• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just beat Luxord. I had pretty much no time left, and he had maybe 20%, then I won that final minigame and our bars switched. Such a weird boss.

SilverArrow20XX

His fight is pretty much a mini game

One that I severly sucked at

Yeah lol. If I was good enough to win the roulette more than half of the time he'd be a breeze.

Edit: What the hell? Demyx is impossible. His water guys don't have the reaction command to swing them around anymore.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah lol. If I was good enough to win the roulette more than half of the time he'd be a breeze.

Edit: What the hell? Demyx is impossible. His water guys don't have the reaction command to swing them around anymore.
Use wisdom form and Firaga with bond of flame and the water forms and Demyx are toast.

Give goofy a supply of ethers too will help. He'll toss them on you when you're low on MP while you destroy Demyx and his clones.

SilverArrow20XX

Wow. I wrecked his life bar down to nothing real fast, but then it wouldn't let me kill him. I'm guessing that last water dance is scripted? Didn't pack enough ethers so I lost. I'll get him this time though.

In the start menu: status - this tells you how much exp is needed (you can inly level it up a couple of levels until you unlock the other forms)

Valor - every hit against an enemy counts as 1 exp
Wisdom - 1 exp per heartless defeated while in the form
Master - every drive orb collected while in form
Final (unlocked randomly in the later stages of the game - 1 exp for every nobody defeated while in form

SilverArrow20XX

Zexion was difficult. Probably the most difficult so far for me, though I still need to fight Axel and Saix. Watched a video where the guy just spams thundaga and somehow manages to get the reaction to exit the book world to come immediately. For me the reaction seemed to really not want to appear. Final Form is a life saver though.

Psxphile

Timing on Ice Cream Beat seems a little off-kilter. I was afraid of that.

Got Fantastic on each one in Beginner, but I'm dreading doing it again on Master. The tempo for Destiny Islands is soooooo slow it completely throws me off.

To add:

Limit - 1 exp for every completed Limit attack. And we're not talking about the standard Limit attacks you have with party members but the set of four you get with Limit Form (it replaces the Magic command): Sonic Rave, Final Arcanum, Strike Raid and Infinity. You have to activate them and continue the combo by mashing triangle until you get the finisher. They'll also temporarily replace your shortcuts so you can activate them there if you wish (unless you have an item on shortcut, that'll remain).

That one needs extra 'splaining because it's not quite as straightforward.

I never had any problems with the Ice Cream Beat on my PSP (haven't played it on PS3 yet, I'm still at the second Disney world but I'll make some progress today. Work and Vita has kept me a lil busy). Fruit minigame is far worse.

HeelPower

Just started KH2 and got Sora to wake up.

The game is so gorgeous and the combat feels great years later.

SE did an amazing job with this game back then.It feels like a great PS3 game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why da hell do we need a Kingdom Hearts 3 when KH2 ended like that?! Or am i going to find out something shocking in Birth By Sleep?

Birth by Sleep and Coded (and DDD to some extent) set up exactly what KH3's conflict is going to be.

Psxphile

Got Fantastic on It's A Small World -Master-. Yeah, I think it's doable.

Fruit minigame is far worse.

Oh, definitely. That's right up there with FFX Catcher Chocobo in that it's mostly luck-based and the controls are crazy awkward, especially when you have multiple fruit on the field. Well, I managed to beat Pete after the fourth time so I guess I can't complain too much.

SilverArrow20XX

Is the ice cream timing off? I noticed the timing for the Atlantica songs were off. You had to it a tiny bit early or you'll get a bad. I don't remember it being like that on PS2. I had no problem with ice cream on PSP either, but now I'm worried.

Beat all of the Data XIII. Now on to item farming to complete the journal, then Terra.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh, definitely. That's right up there with FFX Catcher Chocobo in that it's mostly luck-based and the controls are crazy awkward, especially when you have multiple fruit on the field. Well, I managed to beat Pete after the fourth time so I guess I can't complain too much.

Bullshit it's anything like the aggravation that is FFX choco racing.

Triangle to lob stuff upwards, then while in the air:
- Triangle to smash the yellow fruit (bananas) at enemies,
- left analog stick direction plus X to spike anything other than bananas at the goal.
never ever use any other button than triangle when on the ground because overhead smashes >>>>>> whatever you can do on the ground.
Impossible not to build a lead when your opponents spend half the time slipping on banana peel

Still a bottom-tier time waster regardless.

Psxphile

Ah ha ha, FANTASTIC-ed Dessert Paradise -Master- on the first try. Still got it.

What was the point of the Frozen Fortune Command Style again? Seems a little silly.

EDIT: oh god why is there slowdown at the tail-end of Destiny Islands -Master-!?! Seems like a total de-synch during the final seconds. Got Fantastic by the skin of my teeth. Actually, I remember this being more aggravating on the PSP.

Lightning

Banned
The Auron situation in KH2 should never be repeated. EVER.

You get him for a brief period until Cereberus, which is incredibly short, then that's it until the Hades boss fight right at the end of the 2nd time through. WAY under used, almost just thrown in there for the hell of it and he's one of my favorite characters from FFX. I don't grind in Olympus so basically for that brief period Auron never got used which SUCKS.

Unless Square use the character properly don't put them in.

sappyday

The Auron situation in KH2 should never be repeated. EVER.

You get him for a brief period until Cereberus, which is incredibly short, then that's it until the Hades boss fight right at the end of the 2nd time through. WAY under used, almost just thrown in there for the hell of it and he's one of my favorite characters from FFX. I don't grind in Olympus so basically for that brief period Auron never got used which SUCKS.

Unless Square use the character properly don't put them in.

Not gonna happen. Unless, it's Cloud, Sephiroth, or Squall they are just gonna use FF characters as a "oh it's him/her from FF_." Although I guess they sort of learned in BbS.

This reminds me though. I wonder if Nomura will put Noctis in KH3. You would think it's guaranteed since it is his character, however, who knows how much that shit hurt him.

Captcha

Not gonna happen. Unless, it's Cloud, Sephiroth, or Squall they are just gonna use FF characters as a "oh it's him/her from FF_." Although I guess they sort of learned in BbS.

This reminds me though. I wonder if Nomura will put Noctis in KH3. You would think it's guaranteed since it is his character, however, who knows how much that shit hurt him.

Lightning is going to be co-lead and you know it. Turns out she's Sora too somehow.

Does Firewheel/Thunderoll lose invincibility frames in BBS? Something tells me they do because I seem to be taking damage when I shouldn't. Love Firewheel :(.

Man 2.5 didn't exactly chart too well on the first week on PAL charts but it was just gone on the following weeks. Dat PS3 exclusivity doing work. It did better in Japan but still a big drop from 1.5. I doubt NPD will be much different especially when 1.5 did surprisingly well over there.

Vashetti

Banned
Man 2.5 didn't exactly chart too well on the first week on PAL charts but it was just gone on the following weeks. Dat PS3 exclusivity doing work. It did better in Japan but still a big drop from 1.5. I doubt NPD will be much different especially when 1.5 did surprisingly well over there.

I'm only double-dipping on potential PS4 versions if the Trophy lists are shared, same with FFX/X-2.

Not doing all this shit all over again.

jrush64

Banned
Just finished Birth By Sleep Final Mix with all characters, Extra episode and Secret Episode on Critical Mode. I feel proud of myself.

I was getting my ass handed to me by mere
Heartless
??? Man it was embarrassing.

I'm guessing Birth By Sleep Volume 2 isn't happening anytime soon.

Kain

Holy shit Castle of dreams with Aqua in proud is HARD. I had to grind like crazy to get pass the zone outside the castle gates (where you fight the boss).

She hits like a wet noodle and has no access to good magic, just shitty commands. And no cure, of course. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Then the boss is a pushover, a couple of blocks and dead.

Then I got more space in the command deck, Blizzara and cure and I'm breezing through Enchanted dominion (I love this world).

Such balance.

Finalow

It's not critical only. They made cure this way because of how easy it was to abuse in KH1.

Cure takes all your MP on all difficulties.
I see.
well it was indeed easy to abuse leaf bracer + cure in the first game, but then again the difficulty wasn't high at all to being with.

BBS lets you abuse that, I pretty much spammed curaga with leaf bracer against MF more than the actual attack moves, lol. honestly I'm glad they didn't take remove or fix that.

KH2 on critical is the Dark Soul of KH games. it's surely getting more interesting than a proud run.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If we get a KH collection for PS4, I'm hoping there's install for KHIIFM. The load times can get annoying.

Kinsei

Banned
Just got the Roxas/Xemnas/Zexion/Luxord/Marluxia data fights left

not sure who to try tackle first tbh

Luxord is the easiest to fight, but his DM mini-game is really tough.
Marluxia is only slightly harder than Luxord and he doesn't have a mini-game.
Xemnas is pretty easy too, but you need to beat both forms in a row.
Zexion isn't hard, but the fight is way too random. Every time I win it has nothing to do with skill, just pure luck.
Roxas is the second hardest fight in the game if you don't loop him.

Afrocious

Just got the Roxas/Xemnas/Zexion/Luxord/Marluxia data fights left

not sure who to try tackle first tbh
If you beat larxene, I think you're golden. Xemnas is only annoying because of his bug. The moment you get him to start shooting you a lot, he becomes more open.

Roxas falls to glide and a good reflect and guard game.

So I've been playing more 2FM, and oh god it's so good, I just started the second visit to every world. Critical Mode actually makes KH2 a great game, I love how Sora just goes insane with every ability equipped.

My only complaints so far are:

• Fucking Loading times are HORRIBLE
  • Changing to Drive form takes too long, I pause the game and that's just lame.
  • Fuck Antiform, why does it even exist?

I also skipped the Pride Lands and now I can't even go, I didn't remember that happened haha....... I also have to go to Atlantica. :(

Protag

Banned
Whats the name of the rendition of Dearly Beloved that plays on menu select for all three titles?

Its perfect, i think its the Bbs rendition but im not sure.

Edit: its not the same version that plays on the Bbs menu.

Timing on Ice Cream Beat seems a little off-kilter. I was afraid of that.

Got Fantastic on each one in Beginner, but I'm dreading doing it again on Master. The tempo for Destiny Islands is soooooo slow it completely throws me off.

To add:

Limit - 1 exp for every completed Limit attack. And we're not talking about the standard Limit attacks you have with party members but the set of four you get with Limit Form (it replaces the Magic command): Sonic Rave, Final Arcanum, Strike Raid and Infinity. You have to activate them and continue the combo by mashing triangle until you get the finisher. They'll also temporarily replace your shortcuts so you can activate them there if you wish (unless you have an item on shortcut, that'll remain).

That one needs extra 'splaining because it's not quite as straightforward.

Forgot about that whoops...yeah so in limit form there are 4 special attacks
Lets say sonic rave for an example when active spamming triangle till the attack fully completes gets you 1 exp

iosefe

Whats the name of the rendition of Dearly Beloved that plays on menu select for all three titles?

Its perfect, i think its the Bbs rendition but im not sure.

Edit: its not the same version that plays on the Bbs menu.

its the Piano collections version i believe

Soriku

• Changing to Drive form takes too long, I pause the game and that's just lame.
  • Fuck Antiform, why does it even exist?

People have been complaining about the Drive loading...I actually don't mind it because there is a way to use it strategically. Remember you're invincible while it's loading, and the enemy is still attacking, although in slow motion. But if the enemy is doing a really long, powerful, and/or hard to dodge attack, you can use Drives to save yourself.

On Antiform, it's annoying that you can't revert when you're in it, but Antiform seems to stagger enemies easier than most other forms, plus it can do some good damage.

So I have been playing KH:FM and the load times are not nearly as bad. I wonder if KH2 was just ported over without any real fixes?
I guess it would make sense considering most of the effort was probably spent on BBS.

Vashetti

Banned
If we get a KH collection for PS4, I'm hoping there's install for KHIIFM. The load times can get annoying.

Are you unaware of how it all works on the PS4?

Everything gets installed to the HDD, for every game. The disc is just a delivery system nowadays to get the game onto the HDD, and is just used for verification after that.

Top Bottom