• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The credits for 2.5 Remix (that is, the overall collection) show scenes from Dream Drop Distance, hinting at an HD Final Mix version of the game.
But as of now, the only version is the 3DS release.

Weiss

Banned
KH3D wasn't that bad. Flowmotion was wicked fun, it had a good selection of worlds, and it had a world dedicated to The World Ends With You.

Yeah, I mean, there's lots wrong with it, but it's still lots of fun.

Shahadan

I'm expecting KH3 will come with an in-game index/encyclopaedia kind of thing for easy reference and for people to catch up.

I kinda want this, because KH's story and even character's profiles shortened in a small summary would be even more hilarious.
And I like to think about the headaches the poor intern tasked with writing those will get.

Vashetti

Banned
No

Please

No.

God no

No more datalogs

DDD itself already has this who am I kidding

please-be-excited-square-enix.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Hashimoto actually said "please be excited" in Malaysia a few hours ago right after he was introduced.

Based Hashimoto.

Kinsei

Banned
I kinda want this, because KH's story and even character's profiles shortened in a small summary would be even more hilarious.
And I like to think about the headaches the poor intern tasked with writing those will get.

Short? That thing would probably be as long as an A Song of Ice and Fire book.

Kind of wish re:coded got a remix of some sort. It wasn't worth making into cutscenes because the story was effectively filler and I really like the gameplay, which is primarily why I play the KH series anyway (and why Re: CoM is my least favorite).

Besides, it's not like it used the touch screen much anyways. Nothing that couldn't be tweaked a bit. Oh well, I'll live.

I'm expecting KH3 will come with an in-game index/encyclopaedia kind of thing for easy reference and for people to catch up.

It'd have to be pretty damn extensive for it to be of any actual use, if KH3D's implementation of it is any indication. The only in-game encyclopedia I've ever seen adequately implemented was the one that Guilty Gear Xrd uses. Like, there's a entry for every single term in the series, every character, every storyline, hell, there's even an entry on Unreal Engine 3 (What Xrd runs on)

If a fighting game of all things can do that, there's no excuse.

Shahadan

Short? That thing would probably be as long as an A Song of Ice and Fire book.

No they know how to explain things without actually explaining shit, using the words "light" "darkness" "hearts" or "sora".

The amount of lines that could be defined as a random mash up of words in these games is amazing.

Holmes

Ok, wait. Pls advise me.

I started my first BbS playthrough as Terra, but I did save during the tutorial because something came up and I had to stop playing. It did record as a Ventus save file. Did I mess up? I don't want to go any farther in Terra's playthrough if it's messed up.

Shahadan

Ok, wait. Pls advise me.

I started my first BbS playthrough as Terra, but I did save during the tutorial because something came up and I had to stop playing. It did record as a Ventus save file. Did I mess up? I don't want to go any farther in Terra's playthrough if it's messed up.

Should be ok, the tutorial part always has a Ventus save file.

Luigi87

Ok, wait. Pls advise me.

Even though you chose Terra during their practice fight in the tutorial, you're still in the tutorial. You'll actually pick who to play as once it is over.

sn00zer

Im realizing KH2 is much much better than KH1, but I really dont like how hectic the battles can get without some sort of block caneling especially when you only gt two hits on critical. Would be much more fun if you could just block whenever.

Holmes

Even though you chose Terra during their practice fight in the tutorial, you're still in the tutorial. You'll actually pick who to play as once it is over.
I know, I'm at the end of Terra's story. I just don't want to do everything for his reports and then find out it didn't count. This whole thing is confusing.

Im realizing KH2 is much much better than KH1, but I really dont like how hectic the battles can get without some sort of block caneling especially when you only gt two hits on critical. Would be much more fun if you could just block whenever.

That's what Reflect is for.

Luigi87

I know, I'm at the end of Terra's story. I just don't want to do everything for his reports and then find out it didn't count. This whole thing is confusing.

Oh, easiest way (and the way you are supposed to do this), you will have five save files when everything is said and done.
-Terra
-Ventus
-Aqua
-Final
-Secret

Do not overwrite any file with a different one. You need each of them.

iosefe

Oh, easiest way (and the way you are supposed to do this), you will have five save files when everything is said and done.
-Terra
-Ventus
-Aqua
-Final
-Secret

Do not overwrite any file with a different one. You need each of them.
And to avoid a save glitch preventing the battle levels from rising, don't touch any save til after secret. So make sure to collect every report, etc to be able to unlock the secret

Holmes

Cool, thanks everyone. So saving during the tutorial before I started Terra's story won't impede me from getting the Collector trophy?

Carbonox

Terra is a such a gullible twat. At least Riku was a kid when he got tainted by Maleficent and Ansem. Terra's stupidity is gold. I do like Aqua and Ven though. I feel sorry for the latter especially.

Just finished up Terra's story. The fact that
Terra-Xehanort
probably has the smartest AI in the series (barring any optional bosses) makes him the best final boss in the series, in my opinion. Giving him Curaga on top of that is just so deliciously evil.

when do you get this? Just got to Disney castle
Right after Timeless River, so not too far to go.

FirLocke

Arrived at the W
orld That Never Was
and I just defeated
Roxas.
Oh man that felt good. Had to re adjust my abilities quite a bit, but I got there in the end.

I was properly stuck on this fight this morning and I just had to come back to it tonight. I think it might just be the most difficult mandatory fight in the game, having glide would have made it muuuuuch easier. I also discovered my new found love for Finishing Plus!

Soriku

Throwing in the towel for data battles, at least on proud. I just plain suck I guess, can't beat a single one other than the ones I've already done (Saïx, Zexion, Lex, and Mar). So much for platinum.

First off, get to lvl 99.

For Xigbar, Vexen, and Larxene, annihilate them with Final Form. Use Decisive Pumpkin + Hero's Crest. With Larxene, you definitely want to abuse Reflect.

For Roxas, staggering him isn't hard. You just need to abuse Reflect a lot. Reflect all his attacks, and combo the shit out of him. When he starts throwing balls against you, just avoid them with glide. Limit Form + Sonic Rave is useful. He's not so hard.

For Axel, spam Sonic Rave with Limit Form the entire battle. It does a lot of damage plus heals you from battlefield chip damage. If you manage to hit off his reaction command, when he's down on his knees, combo him with regular attacks, then just go back to using Sonic Rave.

For Demyx, abuse Wisdom Form + Firaga + stack up with Ethers and put it on a shortcut. When he uses his forms, you want to spam Firaga while standing very close to Demyx. This is the only way I could beat his 99 forms.

I haven't beat Xaldin and Xemnas yet.

Kain

Come on, DDD is not that bad!

The story is shit, the pokemons are shit and flowmotion is broken but... well, yeah it's a somewhat shit game.

But you get to play as Riku and use Dark Splicer, so it's totally OK.

Falk

that puzzling face
Come on, DDD is not that bad!

The story is shit, the pokemons are shit and flowmotion is broken but... well, yeah it's a somewhat shit.

But you get to play as Riku and use Dark Splicer, so it's totally OK.

You don't even get to play as Riku

That's like saying you get to play as Sora in coded

Top Bottom