• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Lightning

Banned
Oh if you're doing all the Datas you're in for hell. I only did 1 Data fight
Honestly cheapest way to do it is do the main game on critical and all the side stuff on Normal. If you just want trophies that's what I would recommend doing and it would probably be hell of a lot faster than going through all the optional stuff in critical and dying over and over again.

I think you just have to beat the datas to get their trophy, doesn't have to be crirical to do this.

sheesh

alright.....

so how does critical works exactly? still a bit confuse

on the 3rd day i get certain skills and etc

what else?

lower health

i'll get 3 shotted is what i know already (duh)

Lightning

Banned
sheesh

alright.....

so how does critical works exactly? still a bit confuse

on the 3rd day i get certain skills and etc

what else?

lower health

i'll get 3 shotted is what i know already (duh)
On critical you get 2x Lucky Lucky, Reaction Boost, Finishing Plus are the main ones. You also start with 50 AP and you gain AP +3 instead of +2 making you able to equip more AP abilities in the game.

Negatives half health, 20 less MP, enemies hit twice as hard, exp received 3/4 the normal amount. Critical is the way to go but if youre not good at blocking and reflecting you're screwed. No strategy can save you in that mode, you'll die really fast,

On critical you get 2x Lucky Lucky, Reaction Boost, Finishing Plus are the main ones. You also start with 50 AP and you gain AP +3 instead of +2 making you able to equip more AP abilities in the game.

Negatives half health, 20 less MP, enemies hit twice as hard, exp received 3/4 the normal amount. Critical is the way to go but if youre not good at blocking and reflecting you're screwed. No strategy can save you in that mode, you'll die really fast,

got it !

so critical should be my mode then :3

blocking and dodging are my forte in this game

thanks !

sappyday

It's not that hard. At the beginning it will be rough but halfway through it will feel like playing Proud mode. You still have higher chance of dying if you're not careful. And the optional bosses really feel worth it on critical.

Carbonox

Tips for getting the 10k points in the Titan Paradox Cup? It's clear just using Stitch each round isn't going to be enough. I ended my last run at 3000 points and that's cos some silly guide said 2500 is enough. :lol Looked elsewhere and was shocked to see 10k.

Banzai

Tips for getting the 10k points in the Titan Paradox Cup? It's clear just using Stitch each round isn't going to be enough. I ended my last run at 3000 points and that's cos some silly guide said 2500 is enough. :lol Looked elsewhere and was shocked to see 10k.

peter pan is better, isnt he? At least i remember using him way back when.

sappyday

Make sure you have summon level max and have all the abilities that expand the time of summons and limits. Summon stitch two times and the last summon have it be Peter Pan.

Kinsei

Banned
I died on the final round of the Hades Paradox cup.

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I just realized that Anti-Form didn't get activated a single time throughout my many drives used in the data fights. Does it just never appear after unlocking Final Form or is it a data fight thing?

He's still going to be much harder.

I disagree. The fact that you have glide for the Data Roxas fight alone makes the battle much much easier than the story one.

Critical is the way to go but if youre not good at blocking and reflecting you're screwed. No strategy can save you in that mode, you'll die really fast,
Do reflects and guards do more damage than in Proud Mode?
I found trying to reflect/guard stuff really did not do anything to the enemies HP and it was quicker to just abuse the Drives giving you free MP/HP.

Sifl

I'm just gonna rant here for a second.
Data Roxas has driven me crazy, and I've given up trying to beat him. I'm only level 55, but I know how to avoid/counter all of his attacks except for the attack that mimics Final Form where he rapidly hits you. I can counter it when he randomly does it, but occasionally he does it as a direct counter after you perform a finisher on him. When he does it randomly he only rapidly hits you twice and it's easy to block.When he does it as a counter, he hits you a third time which kills me everytime, and as far as I can tell there's no way to guard quick enough to stop this sequence. I'm not recovering in midair, it's like the first 2 times he does it count as 1 combo, and the third time resets the combo. I've tried this fight probably 50 times today and every time it ends the same way, get him to 3-2 health bars, then all of a sudden he pulls this out of his ass and destroys me.
Fuck this fight.

Carbonox

Vexen and Zexion down.

That leaves:

Axel
Xemnas
Saix
Xigbar
Luxord
Demyx
Xaldin

Who should I go for next? Should get Demyx out of the way as I hear Wisdom + Firaga = annihilation for the chump.

Amani

Beating the Chain of Memories/Absent Silhouette members gives you Lost Illusions
Xigbar, Xaldin, and Saix give Defense Boosts
Axel and Roxas give Magic Boosts
Demyx and Luxord give AP Boosts
Xemnas gives Power Boosts

Beating all 13 gives you a Crown.

Ah yes, forgot about the crown, thank ye.

Now to actually BEAT said Data Fights...fucking Axel.

Lightning

Banned
Do reflects and guards do more damage than in Proud Mode?
I found trying to reflect/guard stuff really did not do anything to the enemies HP and it was quicker to just abuse the Drives giving you free MP/HP.
Not really sure about proud mode as haven't played it since the original KH2 oh so long ago now. I've only played critical and reflect damaged enemies when the explosion from it hits them after a successful reflect. I greatly damaged Larxene and Marluxia this way.

The main reason you need reflect and block on critical though as you can't sponge hits like you can on other modes. On critical mode you die in 2-3 hits most of the time

Groof

Should I be leveling or something. I keep being 2-4 levels under the world battle level.

Oh and I got the Nobody Lance on my first encounter with the Lancer duders. Nice.

Lightning

Banned
This is pissing me off. I can't find the 1 limit break I'm missing in my journal. Totally annoying. It's the one between Aladdin and Jack Sparrow.

Caladrius

Beaten Armor of Eraqus and No Heart as Terra

Armor of Eraqus is about as hard as we was before. Only thing that seemed different is that he seems to change resistances throughout the battle, which I don't remember being the case in the PSP version. (Though I last played that two years ago, so it could just be that I forgot).

No Heart was simultaneously harder and easier. The fight thankfully lasts well under 15 minutes now provided you're at level 50. I remember trying to fight NH at level 60 in the PSP version and it took some 40 minutes before he killed me. (He had at least 4 bars left). In exchange, he is, as others have said, much faster and attacks about as often as the Myseterious Figure. Thankfully since most of his attacks aren't fucking crazy he's still manageable in spite of his speed. For better or worse, his increased attack rate makes Rhythm Mixer far harder to abuse this time. Only attack that was frustrating was his vertical dive. Kept paralyzing me with it and killing me with the follow-up. Without the length of the fight being cut down and Rhythm Mixer being far harder to abuse, it makes him fairly challenging without being frustrating, since you can get a good handle on his attacks without fearing you'll be atomized for ridiculous reasons like the MF. If it weren't for BBS's hideously broken dodge mechanics I think he'd be a solid successor to the Lingering Will.

demonkaze

Do you guys suggest synthing a bunch of elixirs for the data fights? Me popping ethers in the middle of the fights is hindering me more than helping me i'm starting to think lol.

Caladrius

Do you guys suggest synthing a bunch of elixirs for the data fights? Me popping ethers in the middle of the fights is hindering me more than helping me i'm starting to think lol.

If you have a good amount of Lucky rings you can just go fight Devastators in Space Paranoids for them. The base drop rate is 5 percent, but you can bump it up to a maximum of 40% with maxed out Luck Rings. (Though you should really only need 2-4 rings, I like to go ham).

Oh okay I actually can't limit form cheese Xaldin

fuck.

Yeah, can't really cheese him. If you equip Guardian Soul, you can just mash triangle when you get an opportunity to get a lot of lance attacks and keep spamming them against him. Can take up to half-a-dozen bars off of his HP.

Yeah, can't really cheese him. If you equip Guardian Soul, you can just mash triangle when you get an opportunity to get a lot of lance attacks and keep spamming them against him. Can take up to half-a-dozen bars off of his HP.

Ah, no wonder the video I was watching the guy was using Guardian Soul.

thanks

demonkaze

If you have a good amount of Lucky rings you can just go fight Devastators in Space Paranoids for them. The base drop rate is 5 percent, but you can bump it up to a maximum of 40% with maxed out Luck Rings. (Though you should really only need 2-4 rings, I like to go ham).

Wheres the best area in Space Paranoids to farm them?

Holmes

Yeah, KH2 platinum! :D I just rushed through TWTNW and beat all the bosses quickly on Critical. The only part of the final boss that gave me trouble was the part where you gotta destroy the giant ship thing with lasers and shit. But I was able to beat Xemnas' final form in one try.

I really want to play Birth by Sleep buuut I know I will get burnt out after about ten or twenty hours so I'll play some Ni no Kuni. Tidy!

Lightning

Banned
gonna need more explanations b
Basically I combo him at the start of the fight, back off after completing 1 combo, and start collecting jumps while reflecting and air dodging his attacks then jump attack him 9 times without doing a combo at the end. I keep doing this until he has around 6 bars left then I enter final form and wait for him to do his jump move I collect another 9 jumps and reflect the last attack while being in final form your attacks will do extreme damage to him. Doing this I only have to tolerate his DM once. The pain comes if you don't take his last bars quickly which is why I final form that part. And Donald and Goofy are useless they will spend the entire fight dead.

So I'm fighting Roxas. Get him down to like 3 bars and my screen just turns white.. the battle keeps going on but I can't see anything and eventually lose wtf

Carbonox

ONLY LUXORD LEFT

YOU MUUUUG

Fucking hate Luxord.

Then it's on to Terra.

Nope. He's pretty much the same as his regular fight. The only difference is the damage he does (duh) and the amount of time you have to grab his claymores.
'

You were right, I schooled the fool.

I don't think I touched a single Elixir in any of the Data fights I've done so far. Smashed back Ethers like shots though non-stop.

Top Bottom