• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are you unaware of how it all works on the PS4?

Everything gets installed to the HDD, for every game. The disc is just a delivery system nowadays to get the game onto the HDD, and is just used for verification after that.

Then hopefully a PS4 collection happens (and it probably will considering FFX is getting one)
Sounds like retail is a way to keep bandwidth caps low

SykoTech

Was expecting Xaldin to be a lot harder than that. I whooped his ass pretty bad. I guess playing on Critical Lvl 1 didn't mean much since I already knew all his tricks after playing vanilla.

Guess I'll have to wait to get to the extra and data battles before getting a really tough challenge. I know absolutely nothing about any of their flowcharts.

People have been complaining about the Drive loading...I actually don't mind it because there is a way to use it strategically. Remember you're invincible while it's loading, and the enemy is still attacking, although in slow motion. But if the enemy is doing a really long, powerful, and/or hard to dodge attack, you can use Drives to save yourself.

On Antiform, it's annoying that you can't revert when you're in it, but Antiform seems to stagger enemies easier than most other forms, plus it can do some good damage.

I know what you mean, I also use it strategically but I love the combat in this game and the "loading" just kills the flow of the moment, also in some timed battles the clock won't stop, and it's obviously not intended as you can pause the game and pre-load it which means it's not timed or anything.

Antiform would be fine if I could use reaction commands, in some battles you're just dead if you go into that form, in Critical Mode you get one or two shotted.

Oh yea, I still have Xaldin left as well.

Limit form is so good brehs.

Take enough damage to get my MP back and sonic rave. For some reason every attack I hit with Sonic Rave gives me back HP.

basically im superman breh

Kinsei

Banned
Oh yea, I still have Xaldin left as well.

Limit form is so good brehs.

Take enough damage to get my MP back and sonic rave. For some reason every attack I hit with Sonic Rave gives me back HP.

basically im superman breh

You going to try and limit form cheese Xaldin? *Heh* Good luck with that.

Man the coliseum in KH2 really blows. Even abusing stitch and Peter Pan didn't get me that stupid "10000 medals"

Who thought that was a good idea? The KH1 coliseum was awesome and a great place to grind. This one just isn't fun.

botty

Banned
So I beat 5/13 data battles:

Saix, Roxas, Axel, Larxene, and Vexen.

I'll have to beat the game on critical, but getting through these data battles has me proud of myself.

Afrocious

Man the coliseum in KH2 really blows. Even abusing stitch and Peter Pan didn't get me that stupid "10000 medals"

Who thought that was a good idea? The KH1 coliseum was awesome and a great place to grind. This one just isn't fun.

I ran into the same issue as well.

What I did too fix this: after your first limit with stitch, avoid enemies until stitch takes his ukulele out by himself. This will make balls appear. Once that's done, do the second stitch limit.

xewind

I found the easiest way to do this looking in another forum. Try getting Sora's health into critical and use Stitch. What will happen is that Stitch will use his ukulele and it will drop medals non stop. If I remember well I got those 10,000 points by round 3, worked like a charm.

Oh and if you get health orbs and get the health back to normal, Stitch will stop doing it. So try not to get them.

SunGod

Okay so I just finished all three characters' stories in Birth by Sleep but missed Xenahort's Report 5 with Terra (from the Mirage Arena I just read)

Does this mean after I load up my Terra save file to collect Xehanort's Report 5 and beat the story again and unlock the final chapter that the combat level of each world will not go up?

If so, is that for all three characters, or just Terra?

Is there any way around this? Can I load up Terra's file, collect Xehanort's Report 5, beat the final boss. Save on a different slot, play through Final/Secret Chapter, beat it and then go back to my original save file with Terra (with no Xehanort's Report 5) and combat levels will have increased?

Hopefully all of that makes sense!

Kinsei

Banned
Okay so I just finished all three characters' stories in Birth by Sleep but missed Xenahort's Report 5 with Terra (from the Mirage Arena I just read)

Does this mean after I load up my Terra save file to collect Xehanort's Report 5 and beat the story again and unlock the final chapter that the combat level of each world will not go up?

If so, is that for all three characters, or just Terra?

Is there any way around this? Can I load up Terra's file, collect Xehanort's Report 5, beat the final boss. Save on a different slot, play through Final/Secret Chapter, beat it and then go back to my original save file with Terra (with no Xehanort's Report 5) and combat levels will have increased?

Hopefully all of that makes sense!

If Terra is hit with the glitch (It doesn't have a 100% chance of happening) it would only affect him. Your solution might work, so I'd try it just to be safe.

demonkaze

da,m Mushrooms I and VIII, they're really pissing me off at this point! I can't seem to do either of them to save my life and i'm about ready to give up at this point! I've tried most of the strats I could find for them, any other advice for these!?

BatDan

I got all the Mushrooms! Now I have Bronze Crown.

Now to alternate between fighting the Data Organization and the last three Paradox Cups.
... Probably going to do Birth by Sleep Proud as well since this is nuts.

Kinsei

Banned
I can't beat luxurd's data game :/

of all things.

Have you tried the pause trick? When you reach the final O keep pausing until you pause on an X., then start mashing X as you unpause and it should register right as the X turns to an O.

Carbonox

da,m Mushrooms I and VIII, they're really pissing me off at this point! I can't seem to do either of them to save my life and i'm about ready to give up at this point! I've tried most of the strats I could find for them, any other advice for these!?

Mushroom 1 - Every time he reverses himself, wait approximately 1 second or so before reversing yourself. There is a slight delay between the end of his reverse animation and the the beginning of his attack one and you'll find it's like time slowing down if you don't mash the reverse button normally. Then just hit reverse once and he'll be confused straight away.

Bit hard to describe but instead of reversing instantly when he does, let him finish his reverse animation, hold a split second and then reverse. Worked every time for me.

Mushroom 8 - Took me like 2 hours of no dice yesterday. Did it first time just now though. What I did was use Master Form, two keyblades with reach, remove all MP abilities and equip the Berserk ability and the Horizontal Slash ability. Then, use Curaga to waste your MP bar, throw him in the air, do a combo, do 4 horizontal slashes, another combo, some more horizontal slashes and continue. I found that by alternating these rather than just one permanent combo blitz, his tendency to fling himself too far away from you was lowered dramatically and I got 94 hits.

This is purely based on luck though.

demonkaze

Mushroom 1 - Every time he reverses himself, wait approximately 1 second or so before reversing yourself. There is a slight delay between the end of his reverse animation and the the beginning of his attack one and you'll find it's like time slowing down if you don't mash the reverse button normally. Then just hit reverse once and he'll be confused straight away.

Bit hard to describe but instead of reversing instantly when he does, let him finish his reverse animation, hold a split second and then reverse. Worked every time for me.

Mushroom 8 - Took me like 2 hours of no dice yesterday. Did it first time just now though. What I did was use Master Form, two keyblades with reach, remove all MP abilities and equip the Berserk ability and the Horizontal Slash ability. Then, use Curaga to waste your MP bar, throw him in the air, do a combo, do 4 horizontal slashes, another combo, some more horizontal slashes and continue. I found that by alternating these rather than just one permanent combo blitz, his tendency to fling himself too far away from you was lowered dramatically and I got 94 hits.

This is purely based on luck though.

What about equipment and ability setup for mushroom I? Final Form i'm assuming?

Amani

Just beat Sephiroth. On the first try. Not sure if it was muscle memory from vanilla KH2, or if the AS fights made me used to blocking more effectively, but that felt good.

Question about the Data fights: do you get materials or something for beating them all, or is it purely for the challenge? I'm down either way, just curious.

Carbonox

In terms of stat item farming, how high does Strength and Defence need to be? I recall 80 being the cut-off with the difference between that and the actual max number you can raise them to being non-existent. Might have misread though.

What about equipment and ability setup for mushroom I? Final Form i'm assuming?

For Mushroom 1 I used Wisdom Form actually. The shooting helped get the hits on quickly.

BatDan

Just beat Sephiroth. On the first try. Not sure if it was muscle memory from vanilla KH2, or if the AS fights made me used to blocking more effectively, but that felt good.

Question about the Data fights: do you get materials or something for beating them all, or is it purely for the challenge? I'm down either way, just curious.

Beating the Chain of Memories/Absent Silhouette members gives you Lost Illusions
Xigbar, Xaldin, and Saix give Defense Boosts
Axel and Roxas give Magic Boosts
Demyx and Luxord give AP Boosts
Xemnas gives Power Boosts

Beating all 13 gives you a Crown.

demonkaze

In terms of stat item farming, how high does Strength and Defence need to be? I recall 80 being the cut-off with the difference between that and the actual max number you can raise them to being non-existent. Might have misread though.

For Mushroom 1 I used Wisdom Form actually. The shooting helped get the hits on quickly.

Jesus, it actually works bitching on GAF, just now finished both I and VIII, those tips helped immensely, finally done with these awful things!

Carbonox

I didn't think Horizontal Slash worked for Master Form... or am I thinking of another ability?

You're right. Just tested.

Looks like I blended together two tactics I alternated between for ages. Fucking mushrooms. :lol

The tactic with Master Form basically revolves around holding the stick in the direction of the Mushroom to ensure you don't dash attack in some stupid direction which happened to me plenty of times if I didn't do anything with the stick. Mashing X too of course though holding your combo for half a second and then resuming seemed to move things in to favourable territory.

The tactic with horizontal slash requires no form and is basically Sora going in dry. Alternating between horizontal slash a few times and a several hit combo seems to do a damn good trick at preventing the mushroom from flying away from your hits.

Both netted me good hit amounts but it was by luck that the former did the trick for me. The latter also worked far better than other tactics I attempted.

Using Limits and Magic are also popular manners on Youtube.

There are many methods but getting the luck and spot in the environment required to keep the mushroom with you is where the fun's (lolno) at.

Jesus, it actually works bitching on GAF, just now finished both I and VIII, those tips helped immensely, finally done with these awful things!

That's awesome, congrats!

Kinsei

Banned
In terms of stat grinding for the data fights (up to 80 at least anyway), is magic necessary too or just Defense and Strength?

The only fight where magic is used to deal damage is Axel, but Blizzaga deals so much damage to him that you don't need to worry about grinding magic boosts.

In all honesty it would probably be quicker for you to just farm the boosts from the data fights themselves instead of synthing them.

demonkaze

The only fight where magic is used to deal damage is Axel, but Blizzaga deals so much damage to him that you don't need to worry about grinding magic boosts.

In all honesty it would probably be quicker for you to just farm the boosts from the data fights themselves instead of synthing them.

At the moment my Defense is 79 and my Strength is 72, is that high enough for the data fights?

Kinsei

Banned
At the moment my Defense is 79 and my Strength is 72, is that high enough for the data fights?

Yes. My strength was nowhere near that and I was still doing over a full bar of health per combo. Defense doesn't really matter in Data fights because of how much damage they do. So long as you have once more and second chance you'll be able to beat them.

Vashetti

Banned
Just attempted Roxas again.

I'm really fucked off how much the game has come to a standstill over this. I'm level 52 for fuck sake, he shouldn't be this difficult.

BatDan

*sees a preview for TIHYDP Kingdom Hearts II FM* Oh this is going to be a trainwreck.

BatDan

People have already put out preview videos? He's only just beaten HB.

After the playthrough of the first game, people have come prepared.

Oh and for the record, his only knowledge of Chain of Memories is through reading about it and what people told him. He didn't bother to play it. Despite not paying attention to the first game, he cries that the story is "not what Kingdom Hearts is about".

Kinsei

Banned
just finished 1.5 and just starting on 2.5

i'm planning to 100% this game :O

playing on proud

any tips?

still in twlight town

I'd recommend restarting on critical. It makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable IMO.

Make sure you level up your drives ASAP since the growth abilities are very useful.

Top Bottom