• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Afrocious

Kingdom Hearts 2 minigames honestly weren't that bad when I got the plat trophy. The journal requirements on them were doable.

For the Gummi Ship parts, making a donut ship in KH2 pretty much hands you all the trophies. Fortunately, I would get an EX mission S ranked the moment I got to it within playing through the story. By the time I got to TWTNW, I was done with all the gummi ship trophies.

The biggest drag in KH2FM had to be synthesis. I spent a while confused about when I should begin and what I should start out making. I ended up making about eight Lucky Rings, which guarantees drops.

Mafusto

The Unversed missions are actually kinda fun compared to the KH1FM Heartless and Mushroom XIII.

I think the KH1FM heartless are by far the most annoying. Some of them are pretty neat (Neoshadows, the Chimera in Halloween Town), some are kinda frustrating (Pink Agaracius), and I'm convinced Sniper Wilds were designed by sadists.

Pink Agaracius is easy when you have a very big mp bar and are not trying to get the 100 hits. Sniper Wilds are also not that bad with Stopra and some strength equipment on proud. The Black Ballade is the one I hate the most because I cannot seem to get a good angle to keep all the 5 heartless on my screen without zooming out to much. The pauze trick makes it even worse when they randomly accelerate or move across each other.
Got the plat for KH2!
Congrats.

Berordn

I know Nomura said Terra, Ven, Aqua is the right order but for me the right order is Ven, Terra, Aqua.

I generally agree. Ven's story is detached from the other two for the most part and it explains a major plot point that would come out of nowhere in Terra's story.

Knowing everything that's happening in Terra's story kinda kills the impact of Ven's freakouts about him... not that it really matters since I've already played it.

Huh. Sat down and beat Lingering Will in one go on Critical Mode today. I forgot that his AI is very slightly changed on Critical Mode (He uses the keyblade whip counter a lot more often)

Still the best boss in the series by far, though.

Only got Xemnas left for data battles.

Marluxia was easier than the first time lol

Riku is really gonna sit there and eat all those bullets and make me lose omg

Only got Xemnas left for data battles.

Marluxia was easier than the first time lol

Riku is really gonna sit there and eat all those bullets and make me lose omg

Im the same as you. His second form kicks my ass when he throws me into the air and have the reversal command. Any tips?

sappyday

How do I upgrade items in KH2? Like, how do I get Ribbons and Full Bloom+?

Synthesis. You have to upgrade a lower level into the higher level. So basically you need to synthesize Full Bloom + Serenity Crystal (or which ever gives you the higher upgrade) in order to unlock Full Bloom +. Afterwards, you can synthesize Full Bloom + as much as you want.

Im the same as you. His second form kicks my ass when he throws me into the air and have the reversal command. Any tips?

Just keep pressing the reversal command. Sometimes it wont work and if you have little health there is a brief window where you can cure yourself. The fight isn't all that different from the regular fight.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
About to start BBS Proud mode. Let me get my checklist straight.

For all the endings I need.
All of the Xehanort Reports prior to saving clear data with all 3 characters.
All stickers with all 3 characters.

I want to only tackle the optional bosses and Mirage Arena with Aqua since it's a big time sink that I've already done on PSP. The only thing I need from those is one of Terra's reports right?

I hope that in KH3 each Disney world's "story" is contained in one visit (minus the enemies leveling up, secret bosses, etc.). Also Pete is really freaking annoying. I know he's a joke villain but holy shit I hate that dude.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope that in KH3 each Disney world's "story" is contained in one visit (minus the enemies leveling up, secret bosses, etc.). Also Pete is really freaking annoying. I know he's a joke villain but holy shit I hate that dude.

Pete and the Maleficent story just kind of fizzles out halfway/three-quarters of the way through the game.

Felt as though they were making up that particular plot-thread as they went along and had no plan whatsoever for it.

I had Xemnas killed but Riku decided to do nothing vs the 1000 laser attack
kttcolito

Sifl

About to start BBS Proud mode. Let me get my checklist straight.

For all the endings I need.
All of the Xehanort Reports prior to saving clear data with all 3 characters.
All stickers with all 3 characters.

I want to only tackle the optional bosses and Mirage Arena with Aqua since it's a big time sink that I've already done on PSP. The only thing I need from those is one of Terra's reports right?
You can get the reports after you beat the game, but I think there's a bug that can occur that makes it so you have to defeat the final boss for whichever character you missed a report with again for it to register, so you might as well get them beforehand. Also with the stickers, they need to be arranged in the album a certain way for the ending to unlock, easy to find online.

Soriku

I had Xemnas killed but Riku decided to do nothing vs the 1000 laser attack
kttcolito

You're supposed to spam both X and Triangle during that part :p

Also thanks, I found out how to upgrade stuff now. I have a Grand Ribbon + 3 Ribbons. I also have two Full Bloom+. I want to get two more. I'm just using a standard Full Bloom and a Cosmic Arts in the meantime.

Donald and Goofy finally got decked out with new stuff too, lucky them.

SilverArrow20XX

Terra is killing me. He's only hard because of that roulette move. It might as well be instant game over. I got lucky with it once.

Kinsei

Banned
Terra is killing me. He's only hard because of that roulette move. It might as well be instant game over. I got lucky with it once.

Just keep dodging him until the roulette slows down.

To dodge it completely dodge roll as soon as he teleports after transforming his keyblade into the bow.

SilverArrow20XX

I just cheesed Lingering Will. I feel so dirty, like I've committed a terrible crime. Someone call the police.

I gotta beat him legitly now.

Carbonox

So here we are.

* Beat game on Critical
* Do Gummi Trophies

Before that I have one task left to do in order to complete Jiminy's Journal: Do Hades Paradox Cup with the points requirement.

Sigh.

Soriku

*gets Demyx to second to last life bar*

*99 forms up my ass*

*gets Lexaeus to 1 HP*

*he's immune for too long and catches me off guard*

Fuck this game lol.

Just keep dodging him until the roulette slows down.

To dodge it completely dodge roll as soon as he teleports after transforming his keyblade into the bow.

In addition, if you dodge the first arrow, listen for the sound effect that plays when he teleports/fires an arrow. As soon as you hear it, dodge roll.

I just cheesed Lingering Will. I feel so dirty, like I've committed a terrible crime. Someone call the police.

I gotta beat him legitly now.

and don't come back here until you do

Just kidding.

but seriously tho

Carbonox

Anyway to cheese the second from final round of the Hades Paradox Cup. I have the points requirement, I'm at Cerberus now who's a piece of piss but the second from final round has Cloud, Squall, Tifa and Yuffie at once and all I gots for Christmas was this Limit Form.

Edit: Heh, they're pushovers.

desmax

Seeing some people getting the platinum for KH II, might just ask it here

Is there any missable trophies I should be worried about?

Carbonox

Seeing some people getting the platinum for KH II, might just ask it here

Is there any missable trophies I should be worried about?

Only one technically missable AFAIK is being rescued by Mickey (so dying at certain fights - mainly boss ones I believe). I need to do another run on Critical so fortunately I can get that there otherwise I would have been a tad fucked. Unless there is a place even after beating the game where you can nab it...

desmax

Nope. If you're on Critical then you can do everything and there is nothing you can miss.

Oh, great. Started it on Critical, so I might just do everything in one run.

And I already got the "My Hero" (The one where you need to be saved by mickey) trophy, so I don't need to worry

Carbonox

Woot. Coliseum done. Jiminy's Journal completed.

That just leaves completing the game on Critical and doing the Gummi Trophies.

Lightning

Banned
Only one technically missable AFAIK is being rescued by Mickey (so dying at certain fights - mainly boss ones I believe). I need to do another run on Critical so fortunately I can get that there otherwise I would have been a tad fucked. Unless there is a place even after beating the game where you can nab it...
Being rescued by mickey is not miss able. He saves you during the 1st armored Xemnas fight. Just purposely there and he'll save you.

Woot. Coliseum done. Jiminy's Journal completed.

That just leaves completing the game on Critical and doing the Gummi Trophies.
Don't be a coward though and beat the datas and lingering will on critical mode too.

it's alright. both times iv'e played KH2, as in my original time back in the good old days on ps2 and now with KH2FM, i got mickey on Thresholder.
I got my mickey rescue on Cerberus. He hits like a truck.

Top Bottom