• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Vashetti

Banned
He may kill you fast, but he has about as much health as a piece of wet tissue paper. You should be able to take him out with 3 combos if at least one of them is after you steal his keyblades.

Block his first attack and do a full combo. Proceed to dodge his next 4 attacks and complete the reaction command. Dodge through the lasers and do a full combo. Keep dodging his attacks with your back to him to trigger his second reaction command. After doing it combo him one last time. If you do this he shouldn't even get a chance to use his DM.

Thanks for the info.

I've died too many times to him now and I'm super pissed off, so I'm going to grind some more.

Kinsei

Banned
Valor's, abilities, synthesis and some other stuff I probably forgot.

Drive forms are like summons but instead of summoning an ally you transform and gain new abilities. Each drive form levels up and doing so gets you new abilities for both Sora and the drive form. For example if you level Valor up to level 3 you can use high jump when you're not in valor form.

Abilities do exactly what their descriptions say. You get most of them by leveling up, but you also get a handful from leveling up drive forms and winning certain story battles. You need AP to get abilities and you can increase your AP by leveling up, equipping accessories, and using AP up items. You start with 50 AP on critical mode.

Synthesis: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/735143-kingdom-hearts-hd-25-remix/faqs/42794

Holmes

He may kill you fast, but he has about as much health as a piece of wet tissue paper. You should be able to take him out with 3 combos if at least one of them is after you steal his keyblades.

Block his first attack and do a full combo. Proceed to dodge his next 4 attacks and complete the reaction command. Dodge through the lasers and do a full combo. Keep dodging his attacks with your back to him to trigger his second reaction command. After doing it combo him one last time. If you do this he shouldn't even get a chance to use his DM.
Just beat him. Instead of blocking his first attack, use Reflega. Take a step forward, Reflega, then a full combo.

Honestly data Roxas is much easier than this battle because you have glide

Jigolo

Everyone platinizing the KH games. I'll probably try to do all I can on KH3, beat all the secrets and what not. I just wanted to retire my trey

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Use a limit when he grabs you. When you hear him say "Can you spare a heart?" reflect to guard the attack that forces you to play as Riku.

Riku portion is easy peasy. Completely ignore his guard mechanic (the hell is that thing good for anyway?) and focus on blasting the 2nd Xemnas away with square. Don't wait for him to get close, blast him from far away. Inch closer after every blast until you're just underneath the other Xemnas and enable the Reaction.

Wow. This helps a LOT.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soooo Berserk Charge completely breaks bosses. Good thing this is an endgame ability for Superbosses.

SilverArrow20XX

Nooo. I made it to the very end of the Xemnas battle and I lost because Riku died during the laser thing. I didn't even know that was possible.

Holmes

Nooo. I made it to the very end of the Xemnas battle and I lost because Riku died during the laser thing. I didn't even know that was possible.
At the very end? Yeah, it's really not clear that you need to press both triangle and X. I remember just pressing triangle and Sora was still getting hit. I was like "lemme see if pressing X will do anything... ooooooh."

Protag

Banned
You know now that i remember, BBS on proud was pretty tough for me especially the final boss.

Man its been four years since ive played BBS, and im playing II right now and i didnt quite remember how special KH II is.

The remixed music by Shimomura is too damn good, the new content (i cant wait to get into, as im not that far, olympus collisseum first visit.)

Critical is kicking my ass in some places and with the no Exp ability, im able to keep a balance

II is my favorite AFTER Bbs. Bbs is just a gem, and in some ways surpasses II.

SilverArrow20XX

Just beat Data Xemnas. Just knowing to use Limit after getting grabbed and that I can cheese the Riku segment made it easy.

Finalow

BASED MICKEY

literally saved me against Shadow Stalker crap on critical, not sure how I could have killed that second form otherwise.

by the way, cure takes all of your mps, the hell? Is this critical mode only or what. I'm assuming that I'll use a lot of potions to finish this.

and Donald is pretty much useless at this point, mostly because of that^.

Got my replacement copy from Amazon today and besides one incident, it ran smooth without resetting back to the main menu. I'm going to test it out for a few more days and see if it holds up.

If it starts to act up again, I'm just going to get a refund from Amazon and wait till the eventual PS4 remaster. It really sucks since KH 1.5 HD ran without any problems.

Kinsei

Banned
BASED MICKEY

literally saved me against Shadow Stalker crap on critical, not sure how I could have killed that second form otherwise.

by the way, cure takes all of your mps, the hell? Is this critical mode only or what. I'm assuming that I'll use a lot of potions to finish this.

It's not critical only. They made cure this way because of how easy it was to abuse in KH1.

Soriku

BASED MICKEY

Cure takes all your MP on all difficulties.

Afrocious

And done.

2OidmDS.png

I don't want to see another damn Keyblade for a while.

Lightning

Banned
Roxas is so fucking OP on critical.

Anyone have any tips?
He's the hardest fight of the game that bastard. His data version was for me the hardest fight of the game.

For the first time you fight him reflect his moves and attack after you've successfully reflected him but be careful he counters a lot so I did one combo and dodged out of the way.

I used ethers to ensure I always had MP. Everytime I was without MP in this fight I died.

My advice DO NOT steal his key blades as he spams those fucking lasers when you do and they are a pain in the ass.

He's the hardest fight of the game that bastard. His data version was for me the hardest fight of the game.

For the first time you fight him reflect his moves and attack after you've successfully reflected him but be careful he counters a lot so I did one combo and dodged out of the way.

I used ethers to ensure I always had MP. Everytime I was without MP in this fight I died.

My advice DO NOT steal his key blades as he spams those fucking lasers when you do and they are a pain in the ass.
Ehh, if you steal his keyblades and use Limit Form you'll wipe the floor with him.

Lightning

Banned
Ehh, if you steal his keyblades and use Limit Form you'll wipe the floor with him.
I had a much easier time without stealing those keyblades. He was somewhat predictable with his keyblades but without them very annoying, unbelievably annoying.

You get an opening once you get the keyblades but after that I had a hard time getting near him until he took his keyblades back.

Stealing his keyblades and going into Limit Form is a legit strat on Critical Mode for the story fight, yeah. It'll get you killed real quick in the data battle, though.

SilverArrow20XX

For the data battle I just glided around to dodge his attacks, then whenever he started a combo or prepped his spin attack, I got into position and casted reflega. This does good damage and knocks him off balance so you can then land a combo. Real safe strategy.

Drive forms are like summons but instead of summoning an ally you transform and gain new abilities. Each drive form levels up and doing so gets you new abilities for both Sora and the drive form. For example if you level Valor up to level 3 you can use high jump when you're not in valor form.

Abilities do exactly what their descriptions say. You get most of them by leveling up, but you also get a handful from leveling up drive forms and winning certain story battles. You need AP to get abilities and you can increase your AP by leveling up, equipping accessories, and using AP up items. You start with 50 AP on critical mode.

Synthesis: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/735143-kingdom-hearts-hd-25-remix/faqs/42794

How do I level up drive form? Is there a meter I'm missing telling me how much xp I have for it.

How do I level up drive form? Is there a meter I'm missing telling me how much xp I have for it.

In the start menu: status - this tells you how much exp is needed (you can inly level it up a couple of levels until you unlock the other forms)

Valor - every hit against an enemy counts as 1 exp
Wisdom - 1 exp per heartless defeated while in the form
Master - every drive orb collected while in form
Final (unlocked randomly in the later stages of the game - 1 exp for every nobody defeated while in form

Kinsei

Banned

Under stats you can look at each individual drive form. If you look at one of the two EXP bars (I forget which) it will tell you how to get EXP for that form. Valor form earns 1 EXP every time you hit an enemy.

BatDan

Sign me up for the "Fuck Mushroom 8" club. I go into Master Form, I spam Thundaga until I'm out of MP, go into Berserk Charge, beat the shit out of him, and the most i got was... 84! Time to take a little break.

Oh, and I only have two left. Mushroom 8 and Mushroom 1. So close to that crown.

Why da hell do we need a Kingdom Hearts 3 when KH2 ended like that?! Or am i going to find out something shocking in Birth By Sleep?

There's plenty of reasons for there to be a Kingdom Hearts III. Just keep playing all the games and see.

SilverArrow20XX

Oh god. Anti Sora in the Data Vexen battle is so annoying.

Edit: Huh. Apparently you can kill him through his shield in Master Form.

I've played about an hour of BBS and can already see how I'll like the combat a million times more than KH1 or 2. And there's so much customization and abilities to combine & level up!

sn00zer

I've played about an hour of BBS and can already see how I'll like the combat a million times more than KH1 or 2. And there's so much customization and abilities to combine & level up!

Man....seriously I am so excited to get my hand on KH2.5..... been wanting Final Mix since I first heard about it years ago, and the PSP game I never touched...woohoo cant wait

BatDan

As long as The Great Mouse Detective is ignored by SE there is need for more KH.

Do Japanese Disney fans even know about that movie?
I gathered that most of the worlds are chosen based on what Japanese people like.
Hence the Stitch world in BbS, and the excessive amount of Nightmare Before Christmas.
Not sure about Tron though... is that big in Japan?

Top Bottom