• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

You're fine.

When I got to Agrabah, I was able to level up my drive forms to whatever the current max was.
Nice. I'm trying to get growth abilities as soon as possible.

One more question: Does reaching level 99 help with your ability to tank hits on critical? Proud mode in Kh1 was easy because I tanked a lot of hits, even from Sephiroth.

sappyday

One more question: Does reaching level 99 help with your ability to tank hits on critical? Proud mode in Kh1 was easy because I tanked a lot of hits, even from Sephiroth.

It helps but you can still die easily if not careful.

Afrocious

This. Being lv 99 helps with getting your defense stat up, but that's about it.

You can tank SOME hits from some enemies, but nobodies, hard hitting heartless, and every optional boss will wreck you in a one or a few hits.

Lightning

Banned
Around what level should I have high jump? I'm level 16 with Valor form lvl 2. That's good progress right? And am I underleveled right now? I'm playing on critical and besides the occasional stupid 1 hit deaths I seem to be doing okay. Right now I just landed in the Disney Castle.
What you want to do is Synth some accessories. Firaga and Midnight bangles should do the trick, that will give you around 19 defence and once you have that you shouldn't get 1 shotted anymore.

Your progress is perfect but get Valor form to level 3 asap as the high jump ability is very useful.

You cannot tank hits in critical that I've experienced but raising your defence with boosts in critical is actually very easy and while you can't tank hits it definitely helps. Getting caught in combos and DM attacks will destroy you though no matter what your defence is.

Captcha

Got the BBS platinum, yay. Took me quite a while.
7729dfb51f2a1b9994669173c9cde148.jpg

Weiss

Banned
Of all the villains, can I say I just love Braig/Xigbar? All the other villains are loud jerks who ramble on about darkness this and light that, and Xigbar is just some greedy jerkface who likes laughing in peoples' faces and has simple, clearly defined motives. That, and he's funny as hell.

Caladrius

Of all the villains, can I say I just love Braig/Xigbar? All the other villains are loud jerks who ramble on about darkness this and light that, and Xigbar is just some greedy jerkface who likes laughing in peoples' faces and has simple, clearly defined motives. That, and he's funny as hell.

I disagree as far as Lexaeus, Zexion and Marluxia are concerned. The former two are only pretending to be assholes in order to do their job. They seem like rational and well-adjusted people who just have to do some nasty work to stay Xemnas's hand.
While there is the whole issue of the apprentices thing, I think it's likely that Xehanort coerced/deceived them into pushing forward into their experiments and betraying Ansem
. Marluxia also has a fairly sympathetic goal, problem is he's so fixated on it he throws away any pretense of decency to accomplish his ends.

That said Xigbar is one of the most legitimately entertaining antagonists for the reasons you listed. I wish more of the KH cast could be as not-serious about things as he is.

Lightning

Banned
Data Demyx is annoying

I keep losing to his bubbles because the time runs out
Save your wisdom form and ethers for that section of the fight and when you get him to the last bar sending him into that phase try and get him next to one of the walls so the clones only appear in front of you. Fire boost, Wisdom form and decent magic Stat and he'll go down in time.

Kain

Man fuck Ven's final boss. It's not challenging at all it's just cheap as fuck.

Shotlock, Sonic Rave, Salvation, Shotlock, Shotlock: boom, dead.

I agree, Xigbar and Marluxia are awesome, Larxene too because she is psycho and I like my psycho women.

Xigbar is specially cool when he says to Sora "You are not half the heroe the others were". That's the best foreshadowing the writers have done in this series. And he was right, of course.

Luigi87

What is the point in the little mermaid segment?
I mean, what was the thought process on that one?

Something our meagre brains could never understand...

... I really, really hate the last song in it.
Not because of the mechanics (I hate all the songs for that), but the last song I hate specifically because it is an attention grabbing, ego boost for Ariel that's all about congratulating her. For reasons, that really pisses me off, lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Sir, people didn't like the controls in Atlanatica"
"We'll have to improve them then"
"Uhh, sir? Disney wants musical numbers."
"... Okay."
"They want five songs, but will only provide two from the movie"
"OH COME ON!"

That's my guess... putting musical numbers in the game seems like something Disney would force rather than a creative choice.
There's still a very good chance the Frozen world in III will be musical numbers. Ready to hear Haley Joel Osmont sing "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?"

Lightning

Banned
Considering Antarctica takes barely 20 minutes to complete I don't see the issue with it. I didn't mind a break from the never ending battles personally.

They were also kind enough not to make it frustratingly difficult. Can you imagine getting to the end of one of those songs only to fail and have to listen to it again? That'll piss people off.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Now I'm reminded of how much I hate the Ice Cream Beat game in Birth by Sleep. Though a lot of it is my own fault as I lack rhythm... but still.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, in any other RPG rhythm games would have ben far more out of place, but an action game requires you to have basic hand-eye coordination skills down.

Captcha

is birth by sleep master easier or harder than KH2 master?

Haven't done KH2 yet, but I didn't find anything in the main game that difficult including all of the Mirage Arena. The only truly rough patches are Vanitas' lingering will and Mysterious Figure with Terra. Vanitas, however, can be cheesed if you're desperate, but he isn't that hard using the mine square strategy.

At the risk of someone coming in here saying how they won at level 1 using no abilities etc. etc., I want to say Mysterious Figure with Terra requires a bit of luck. You have to be on the offensive constantly and hope he doesn't do some lame shit when he goes invisible. Aqua and Ven can literally dodge all day every day. I went 1/4 and 1/1 on Ven and Aqua respectively.

Vashetti

Banned
Maxing out all my Drive Forms :)

Soon as I got back from my parents and work this morning, turned the PS3 on.

Loving this remaster.

iosefe

『Inaba Resident』;144951679 said:
Its upsetting that you can properly use the DS4 for BBS but not KH2 :(
I feel its a game design issue. BBS was made for a nub who h matches the ds4's smaller sticks

It feels so damn good though

This. Being lv 99 helps with getting your defense stat up, but that's about it.

You can tank SOME hits from some enemies, but nobodies, hard hitting heartless, and every optional boss will wreck you in a one or a few hits.

What you want to do is Synth some accessories. Firaga and Midnight bangles should do the trick, that will give you around 19 defence and once you have that you shouldn't get 1 shotted anymore.

Your progress is perfect but get Valor form to level 3 asap as the high jump ability is very useful.

You cannot tank hits in critical that I've experienced but raising your defence with boosts in critical is actually very easy and while you can't tank hits it definitely helps. Getting caught in combos and DM attacks will destroy you though no matter what your defence is.
Thanks for the tips. I feel handicapped without some sort evasion maneuver. So I get hit sometimes because my reflexes is to press sqaure to dodge roll but it's not there ;_; soon.

botty

Banned
Haven't done KH2 yet, but I didn't find anything in the main game that difficult including all of the Mirage Arena. The only truly rough patches are Vanitas' lingering will and Mysterious Figure with Terra. Vanitas, however, can be cheesed if you're desperate, but he isn't that hard using the mine square strategy.

At the risk of someone coming in here saying how they won at level 1 using no abilities etc. etc., I want to say Mysterious Figure with Terra requires a bit of luck. You have to be on the offensive constantly and hope he doesn't do some lame shit when he goes invisible. Aqua and Ven can literally dodge all day every day. I went 1/4 and 1/1 on Ven and Aqua respectively.

Do you need to beat MF, VLW, MA, and NH with every character? :/

Finalow

『Inaba Resident』;144951679 said:
Its upsetting that you can properly use the DS4 for BBS but not KH2 :(
I didn't even know this, fuck. it sure is awful to go back to DS3 after using the DS4. if I knew it I could at least have played BBS with it. ;_;7

Finalow

Do you need to beat MF, VLW, MA, and NH with every character? :/
you have to do EVERYTHING with each character.

I think it's way more tedious than KH2 platinum.

Terra sucks so yeah, Vanitas with no trick is pretty fucking hard with him. as far as I know you can't even guard against those status effects.

the arena optional boss fights aren't even close to being as hard as those 2.

Unless they fixed it for the HD version, there's actually a neat exploit against Vanitas' Lingering Will that works especially well for Terra. Fill your command deck with nothing but Strike /Freeze Raids and position yourself behind one of the rock formations. Basically, you want to have Vanitas running towards you and the rock separating you from him. From there, you can nail him with Strike & Freeze Raids, which not only do a bit of tangible damage, but actually stun him, so you can stay behind the rock and repeatedly nail him with strike raids until he dies. (Raid Commands actually go through the rocks; Curiously enough, this was only allowed starting with the US/PAL release of the PSP version. In the original JP release, Strike Raid stopped as soon as it hit any physical object.)

I think Vanitas' Lingering Will is actually a pretty neat concept for an optional boss in an action RPG. Low health, hits like a truck, but has several glaring weaknesses, like the Stun status effect, and any Aero/Wind based attacks.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you sure? If I recall in both versions you could hit targets that you lock on to but no lock means raids intersect with terrain and cancel.

Are you sure? If I recall in both versions you could hit targets that you lock on to but no lock means raids intersect with terrain and cancel.

Yeah, I distinctly remember raids getting canceled out in the JP PSP release whether you were locked on or not.

Vashetti

Banned
"AP Boost will have no effect if used."

I'm assuming I've maxed out the amount I can use and I can safely chuck these on Dolan and Goofy now?

I keep getting one-shotted by the Large body heartless. He hits me when he is charging while my back is turned towards it. Am I stupid or is there not a way to switch between targets when I'm locked on?

Top Bottom