form being absolutely crucial Drive-wise, with short combo finishers being very important too. Keyblade didn't seem to matter much.

Decisive Pumpkin with both combo plus abilities equipped makes short work of the majority of the data battles. The exceptions to this are Xaldin (Use Guardian Soul), Demyx (Use Bond of Flame), Vexen (Use Bond of Flame), and Xigbar (Use Hero's Crest).

I do not know how many times I died with Zexion's Absent Silhouette.. but I finally did it. I was thinking of getting the plat for this game but those fucking mushrooms man, plus the goddamn critical mode run I have to do.

I got Axel down to a pixel of health for 2 minutes and couldn't finish him off because it had to be a finisher which apparently isn't sonic rave

lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

ayyyyyyyy lmao

looooool

lol

lol9

FUCK :(

edit: IM TELLIN YALL. POSTIN/COMPLAINING BEFORE FACING A BOSS IS THE WAY TO WIN LOL AYYYYYY

zentetsuken ftw

For the Axel fight you have to revert the flames in the room or you can't win.
edit: welp

latest

about to beat Saïx.. and anti form.

anti form is to this is game as tripping was to brawl

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I'm going to go insane if I have to fight Data Xemnas's first form many more times. That part where he grabs you....it just annihilates my life bar, so I drive into Limit form, and immediately get my life bar drained again and die. Reversal does nothing to help. Occasionally I get lucky and survive, but then there's the part where you control Riku. I hate this fight. Haven't had any trouble at all with the other Data fights so far.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm going to go insane if I have to fight Data Xemnas's first form many more times. That part where he grabs you....it just annihilates my life bar, so I drive into Limit form, and immediately get my life bar drained again and die. Reversal does nothing to help. Occasionally I get lucky and survive, but then there's the part where you control Riku. I hate this fight. Haven't had any trouble at all with the other Data fights so far.

Use a limit when he grabs you. When you hear him say "Can you spare a heart?" reflect to guard the attack that forces you to play as Riku.

Falk

that puzzling face
Use a limit when he grabs you. When you hear him say "Can you spare a heart?" reflect to guard the attack that forces you to play as Riku.

wtf, you can actually dodge the Riku section entirely?

invincibility frames op

Luigi87

Beat Saïx.

had my gliding in circle for hours breh

There's a very cheap way to break that fight.
Summon Peter Pan and then do an aerial combo but no finisher. Land and repeat. Unlike other enemies, Saix only gets his invincibility when he goes Berserk, but the constant stunlock between Sora and Peter prevents him from being able to go Berserk, and you can do the entire fight using this cheap tactic.

Psxphile

There's a very cheap way to break that fight.
Summon Peter Pan and then do an aerial combo but no finisher. Land and repeat. Unlike other enemies, Saix only gets his invincibility when he goes Berserk, but the constant stunlock between Sora and Peter prevents him from being able to go Berserk, and you can do the entire fight using this cheap tactic.
Now he tells us! *studio laughter*

Riku portion is easy peasy. Completely ignore his guard mechanic (the hell is that thing good for anyway?) and focus on blasting the 2nd Xemnas away with square. Don't wait for him to get close, blast him from far away. Inch closer after every blast until you're just underneath the other Xemnas and enable the Reaction.

Where can I find some good beginner tips? I feel like the game is throwing so much info at me all once and I'm missing stuff.

Any guides explaining the mechanics and stuff clearer?

Carbonox

Hour spent on Mushroom VIII and I constantly get so close to 85 juggles but it will not fucking get there. What a little shit.

Gonna try again tomorrow. I feel like I've exhausted every possible tactic. Utter shite.

Kinsei

Banned
Where can I find some good beginner tips? I feel like the game is throwing so much info at me all once and I'm missing stuff.

Any guides explaining the mechanics and stuff clearer?

What mechanics are you having trouble with? Explaining everything would take a while so knowing exactly what you're struggling with would help.

Kinsei

Banned
Roxas is so fucking OP on critical.

He may kill you fast, but he has about as much health as a piece of wet tissue paper. You should be able to take him out with 3 combos if at least one of them is after you steal his keyblades.

Block his first attack and do a full combo. Proceed to dodge his next 4 attacks and complete the reaction command. Dodge through the lasers and do a full combo. Keep dodging his attacks with your back to him to trigger his second reaction command. After doing it combo him one last time. If you do this he shouldn't even get a chance to use his DM.

botty

Banned
Mushrooms 8, 10 and 13 left to do. Tips for the first two? Utter wankstains they are.

Wisdom form + beserk combo

thundaga to keep the mushroom up and to waste your magic, activating Beserk combo

then spam shots. Spacing is super important.. you have to know where the mushroom is the entire time.

..that's how I did 8.

10 is...very easy. :|

Top Bottom