• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No thoughts guys :(

Play KH2 first, but make sure it's the Final Mix.
Then watch 358/2 Days, then play Birth by Sleep, then watch Re:coded, then play Dream Drop Distance (if you have a 3DS, or if it ever gets remade for consoles)

Luigi87

No thoughts guys :(

I recommend playing KH2FM first, personally, but it's actually up to you.

The interesting thing is you can do either (technically Days occurs before, during, and after CoM), and whether you watch Days first, or play KH2 first, will ultimately affect how you view certain parts of each story.

Berordn

From what I understand, Critical in Birth by Sleep is different. Where Critical in II was a real challenge, Birth by Sleep made it tedious and long. Bosses take fucking forever to kill. So for this game, Proud is the way to go.

Critical is "unecessary challenge mode" in BBS whereas in KH2 it's a legitimate, interesting mode.

Which would be the best to start out with:Club, sword or staff? Would it be best to get defensive abilities firsy since I'm starting out in Critical Mode?

iosefe

Which would be the best to start out with:Club, sword or staff? Would it be best to get defensive abilities firsy since I'm starting out in Critical Mode?

The Stuggle bats are merely a stat bonus. +1 to Str, Def, or Mag. but Shield in the awakening is recommended for a little easier time, as you get hekpful abilities earlier

Berordn

The weapon you pick up in the sandlot doesn't affect your abilities, that comes later. It just gives you a (very minor) stat boost.

When you get the option later it's generally recommended you grab the shield, since it'll make critical a bit easier.

edit: curses :(

The Stuggle bats are merely a stat bonus. +1 to Str, Def, or Mag. but Shield in the awakening is recommended for a little easier time, as you get hekpful abilities earlier

The weapon you pick up in the sandlot doesn't affect your abilities, that comes later. It just gives you a (very minor) stat boost.

When you get the option later it's generally recommended you grab the shield, since it'll make critical a bit easier.

edit: curses :(
Thanks, peeps. I chose the shield in Kh1 as well in my Proud run.

Finalow

level 29, critical mode, I unlock Cavern of Remembrance and I go in.

after dying 20 times to the first wave of heartless I realize that I didn't have to go there.

Carbonox

If Critical in BBS FM HD is anything like BBS on the PSP, then I guess I'm not getting that plat trophy for it. None of that was fun.

I hope you have magnet or are good with spells.

Yeah Magnet has been helping me against those shitty Dinosaur Heartless. They're the only ones I really struggle with for some reason.

Finalow

I fucking hate that to get the 70% of the puzzle pieces you need high level jump, slide or whatever skills.

-

that scene at Mulan's world where they decide to climb on the pillar like spider-man and then Mulan almost falls because reasons (clearly not spider-man enough), 10/10.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I fucking hate that to get the 70% of the puzzle pieces you need high level jump, slide or whatever skills.

The puzzle pieces were added to FM to encourage world exploration and backtracking.
Like how the Mushroom XIII were added to encourage more use of Wisdom Form

Kinsei

Banned
Quick question regarding the BbS plat. Will I have to get fantastic on every Ice Cream Beat song again with Ven and Aqua, or is just a cool enough?

sn00zer

Critical is much more manageable than I thought it would be...feels slightly harder than OG KH Normal, which isnt bad at all. Only finished Mulan and about to finish my first go at Beast Castle so Im sure there are a ton of roadblocks Ive yet toi run into

iosefe

Critical is much more manageable than I thought it would be...feels slightly harder than OG KH Normal, which isnt bad at all. Only finished Mulan and about to finish my first go at Beast Castle so Im sure there are a ton of roadblocks Ive yet toi run into

if you haven't gotten mickey yet you will get him in Beast Castle. make of that what you will

Vashetti

Banned
I know PSN is down, but why can't you purchase this game digitally?

Common theory is that Utada Hikaru's songs (used in the intros and outros of the games) were never agreed to be used in digital versions of the games.

No KH game has been released digitally.

It'll be interesting as to whether they get Utada back for KH3, as a digital release is mandatory for PS4/XB1 retail games.

Finalow

fuck, Xaldin on critical was hard. literally won with 5 hp left and no way to cure myself.

Mickey got destroyed very very fast but at least that gave me another life.

The puzzle pieces were added to FM to encourage world exploration and backtracking.
Like how the Mushroom XIII were added to encourage more use of Wisdom Form
I understand that but I would have preferred to have more accessible pieces right away. exploration? Sure, but going back again to worlds already finished 2 times and search for almost all of the pieces is just annoying.

Bladenic

Pride Rock just sucks honestly. The only good thing about it is Scar, who's a pretty legit boss fight. The Groundshaker is just annoying but cool concept I guess.

Started Birth by Sleep with Terra (The sensible choice; come at me bros) and man, I forgot how useful D-Links are in the first world. Managed to beat Wheel Master in under a minute using Aqua's fully leveled D-Link on Critical Mode. Not only do you get access to damaging stuff like Mine Square, and the Magic Volley finisher, but you get Cura and Auto-Life.

I'm a pretty big fan of games that let you be as broken as you want early on as long as you're willing to put in a little work (No wonder that FFVIII is my favorite FF game), so Birth by Sleep is definitely a perfect fit for me. The Critical Mode trophy is going to be cake.

Squishy3

Common theory is that Utada Hikaru's songs (used in the intros and outros of the games) were never agreed to be used in digital versions of the games.

No KH game has been released digitally.

It'll be interesting as to whether they get Utada back for KH3, as a digital release is mandatory for PS4/XB1 retail games.
I'd think it's a limit of the license for Simple and Clean and Passion. They'd probably sign a deal including it for the KH3 song. (Assuming we don't get another remix. Oh god what if the song for KH3 is a remix of Passion)

Vashetti

Banned
I'd think it's a limit of the license for Simple and Clean and Passion. They'd probably sign a deal including it for the KH3 song. (Assuming we don't get another remix. Oh god what if the song for KH3 is a remix of Passion)

iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

Lightning

Banned
But can I skip the world like Atlantica to be able to finish the game?
Skipping Atlantica costs you Blizzaga, blizzard boost keyblade and Ultima weapon. For 15 minutes I don't think that's worth skipping. Not to mention you can't fight lingering will if you skip it.

Skipping pride lands costs you an accessory slot among other things. Another thing not very clever to do.

Falk

that puzzling face
that scene at Mulan's world where they decide to climb on the pillar like spider-man and then Mulan almost falls because reasons (clearly not spider-man enough), 10/10.

Stupidest part is right after that the game shows you a puzzle piece in the Emperor's room that's like a mile high and I spent ages as a decade ago trying to figure out how to climb because I thought the cutscene was a hint to some kind of context-sensitive action for the world.

Kain

So yes, I'm a moron xD

I originally had no intention to do any optional stuff, but I ended up finishing COR and the silhouettes anyway. Just today got Ultima keyblade and killed Sephiroth.

It's nice to know for future runs, thou, thanks.

Lightning

Banned
So yes, I'm a moron xD

I originally had no intention to do any optional stuff, but I ended up finishing COR and the silhouettes anyway. Just today got Ultima keyblade and killed Sephiroth.

It's nice to know for future runs, thou, thanks.
Space Paranoids (Last visit, MCP fight) is optional I believe, 100 Acre Wood optional, Pride Lands optional, Antartica optional.

I believe after Halloween Town/Agrabah Twilight Town updates and you can proceed skipping all else and from there finish the game.

Makes me wonder how they'd go about doing current gen ports of 1.5 and 2.5 though, considering the whole mandatory digital release thing.

Yawnier

Banned
Man KH2 is a great game.

Got this collection as a gift for christmas and it is my first time playing KH2 since probably mid-2007 and yeah, it is slowly coming back to me how much I enjoyed this game as the combat slowly opens up. Only in the Hercules world so I'm not far in though.

Kind of thinking I should have played Re: Chain of Memories in the 1.5 ReMIX, ya? I skipped it because I didn't like the card system/combat.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really, really tempted to pick this game up, but I have a feeling a compilation containing 1.5 and 2.5 will be released on PS4 down the line... but then I'm afraid it won't happen and KH2.5 will go out of print by the time I decide to buy it on PS3. Argh, what should I do.

sn00zer

I would love if KH3 was just quick menus, hold L2 for magic menu, R2 for special abilities,...basically FF14 console style where all of the face buttons and directionals become usable

Top Bottom