• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Afrocious

Whew. Just managed to get my gold crown. I didn't have to spend too long on Lingering Will. I felt the hardest fights I encountered were with some of the Organization.

Finished off all the minigames and missions in Twilight Town. All that's left is to do the Paradox Cups. I just need to finish the last two paradox cups. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get as many points as they require.

How do you folks do it? Use Stitch all the time?

Lightning

Banned
But that's a huge problem with KH2 that I forgot about until now: In order to really be capable in combat, you have to level up Drive Forms in order to get the Growth abilities, which is a pain because each form only levels up under specific conditions. Then you also have the risk of Anti Form (unless you use Final Form) which is just a dumb mechanic, honestly. I'd be fine if you needed to level the Drive up in order to upgrade the moves (not really but I'd deal better), but to actually force you to level up the Drive in order to even get those abilities in the first place is stupid.
Not really. The game encourages you to use drives and leveling up early to get level 3 is incredibly quick and easy anyway for all the drives. There are several ways to avoid anti sora as you drive when no one's around or when there's a Disney/FF character helping you that way zero chance of anti sora. Given how strong you become in drive form anti sora is a good idea to balance it otherwise it's drive every single boss and whenever you get the chance destroying all before you. Drives would break the game if anti sora didn't prevent it, especially given how quick you can charge your drives in FM.

Not really. The game encourages you to use drives and leveling up early to get level 3 is incredibly quick and easy anyway for all the drives. There are several ways to avoid anti sora as you drive when no one's around or when there's a Disney/FF character helping you that way zero chance of anti sora. Given how strong you become in drive form anti sora is a good idea to balance it otherwise it's drive every single boss and whenever you get the chance destroying all before you. Drives would break the game if anti sora didn't prevent it, especially given how quick you can charge your drives in FM.

I think I'm frustrated more at the fact that Anti Form isn't straightforward about when it'll happen. I looked up the system, and that is some stupid nonsense. It's especially dumb when I get it twice in a row and now I have nothing. I'd be fine with Anti Sora if there were a better way to keep track of it. At least then I'd know the risks straightforward. Just like a "Dark" meter, or something. So, it's not that Anti Sora is a bad mechanic, I just dislike how it's done.

Also, do they tell you how to level up the forms in the game? Because I always got it through guides. Because if they don't, that's also just kind of bad. Even if it is easy to get an early few levels.

Lightning

Banned
I think I'm frustrated more at the fact that Anti Form isn't straightforward about when it'll happen. I looked up the system, and that is some stupid nonsense. It's especially dumb when I get it twice in a row and now I have nothing. I'd be fine with Anti Sora if there were a better way to keep track of it. At least then I'd know the risks straightforward. Just like a "Dark" meter, or something. So, it's not that Anti Sora is a bad mechanic, I just dislike how it's done.

Also, do they tell you how to level up the forms in the game? Because I always got it through guides. Because if they don't, that's also just kind of bad. Even if it is easy to get an early few levels.
You basically get anti sora against organization members as it's like 4x chance it'll happen. In normal fights though anti sora is kinda rare, I hardly ever got it. Against the organization I regularly got hit with it so I removed drive from my plans against them until I had final form to stop that shit from happening.

You can keep track yourself what's your counter by how many times you went into drive form. Bosses 2x that count, organization 4x that count while final form -10 to the count. Getting new forms also resets the count.

Afrocious

If I go into Anti-Form and die, does that count toward the trophy for getting Anti-Form 13 times? I sure do hope so. I rarely survive when in Anti Form.

sappyday

I hate doing anything Gummi related. It's the reason I didn't platinum KH1 (plus the fact that trophies didn't stack but this didn't bother me all that much) so I'm not sure if I should do it with this game. I'm pretty much done with the Journal, I just need to complete the Little Mermaid world again and so the only other trophies I need are the gummi ship ones.

I've come this far though.

Afrocious

I hate doing anything Gummi related. It's the reason I didn't platinum KH1 (plus the fact that trophies didn't stack but this didn't bother me all that much) so I'm not sure if I should do it with this game. I'm pretty much done with the Journal, I just need to complete the Little Mermaid world again and so the only other trophies I need are the gummi ship ones.

I've come this far though.

The Gummi Ship stuff in KH2 is fun if you build a donut gummi.

Trust me.

Though I did complete all the Gummi stuff as I was playing through the worlds.

You basically get anti sora against organization members as it's like 4x chance it'll happen. In normal fights though anti sora is kinda rare, I hardly ever got it. Against the organization I regularly got hit with it so I removed drive from my plans against them until I had final form to stop that shit from happening.

You can keep track yourself what's your counter by how many times you went into drive form. Bosses 2x that count, organization 4x that count while final form -10 to the count. Getting new forms also resets the count.

Yeah yeah I know the formula. I just still don't think it's done well, but whatever. I do want to point out that for the record, I am still enjoying the game. More so than vanilla. Just certain aspects seem...worse, than I remember.

Psxphile

If I go into Anti-Form and die, does that count toward the trophy for getting Anti-Form 13 times? I sure do hope so. I rarely survive when in Anti Form.

Doubtful. The game legitimately keeps track of how many times you've gone Anti in battle (shows up in the Battle Report after the credits). I assume the trophy pops when this value reaches the right amount. However, the way the game works is you lose any progress made between your last save/checkpoint and the point of death which naturally includes the number of times you've gone Anti.

Of course, if it is your 13th Anti you'll get the trophy a few seconds after you transform, so even if you die you'll still have the trophy for it.

Afrocious

Doubtful. The game legitimately keeps track of how many times you've gone Anti in battle (shows up in the Battle Report after the credits). I assume the trophy pops when this value reaches the right amount. However, the way the game works is you lose any progress made between your last save/checkpoint and the point of death which naturally includes the number of times you've gone Anti.

Of course, if it is your 13th Anti you'll get the trophy a few seconds after you transform, so even if you die you'll still have the trophy for it.

Yeah I feared that. God I'm so glad relying on savepoints is becoming a thing of the past.

How did you folks get this trophy? Transforming in an Org fight and hoping for the best?

Also, tips on getting the Titan paradox cup Journal completion? I keep coming short of the points :(.

Yeah I feared that. God I'm so glad relying on savepoints is becoming a thing of the past.

How did you folks get this trophy? Transforming in an Org fight and hoping for the best?

Also, tips on getting the Titan paradox cup Journal completion? I keep coming short of the points :(.

You can just go to Cerberus cup and use Two Become One. Just use Drive (not Final Form) and after you go to Anti Form go start->retry.

As for TPC I used Stich limit+square mash and Peter Pan limit+mash X.

Falk

that puzzling face
I discovered belatedly that doing Rumble Racing in Arena also finishes them in the mini-games section of the journal for each character

afahglah3topi2h3t

Caladrius

I discovered belatedly that doing Rumble Racing in Arena also finishes them in the mini-games section of the journal for each character

afahglah3topi2h3t

RIP.

It was bad enough just clearing all four courses twice with each character, I can't imagine doing it more than that.

Psxphile

Easy way is to wait until you have the Two Become One keyblade from a mandatory (and difficult) boss, equip it and then you'll go Anti every time you transform. You'll also (eventually) induce Final Form to appear, so there's that.

Hard way (a.k.a. my way) is to just spam Drive Forms every chance you get, including all battles and *especially* during boss fights to drive the counter up. It's a slow and deliberate process and kinda dangerous (especially on Critical) but you'll probably end up doing this anyway... especially since you can also level up the forms while you're doing this.

EDIT: hm, too little too late

Falk

that puzzling face
RIP.

It was bad enough just clearing all four courses twice with each character, I can't imagine doing it more than that.

Twice? No, aside for Terra's story race you need to clear them once for each character. In Mirage Arena. You don't even have to touch Chip and Dale in Disney Town

Afrocious

Easy way is to wait until you have the Two Become One keyblade from a mandatory (and difficult) boss, equip it and then you'll go Anti every time you transform. You'll also (eventually) induce Final Form to appear, so there's that.

Hard way (a.k.a. my way) is to just spam Drive Forms every chance you get, including all battles and *especially* during boss fights to drive the counter up. It's a slow and deliberate process and kinda dangerous (especially on Critical) but you'll probably end up doing this anyway... especially since you can also level up the forms while you're doing this.

I've already done everything in the game, so I might just do what was recommended earlier and spam drives in the Cerberus Cup.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just beat the Mushroom XIII. I actually thought VIII was one of the easier ones.

Fatal Crest. Wisdom Form. Start facing train. Juggle with thundaga until out of MP. Back up slightly and spam regular attack while locked on so the beams keep hitting him as he gets higher. This'll also make it so he's high enough to start casting thundaga until out of MP again. Repeat. 99 points.

Try summoning Stich twice (you should be able to do 2 limits each time) and Peter Pan last since it actually damages/kills enemies.

It's even better to just summon him and let him do his thing while you dodge around, then use his limit right before the drive gage runs out. If you're lucky, you can get the equivalent of 12+ limits per round. I've gotten double the needed points this way.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I got to Spellican on my Critical DDD run

I'm putting the game away. It was fun up to that point*.

*who am I kidding 3DS is just about as bad as DS for action games oh god

aravuus

So I got to Spellican on my Critical DDD run

I'm putting the game away. It was fun up to that point*.

*who am I kidding 3DS is just about as bad as DS for action games oh god

Playing DDD for the first time was horrible

I really quite liked the game at first but holy shit did my hands hurt all the time

Bousf

Got the chills with the final scenes of Re:Coded HD, so much little details *0*

I'm going to take a KH break before jumping into BBS FM HD, I'll probably get to it around February :D

Just kinda bought this on impulse today. Man, I forgot how fucking great (and confusing) KH2 is. And I guess Final Mix bumps up the difficulty, cause I've managed to die quite a few times on normal.

Can't wait to play BBS for the first time.

Vashetti

Banned
Just kinda bought this on impulse today. Man, I forgot how fucking great (and confusing) KH2 is. And I guess Final Mix bumps up the difficulty, cause I've managed to die quite a few times on normal.

Can't wait to play BBS for the first time.

Is such a thing even possible?!

Falk

that puzzling face

Yes it is

v0z2dJq.jpg

Well, yeah. Maybe I've been spending too much time with Shadow of Mordor and the like, where you literally stand in one place and mindlessly spam attack until its time to counter something.

This game requires you to actually manoeuvre around and react to things, lol.

Finalow

There's a video on Youtube of someone playing on standard and dieing to the Azel fight at the end of the prologue. Yes, it is possible.
good player.

I died against his first fight on critical, but not in that one since you get 2 keyblades and the ability to combo him for 10 seconds straight.

I never want to see the words "Rumble Racing" ever again.
seriously fuck that crap.

Vashetti

Banned
Just beat Zexion's absent silhouette. He was pretty easy, only three bars of health, I am level 46 though.

Are all the others about the same, power wise? Or do they get progressively harder? Who should I fight next?

Carbonox

Once you've created everything in the Synthesis menu and the Lists, is it still worth synthesizing any particular items more than once? I guess the only use of the synthesis feature is to farm Power/Magic/Defense Boosts then?

Once you've created everything in the Synthesis menu and the Lists, is it still worth synthesizing any particular items more than once? I guess the only use of the synthesis feature is to farm Power/Magic/Defense Boosts then?

I need to farm me some power boosts. My Sora can't take on these Data battle beasts breh

Top Bottom