• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Finalow

can I change the appearance of the gummi ship I use in the world map?

Tap for dodge roll and hold for quick run.
I see.

It's not, but aside from maybe Disney Town there was nothing on the level of "man maybe you hate me because of DESTINY"

KH1's cutscenes/dialogue were more awkward than cheesy, IMO. I know it's from the PS2's early days but stuff like the random pauses between character banter and the pixel face headshots are hard to watch.
Seifer probably has the most stupid dialogues of the game but it's a legit competition with some BBS or KH ones.

Finalow

He probably meant the trophies

"HEY YOU FARMED 1350 OF THIS MOVE? LOL DO IT AGAIN IN THIS COPY&PASTE SEQUEL THAT'S SO COPY&PASTE EVEN HALF THE TROPHIES ARE COPY&PASTE"
oh, my bad. it's 5 am m8

in that case, yes, fuck those trophies. I think they topped the usual level of stupidity and boringness of Tales of trophies with that game.

Tirod

I debated with myself for awhile if I wanted to wait to beat the story until after I did all the side content, but I was too hyped to fight the final boss after I crafted Ultima Weapon. Those sequence of fights weren't difficult at all on Critical, outside of the unfortunate glitch during the final encounter when I have to drain my MP to use Session. /:

I have one question regarding some dialogue that occurred during the final gauntlet of fights:
Sora mentions to Riku how disappointed he was that he didn't thank Namine when he saw her open the portal to the Darkness. Riku reassures he can thank her on his time after the fight with Xemnas is over. That wasn't in vanilla KHII right? CoM was my favorite of the previous 2 games at the time and I remember being LIVID at Sora for not thanking Namine. Especially after he promised her he would at the end of the events in CoM:(

Was I crazy not recalling that exchange when I was younger or did they add that in Final Mix?

Looking forward to doing all the data fights after the credits are rolling (watching them as I type this). I went and did all the AS fights and unlocked the room with all the data fights before knocking on the last boss's door.

I have one question regarding some dialogue that occurred during the final gauntlet of fights:
Sora mentions to Riku how disappointed he was that he didn't thank Namine when he saw her open the portal to the Darkness. Riku reassures he can thank her on his time after the fight with Xemnas is over. That wasn't in vanilla KHII right? CoM was my favorite of the previous 2 games at the time and I remember being LIVID at Sora for not thanking Namine. Especially after he promised her he would at the end of the events in CoM:(

Was I crazy not recalling that exchange when I was younger or did they add that in Final Mix?

You're not crazy, that scene was added for Final Mix.

Tirod

You're not crazy, that scene was added for Final Mix.

Based Nomura. ;-;

After playing the main scenario on Critical, seeing all the side content I still have left to do, and all the little extra narrative bits to fill in pieces of the story and
tie in with Birth by Sleep
, I can easily say KH2 jumped from being near the bottom of my KH tier list to being number 2, right behind Birth by Sleep.

Amazing how Final Mix really made this game so much better.

It's time consuming but not hard. You can take the datas etc on Normal and only finish the game on critical and you're rewarded with a platinum. The donut gummi makes the gummi missions fairly easy, completing the journal is hella time consuming but not difficult.

The data battles are not hard on standard difficult. That's not being badass, that's being honest.

KH1FM platinum is HARD, I can't do it. This one isn't that hard.
Fine with me. I'm glad they improved trophies for gummi ship missions because that royally pissed me off in KH1. The missions were absolutely ridiculous. It took me three days for that trophy alone. But I still got the plat. So KHII having easier gummi ship missions is music to my ears.

sn00zer

Holy shit you guys were not kidding Critical in KH2 is great. I LOVE glass cannon design (really overpowered character with very little HP)..... game is actually fun now

EDIT: And after KH1.5 KH2 FINALLY makes sense...enjoying myself far more than I did 7 years ago
DBL EDIT: That opening is far far better when you actually know whats going on

sn00zer

fuuuuuuuuckkk

KH2 FM sounds so good. I need to get it asap!

Its good...its real good....the game is clearly designed around giving the player a ton of abilities, but having the enemies hit hard. Im starting to belive something very simila to critical mode was originally planned for KH2 until they nerfed the difficulty

Does Sora ever get a dodge roll or something similar? The game isn't difficult or anything, it's just annoying being constantly hit by stuff that I seemingly can't avoid.

I just went through the
Roxas
boss fight and that might be one of the best moments of the whole series for me, the music, the battle, and the cutscene afterwards(
Roxas and Axel
talking, something I don't recall and assume was also added) were all amazing.

I used to say that BBS was the best game of the series, but I changed my mind, KH2FM is so fucking good, Critical Mode being an important part of why it's so great.

Does Sora ever get a dodge roll or something similar? The game isn't difficult or anything, it's just annoying being constantly hit by stuff that I seemingly can't avoid.

Yeah, you have to level the Limit form to get the roll.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
I just went through the
Roxas
boss fight and that might be one of the best moments of the whole series for me, the music, the battle, and the cutscene afterwards(
Roxas and Axel
talking, something I don't recall and assume was also added) were all amazing.

I used to say that BBS was the best game of the series, but I changed my mind, KH2FM is so fucking good, Critical Mode being an important part of why it's so great.

Wholeheartedly second this - finally clocked this fight on the head last night, and god damn wow. Got me right in the feels - even after all these years, the game still brings me to my knees. Amazing scene, and even more of a gut punch after 358/2. Incredible. The Kingdom Hearts series - impossible highs, disgusting lows.

sn00zer

Is there anyway to avoid the samurai husks? I think there is some lag n my TV and its just impossible to hit the "The End" right....and yes all the post processing is turned off on my tv...its just a shitty tv

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Is there anyway to avoid the samurai husks? I think there is some lag n my TV and its just impossible to hit the "The End" right....and yes all the post processing is turned off on my tv...its just a shitty tv

Just don't initiate the reaction command.

Vashetti

Banned

Just smash the crap out of them, don't bother with the reaction command.

I never bother with the command. If I recall, it does do a lot of damage, though.

Tsunamo

Hooray! My copy arrived before the new year!
Aqua's damage is so bad. I'm clearly doing something wrong here... Perhaps I should have used someone else first.
I generally find you have to level her up a littlebit early-game to get her on-par with enemys, it feels like the game kind of screwed up with that in her scenerio (although this happens with Terra too but to a lesser extent)

Also magic is Aquas forte so it's probably best to focus on building up her command deck as early as possible.

Kain

Aqua's damage is so bad. I'm clearly doing something wrong here... Perhaps I should have used someone else first.

Castle of dreams?

That's perfectly normal, Aqua's first hours are bullshit, I died a LOT in that world. You can do the command board thing to get cure early, but you only have three slots available and will do zero damage either way.

The boss is easy, though, it's the encounters that will destroy you.

Don't worry, I guarantee you it gets exponentially better, and by the time you reach Radiant Garden you won't want to play with the other two suckers ever again.

She gets strong fast but damn, that first world...

PS: And focus in magic! Don't bother with physical commands, just put magic in there. I always found Zero Graviga / Magnega + Aeroga hilarious. Until you get the big boys, of course, Megaflare is so OP for normal encounters is not even funny.

Captcha

Hand is cramping from having to spam dodge for 10min fighting Mysterious Figure. Need to beat it on Terra and Aqua and finally will have the platinum.

To the person who asked, the platinum is EXTREMELY tedious because you have to fill out the journal completely on everyone.

Finalow

is there a good spot to farm levels for limit forms? I know that you can exit to the world map to get back all the drive bars.
still if loading times weren't so slow "..."

How's getting plat in BBS?
it's much worse than KH2.

btw, I really liked Tron's world but fuck that bike/light cycle mini-game on critical and fuck this game for not giving you the option to retry.

KTO

Just finished the final boss on critical and wow that fight is so bad. Half the time the wrong reaction command would come up and I would die before ever touching the ground. The first boss in The World that Never Was was so much better, just as challenging but never felt cheap or unfair.

Afrocious

Figured I'd start up BBS last night.

Is it just me, or does the game look like ass? It's already hilarious how much real estate the menus and popups take up since the game was originally on the PSP, but god.

Also, the extreme close up camera does no favors.

I didn't even make it past the intro before you pick which character to play as.

Afrocious

Someone school me on how to beat BBS on critical, and melding commands.

Also school me on how to get used to teh close up camera :I

Wasp

I chickened out and started KH2 on Standard Mode. I would've attempted it on Proud but I don't want to get frustrated on a boss fight. I hate it when games don't let you bump the difficulty down after starting the game, a major oversight.

Not allowing the player to access the menu to invert the camera controls until 30 minutes into the game is an oversight too.

Vashetti

Banned
I chickened out and started KH2 on Standard Mode. I would've attempted it on Proud but I don't want to get frustrated on a boss fight. I hate it when games don't let you bump the difficulty down after starting the game, a major oversight.

Not allowing the player to access the menu to invert the camera controls until 30 minutes into the game is an oversight too.

KH Proud is Normal.

Standard is Easy.

Beginner is Babby's First Game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
From what I understand, Critical in Birth by Sleep is different. Where Critical in II was a real challenge, Birth by Sleep made it tedious and long. Bosses take fucking forever to kill. So for this game, Proud is the way to go.

Quick question, Im playing through COM now and I was wondering, when I beat it, should I watch 385/2 first, or play KH2 then watch it? I've never played any of these games before (though a few plot points have been spoiled for me). Most people seem to recommend playing the games in release order for a first timer, but to my knowledge 385/2 takes place before 2? So what should I do?

No thoughts guys :(

Top Bottom