• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Lightning

Banned
So I'm fighting Roxas. Get him down to like 3 bars and my screen just turns white.. the battle keeps going on but I can't see anything and eventually lose wtf
The game wanted to cheese you for the lols. Roxas is hard.

I don't think I touched a single Elixir in any of the Data fights I've done so far. Smashed back Ethers like shots though non-stop.
What difficulty level you playing on?

Caladrius

Beat No Heart with Ven on the second try. He was about to kill me (as in I accidentally attacked in the middle of one of his combos) when I put in the winning blow.

Done with BBS. Unless I decide later I want to go back for completion. Back to killing the KH2 bosses at level 67.

So I'm fighting Roxas. Get him down to like 3 bars and my screen just turns white.. the battle keeps going on but I can't see anything and eventually lose wtf

Definitely a glitch. Looks like they didn't iron everything out from the JP release.

ONLY LUXORD LEFT

YOU MUUUUG

Fucking hate Luxord.

Then it's on to Terra.

Are you using the pause buffering trick? You can make it easier to hit the O's if you can pause to get your bearings beforehand.

peronmls

I died on the final round of the Hades Paradox cup.

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif
You can do the last 10 rounds again.

Carbonox

The game wanted to cheese you for the lols. Roxas is hard.

What difficulty level you playing on?

Normal unfortunately. I regret not starting on Critical (I'll have to play through the game again on that anyway) cos the Data fights on Normal are a joke. At least I get the Trophy out of the way.

Got any cheese tips for Luxord? Equipment, abilities, etc.

Are you using the pause buffering trick? You can make it easier to hit the O's if you can pause to get your bearings beforehand.

Ah that sounds helpful. I've seen some players recommend hitting the button the moment you see X as well due to the speed of the switches hopefully allowing your reflexes to land on O (referring to the 4th line that is, not the slower ones).

demonkaze

Gonna call it a night on the data battles i think. Had relatively no problems with Roxas, larxene (dm aside) and marluxia (a joke) all in critical but then axel I had at 1 HP left but died due to the floor and demyx's water clones killed me right at the end, too much rage for one night lol.

Lightning

Banned
Normal unfortunately. I regret not starting on Critical (I'll have to play through the game again on that anyway) cos the Data fights on Normal are a joke. At least I get the Trophy out of the way.

Got any cheese tips for Luxord? Equipment, abilities, etc.

Ah that sounds helpful. I've seen some players recommend hitting the button the moment you see X as well due to the speed of the switches hopefully allowing your reflexes to land on O (referring to the 4th line that is, not the slower ones).
If you fail Luxord's DM move don't move and he won't attack you, he'll go straight back into the DM for you to get another chance.

Pausing during the DM card game helps A LOT.

Oh and try these Data's on critical. They are beasts.

Again, besides one incident everything went smooth as fas as the game resetting goes. Got through Olympus coliseum and a little through Disney Castle.

Sucks though because the weather here has been shitty and as soon as I start the battle with Absent Silhouette Zexion the power goes out.

botty

Banned
also can someone tell me how to effectively dodge Xemnas's attack when he tosses you into the air and you have to keep triangle dodging.. since that doesn't work..

Kinsei

Banned
Any reason why Ethers aren't fully restoring my MP?

also can someone tell me how to effectively dodge Xemnas's attack when he tosses you into the air and you have to keep triangle dodging.. since that doesn't work..

Ethers only restore all of your MP if you still have some left.

The reaction command in the Xemnas fight is bugged in the HD collection. Use Riku's limit after he throws you to survive.

botty

Banned
The reaction command in the Xemnas fight is bugged in the HD collection. Use Riku's limit after he throws you to survive.

Yeah I've been trying to do that but I didn't know about the ETHER recharge thing. Thanks... will be back in a few to tell you guys the results :)

Falk

that puzzling face

If you turn off the PS3 he can't hit you

That's pretty much the only way

Zexion defeated. I figured out that I can heal through his initial page turner. I also realized in the second phase whatever that X attack that kept killing was I decided to no do any recovery cause that would break the combo therefore killing me so I waited until I hit the ground to heal or Limit form. Three down and eight more to go

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No KH news at Jump Festa. Probably too soon after 2.5's release (I know it's been two months since Japan but still)

Psxphile

Man, I miss all the good discussions during the day. All work and no play...

Whoa. The font in BbS is huge, especially after playing KH2. It's like my eyes are being assaulted by words.

Sit farther away from the TV. Or adjust screen width and height so it's smaller. Problem solved! Also helps make some of the bad textures and FMVs look good!

Captcha

Beat No Heart with Terra and Aqua today on critical. Took me like 5 tries on Terra and only one on Aqua. Slide sucks/Cartwheel slays. Both of them are done except for final mission bosses, now I need to do Ven. I hate the command board at this point. So tedious even set to fast.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Finally completed the synthesis collections. That took forever. Now I just gotta beat Terra and I'm 100% Jiminy's Journal. (I'm assuming getting Terra's entry will complete Character Links too? Don't know what else it could be. Pretty sure I got all the characters that'd be on that page.)

That just leaves gummi trophies and Critical trophy, which I'll leave for the possible PS4 version.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Lol Terra. I have no idea what I'm doing. He's invincible and hits me with a permanent silence debuff. Obviously some kind of gimmick I haven't figured out.

Captcha

BBS critical mode was a big mistake. I think I need to restart on normal until I'm much better at the game.

No, that is normal. You quickly, QUICKLY become OP once you have enough stuff to start command melding. It breaks the whole game; critical is a damn joke after a bit. The hardest part of the entire game, in my opinion, is the first ~hour of Aqua's scenario.

Edit: sorry, maybe I should offer some advice (I don't know if you've ever played BBS)? Once you get the first command board start playing it. You want to AT LEAST get cure off of the first one before moving on too far. The command board is an excellent way to cap your skills, but be warned, you'll likely get really fucking bored of it especially if you plan to platinum. If you don't care about trophies/don't mind playing through stuff multiple times I wouldn't sweat critical too much; however, you'll reach a point rather quickly where the game is not even very difficult anymore even on critical. Second chance, once more, shotlocks and the way magic works in this game trivialize its harder fights.

Kain

Oh my god, Aqua is total overkill in this game, true keyblade master. I've been destroying all the bosses of the Graveyard and now the final chapter has been a joke.

I'm thinking of trying the optional bosses, something I never do in any game. She is that OP.

HeelPower

Surprising how good KH2 is after all these years.

I am realizing many amazing details in the animations and art direction of this game that I didn't know before.

Coming back a bit older gives me a new perspective.I used to think it was serious ,but the game is frivolously fun ,cute and adorable.

Sora,Donald and Goofy are amazingly fun together.

Do you guys think they'll ever let us play as Donald and Goofy in KH3 ?

Kinsei

Banned
Surprising how good KH2 is after all these years.

I am realizing many amazing details in the animations and art direction of this game that I didn't know before.

Coming back a bit older gives me a new perspective.I used to think it was serious ,but the game is frivolously fun ,cute and adorable.

Sora,Donald and Goofy are amazingly fun together.

Do you guys think they'll ever let us play as Donald and Goofy in KH3 ?

Probably not. I think Days will be the only game that lets you play as them.

HeelPower

Probably not. I think Days will be the only game that lets you play as them.

I'd love to play as Donald especially.

I mean if the animations and voice work will be in the game anyway,might as well let us control these characters.

Just like Mickey in KH2.

The wait for KH3 was long enough so I think we deserve that tbh.Obviously with less depth than Sora ,but playing the side/guest characters is my dream feature for KH3.

Yesterday in a lapse of 2 hours I defeated 7 of the 8 data battles left. The last one is Xemnas!! His first form is easy, but the second one is more complicated. Does anyone have a tactic to beat him? I´m playing on critical.

demonkaze

Larxene, Zexion, Roxas, Lexaeus, Saix, Marluxia all done now so half way. Not too sure who to go for next. On another note, where can I get Manifest Illusions from, is it just Lingering Will?

Kain

Vanitas Lingering Spirit
might give you a run for the money. Others, probably not so much

Yes, he is hard. I think I'm underleveled, he kills me with one hit (well two with Once more and such).

Meeeeh, I think I'll pass xD

Carbonox

I'd be perfectly fine with them dropping Donald and Goofy from the playable team in KH3 (I don't mind them as characters to appear in the story though). With the focus on a load of Keyblade Masters vs Master Xehanort, I'd instead like them to have your party consist of Keyblade Masters of various types. Sora obviously being the main playable character but the others in your team having specific strengths and weaknesses. Could be a bit OP given...well...you know these are Keyblade Masters but they could always tone down the power output in-game for your team mates. The thirst is real after bowling around TWTNW with Riku in KH2.

We'll get Donald and Goofy though if the reveal trailer is any indication. Doesn't hurt to dream.

botty

Banned
The secret episode with Aqua proved that there were still heartless enemies that can challenge Sora and co even at their current OP levels. Especially since Sora was nerfed to hell and back in DDD from his supreme KH2 iteration.

Finalow

Timeless River is such a nice and cool idea (dem steamboat) for a world but holy fuck if they wasted it.

besides the boss battle, which is way too easy even on critical but pretty interesting to play, you just get some stupid "protect the X thing" and then watch cutscenes from random windows.

meh

Kinsei

Banned
I'd be perfectly fine with them dropping Donald and Goofy from the playable team in KH3 (I don't mind them as characters to appear in the story though). With the focus on a load of Keyblade Masters vs Master Xehanort, I'd instead like them to have your party consist of Keyblade Masters of various types. Sora obviously being the main playable character but the others in your team having specific strengths and weaknesses. Could be a bit OP given...well...you know these are Keyblade Masters but they could always tone down the power output in-game for your team mates. The thirst is real after bowling around TWTNW with Riku in KH2.

We'll get Donald and Goofy though if the reveal trailer is any indication. Doesn't hurt to dream.

I`d much rather have multiple stories like in past games. What`s the point of having all of these keyblade weilders if you can`t play as them?

The secret episode with Aqua proved that there were still heartless enemies that can challenge Sora and co even at their current OP levels. Especially since Sora was nerfed to hell and back in DDD from his supreme KH2 iteration.

Isn't Aqua much weaker than Sora canonically? I could have sworn that was the case.

Kain

What I think would be great is three main characters again:

- Sora / Ven with the fighting style of II with the dual keyblade shenanigans

- Riku with a completely new style with some kind of dark energy meter

The rest in spoiler

- All things point to Kairi but I don't like her, just put Aqua in there with BbS command style

Screw Donald and Goofy and throw Lea in there for kicks and sarcasm. Maybe Isa too, I'm ready to forgive that guy.

Then replace Riku with Terra as he regains control of his body and we have BbS Vol 2 which is what KH3 should be.

botty

Banned
Isn't Aqua much weaker than Sora canonically? I could have sworn that was the case.

Canonically Aqua is weaker than Sora, but that's only because Sora is the most powerful character we've seen thus far: Nomura said Xemnas (final form) was the strongest character in KH as of KH2, but in DDD Sora was able to defeat him without assistance, meaning Sora surpassed Xemnas. I could be wrong, but TAV are implied to be better and stronger key blade wielders than Sora prior to the end of KH2.

Top Bottom