• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Captcha

That's pretty much the entire point. It's supposed to be a hook to get you interested in his story once you finish Terra's.

That being said, said scene is far more badass when watched from Ven's POV.

Debatable as is the game play stuff; however, the Disney story line stuff is not debatable. The start of each of them occurs during Ven's scenario. It stands to reason that Ven would be a good place to start in that case.

That being said, it of course doesn't really matter. I did (am currently doing) Ven last because I enjoy playing as him the most.

Carbonox

At Beast's Castle on Critical Mode. Way more challenging than shitty Normal and as such, much more enjoyable.

Only have to finish off this mode and I'll have the Platinum. Woot.

Peff

Debatable as is the game play stuff; however, the Disney story line stuff is not debatable.

It is, though? Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Stitch's worlds all start with Terra, and Neverland's events take place concurrently for both Terra and Ventus. That only leaves Cinderella and the Colosseum, the latter of which is basically standalone for all three characters.

TEJ

finally started a playthrough last night.
forgot how long the roxas part is

It ain't no bayonetta in terms of combat but the gameplay is fun, it's visually charming and I really dig the soundtrack.

Fj0823

I pause the game for 3 seconds, that removes the animation and prevents enemies attacking you during it. There is no way to cancel out the loading though.

Thats sad. loved how fast and powerful it looked in the middle of a combo to just drive into OP power.

Square please patch

Can someone explain stitch to me? I read he's like a OP summon, but I swear he just walks about the screen doing nothing.

What am i doing wrong?

Captcha

It is, though? Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Stitch's worlds all start with Terra, and Neverland's events take place concurrently for both Terra and Ventus. That only leaves Cinderella and the Colosseum, the latter of which is basically standalone for all three characters.

Actually, you're right they do kind of intertwine quite a bit and trade off who starts between them. It is pretty much Aqua that is definitely the end point for most of them.

It's not really important though, play whomever you feel like.

Loke13

I think Maleficent is also quite powerful.

She seemed really confident taking on the organisation which can only mean that she's powerful enough to at least match them on a 1 to 1 basis.

In addition ,her ability to manipulate armies of heartless and people is significant.

/QUOTE]Or she's just massively delusional KH1Sora beat her even while she was using TRUE DARKNESS!!!!! So I can imagine the Organization moping the floor with her.

She seemed really confident taking on the organisation which can only mean that she's powerful enough to at least match them on a 1 to 1 basis.

In addition ,her ability to manipulate armies of heartless and people is significant.
Or she's just massively delusional KH1Sora beat her even while she was using TRUE DARKNESS!!!!! So I can imagine the Organization moping the floor with her.

Little bit of both. On the one hand, she is really strong and has a strong mastery of darkness. On the other hand, her only consistent allies are Pete and Oogie Boogie, both of which are bumbling morons.

Then you have the fact that she is pretty ignorant of the Organization's powers. Like, she doesn't seem to acknowledge it and is very full of herself. She could, however, most likely hold her own against them to a degree.

Doesn't help that re:coded devolves her and Pete to Team Rocket status. I think 3D does, too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, Dream Drop Distance made a HUGE mistake limiting stat abilities to Dream Eaters only, and not allowing you to keep them a/la Birth by Sleep.

MAtgS

/QUOTE]Or she's just massively delusional KH1Sora beat her even while she was using TRUE DARKNESS!!!!! So I can imagine the Organization moping the floor with her.
Plus Beast, plus Donald and Goofy, arguably summons too. Maleficent may not have had full control of her dragon form due to it being a forced transformation.

Heartfyre

Spent nearly four hours of perfectly-good Christmas Day-evening slogging through that awful, awful opening segment. Seeing the logo appear at the end of that slog was just as offensive to me this time as it was eight years ago. Now I remember why I didn't replay KH2.

Took advice from this thread and have been playing it on Critical. Even before playing as Sora, I died four times. Having a blast with that challenge, but then I had to investigate some Seven Mysteries nonsense? What were they thinking? The sooner I unlock Drive Forms, the sooner I can forget that I put myself through that opening again.

You know, Dream Drop Distance made a HUGE mistake limiting stat abilities to Dream Eaters only, and not allowing you to keep them a/la Birth by Sleep.
DDD made a lot of huge mistakes but yeah that's absolutely one of them.

Even when you're done grinding for Command Deck shit, you've got to consider Dream Eaters based on how effective they are in battle, which limit abilities they've got, AND which passive abilities they give Sora. And you can't actually compare all of that information on a single screen. Bad, bad design.

Only thing it does better than BBS is the movement/blocking/etc abilities - DDD's stuff like Riku's dark dash goes further than BBS in adding personality to the characters (though BBS does a better job of it from the command deck point of view).

Carbonox

Can someone help me with a trophy guide for the gummy ships? I'm kinda lost with the description for ace pilot and the ex missions.

So you have 3 missions and 3 EX missions per route. To get all the trophies you need to do the following:

S rank one mission
S rank one mission on all 9 routes
S rank one EX mission on all 9 routes
Get all Blueprints (you get these basically by fulfilling the above 3 trophies, beating mission 2 on all routes and completing - and killing the boss in - Mission 3 of the Dreadnought route)

Takes a couple of hours tops. With a donut ship you can just hold down X and read a book. Seriously. Extremely easy to do everything with that ship. With the EX missions you have specific requirements that need to be met so just adding the required Gummis to your ship will suffice (often times at the cost of existing blocks but it's just for one mission so save these EX-specific ones in new slots).

Lightning

Banned
Square really fucked up the trophies in KH2FM. They should have made the datas and lingering will trophies critical mode required. They've lessened the value of the platinum trophy as they are no where near the same battles in standard difficulty and I've seen videos of them in Proud Mode and LAME.

Platinum for this game doesn't mean much because it's too easy to get.

Square really fucked up the trophies in KH2FM. They should have made the datas and lingering will trophies critical mode required. They've lessened the value of the platinum trophy as they are no where near the same battles in standard difficulty and I've seen videos of them in Proud Mode and LAME.

I'm trying to do everything in Critical, I suck at this game so I'm sure it will be hell... and I'm going to love it. I just reached the Roxas battle, the game is easy so far but I assume the post game is when it gets insane.

So you have 3 missions and 3 EX missions per route. To get all the trophies you need to do the following:

S rank one mission
S rank one mission on all 9 routes
S rank one EX mission on all 9 routes
Get all Blueprints (you get these basically by fulfilling the above 3 trophies, beating mission 2 on all routes and completing - and killing the boss in - Mission 3 of the Dreadnought route)

Takes a couple of hours tops. With a donut ship you can just hold down X and read a book. Seriously. Extremely easy to do everything with that ship. With the EX missions you have specific requirements that need to be met so just adding the required Gummis to your ship will suffice (often times at the cost of existing blocks but it's just for one mission so save these EX-specific ones in new slots).

Thanks!! Whats is this about a donnut gummy? Could you explain it? And if it could be possible, how to make it?

Lightning

Banned
I'm trying to do everything in Critical, I suck at this game so I'm sure it will be hell... and I'm going to love it. I just reached the Roxas battle, the game is easy so far but I assume the post game is when it gets insane.
The main game isn't bad, the finishing plus etc abilities ease that difficulty. The main difference is damage taken, on normal mode you can take the hits and make mistakes and be perfectly fine. On critical mode you can't take the hits, they kill you as you take way too much damage combined with having half health.

Post game is the challenge on critical. Roxas is hard, for me he was the hardest fight of the game in data battles. Fuck him.

If you screw up Vexen is also hard. Anti Sora clone he makes is a pain in the ass.

Carbonox

Thanks!! Whats is this about a donnut gummy? Could you explain it? And if it could be possible, how to make it?

Sure, I followed this basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umXjWZQmuUw

Like me though you'll find that first you won't have all the materials required so you're gonna need to go through some routes a few times to build up a decent amount to begin a basic format.

Really though you just need to make your ship look like a donut like in the video, fill the squares with weapons from the Fire/Blizzard/Gravity class (the end result would be two Blizzaga G and two Graviga G blocks to fill in the four squares when you have those materials but just use what you got early on), use Neo G rods as and when you get them (otherwise use regular blocks for now) and when you can, deck out two teeny ships too. End result for the teeny ships should be one Blizzaga G and one Firaga G on each teeny ship only.

I was really confused as well at first and ended up branching off from the path in the video and winging it as and when I had the right materials. Just make sure you make it donut shape for starters, everything else will slot in as and when you play through the routes for materials more.

Sure, I followed this basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umXjWZQmuUw

Like me though you'll find that first you won't have all the materials required so you're gonna need to go through some routes a few times to build up a decent amount to begin a basic format.

Really though you just need to make your ship look like a donut like in the video, fill the squares with weapons from the Fire/Blizzard/Gravity class (the end result would be two Blizzaga G and two Graviga G blocks to fill in the four squares when you have those materials but just use what you got early on), use Neo G rods as and when you get them (otherwise use regular blocks for now) and when you can, deck out two teeny ships too. End result for the teeny ships should be one Blizzaga G and one Firaga G on each teeny ship only.

I was really confused as well at first and ended up branching off from the path in the video and winging it as and when I had the right materials. Just make sure you make it donut shape for starters, everything else will slot in as and when you play through the routes for materials more.

Thanks!!! Right now Im gathering materials for that. Hope it´s not to boring or difficult.

Just a little more to platinum :)

Kinsei

Banned
They really messed up the placement of the fission firaga chest in Terra's Dwarf Woodlands, didn't they? Having that as early as your second Disney world makes you damn near unstoppable on every difficulty.

I never felt KH2 was very good and the five hours I've spent with the HD remaster haven't changed my mind. I can't believe how dreadfully boring Roxas's intro segment is; the character isn't remotely interesting until maybe the fifth day and the dialogue between him and Seifer on the hill is still one of the worst I've ever heard in any game (granted, they upped the ante in dumb/pointless cutscenes and dialogue for this one but that scene really stands out).

Mixed on the remastered music so far. I always felt that outside of the boss themes and most of whatever's associated with Roxas's prologue, KH2 had the weakest soundtrack of the series. Most of that still sounds great (except for Scherzo di Notte, which sounds really...off), while I remain indifferent to the rest. The real test will come with the world/battle themes, I suppose.

I'm still kinda interested in the extra content so I'll continue chugging along, but I'd rather be playing BBS. Can't wait to dive into that again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They really messed up the placement of the fission firaga chest in Terra's Dwarf Woodlands, didn't they? Having that as early as your second Disney world makes you damn near unstoppable on every difficulty.

And to make it even more broken, craft a Crawling Fire with Firaga + Slow, then combine that with Fission Firaga. Mega Flare kill all.

I never felt KH2 was very good and the five hours I've spent with the HD remaster haven't changed my mind. I can't believe how dreadfully boring Roxas's intro segment is; the character isn't remotely interesting until maybe the fifth day and the dialogue between him and Seifer on the hill is still one of the worst I've ever heard in any game (granted, they upped the ante in dumb/pointless cutscenes and dialogue for this one but that scene really stands out).

Mixed on the remastered music so far. I always felt that outside of the boss themes and most of whatever's associated with Roxas's prologue, KH2 had the weakest soundtrack of the series. Most of that still sounds great (except for Scherzo di Notte, which sounds really...off), while I remain indifferent to the rest. The real test will come with the world/battle themes, I suppose.

I'm still kinda interested in the extra content so I'll continue chugging along, but I'd rather be playing BBS. Can't wait to dive into that again.
To be fair BBS dialogue is hardly great either. I think KH1 is the only one who got it right and where the cheesy dialogue was used more sparingly and made it feel more Disney rather than your typical Anime.

Bladenic

LOL I'm dying

Lightning

Banned
everybody check out this badass
It's time consuming but not hard. You can take the datas etc on Normal and only finish the game on critical and you're rewarded with a platinum. The donut gummi makes the gummi missions fairly easy, completing the journal is hella time consuming but not difficult.

The data battles are not hard on standard difficult. That's not being badass, that's being honest.

KH1FM platinum is HARD, I can't do it. This one isn't that hard.

To be fair BBS dialogue is hardly great either. I think KH1 is the only one who got it right and where the cheesy dialogue was used more sparingly and made it feel more Disney rather than your typical Anime.

It's not, but aside from maybe Disney Town there was nothing on the level of "man maybe you hate me because of DESTINY"

KH1's cutscenes/dialogue were more awkward than cheesy, IMO. I know it's from the PS2's early days but stuff like the random pauses between character banter and the pixel face headshots are hard to watch.

Its soundtrack is so Disney though. Did they remaster all of BBS's as well?

Kinsei

Banned
It's time consuming but not hard. You can take the datas etc on Normal and only finish the game on critical and you're rewarded with a platinum. The donut gummi makes the gummi missions fairly easy, completing the journal is hella time consuming but not difficult.

The data battles are not hard on standard difficult. That's not being badass, that's being honest.

KH1FM platinum is HARD, I can't do it. This one isn't that hard.

Huh, the KH1FM plat is the same as this one. You can do everything on beginner and then you just just have to beat the game on standard and proud for those two trophies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering Re:CoM's plat is on a tier of lolworthiness on its own (and BBS is close), neither of which are particularly difficult either, I'm not too sure why you're picking on KH2.

Lightning

Banned
Considering Re:CoM's plat is on a tier of lolworthiness on its own (and BBS is close), neither of which are particularly difficult either, I'm not too sure why you're picking on KH2.
I don't understand the card system in CoM so haven't gone into it's platinum. As for BBS I'm getting my ass kicked on critical as Aqua and struggling to finish the game so haven't gone into Plat on this game either.

My post was more disappointment that you can get trophies for completing bosses on easy difficulty. I know I can finish BBS easily if I play an easy difficulty but no sense of accomplishment in that so I don't do it. It just feels of lesser value if it's achieved that way but that's just me.

That's not trying to be badass, just a sense of self accomplishment.

I'm playing on Ceitical and I'm having trouble first visit at Hollow Bastion where you Ortega the gate. I keep dying or the gate runs out of health. Is this normal? Should I find this part difficult?

Lightning

Banned
I'm playing on Ceitical and I'm having trouble first visit at Hollow Bastion where you Ortega the gate. I keep dying or the gate runs out of health. Is this normal? Should I find this part difficult?
For that part I usually stand by the gate and cast blizzard at foes from afar and attack the enemies near the gate. Don't go chasing the enemies and stay by the gate. At around level 8-9 you are strong enough to get past this comfortably.

Finalow

truth fact, Re:CoM sucks balls. :p

If it's anything like Xillia 2, fuck that.
it's not. I mean, if you know how the series ''works'' it's a different game with every new entry.
Xillia 2 was indeed flawed but still had some very strong points. you could argue that it has the best writing and characters of the whole series thus far.

Got through the "battle of hollow bastion" and now I'm off to do the 2nd visit to each world thing. I still haven't managed to beat a single absent silhouette yet.

I definitely have to say that critical makes you play smarter.

Also, I haven't fully explored it yet, but the music in the cave of remembrance is awesome.

sn00zer

Got about an hour into BbS.....jeezus christ that is the worst fucking tutorial Ive ever played.... KH2 was too slow I guess so they just throw the whole fucking kitchen sink at you in streams of paragraphs in BbS

Falk

that puzzling face
truth fact, Re:CoM sucks balls. :p

it's not. I mean, if you know how the series ''works'' it's a different game with every new entry.
Xillia 2 was indeed flawed but still had some very strong points. you could argue that it has the best writing and characters of the whole series thus far.

He probably meant the trophies

"HEY YOU FARMED 1350 OF THIS MOVE? LOL DO IT AGAIN IN THIS COPY&PASTE SEQUEL THAT'S SO COPY&PASTE EVEN HALF THE TROPHIES ARE COPY&PASTE"

Carbonox

I found KH1HD not that difficult to Platinum barring the Gummi ship bollocks. KH2HD is far more tedious I find but easier due to the shit at your disposal.

Currently at Disney Castle on Critical. The only part I've found annoying and challenging so far is where you have to escape Hades. The pricks he throws at you towards the last phase was proper annoying until I spammed Auron's Limit to take advantage of the invincibility frames. Surprised how easily I was able to dispatch Cerberus and the Hydra on this difficulty though. They are generally easy enemies when you take their moveset in to account anyway but Critical would usually find a way to spark you the fuck out. Glad that weren't the case for those.

Top Bottom