• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Credo

Do you have a healer? If so you should be able to kill the behemoth relatively easily as long as paralyze procs don't fuck you

Finally beat it on my 10th or 11th try. It took sacrificing damage and moving my healer to the last slot so that paralyze always wore off in time. I had 5250 max HP and he hit me for 5150 on four or 5 occasions, so it was too close for comfort.

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
Can I ask a dumb question? How are people here on WWUχ able to get such high Nova? Granted I haven't been putting a ton of energy into WWUχ (JPUχ Nova/Burst of about 290 here, with just about every premium except some recents,) but with how stingy the WWUχ version is with jewels, no brooms, fewer sales, etc., I don't actually know if my account is salvageable at this point.

I'd love to theoretically have a...decent-ish account on both servers? But I keep doing better in JPUχ (3 Mickey'd every Proud quest, have at least +28 on every Keyblade including Crystal of Dreams and Fenrir,) but WWUχ feels plain unfair.

deanote666

Can I ask a dumb question? How are people here on WWUχ able to get such high Nova? Granted I haven't been putting a ton of energy into WWUχ (JPUχ Nova/Burst of about 290 here, with just about every premium except some recents,) but with how stingy the WWUχ version is with jewels, no brooms, fewer sales, etc., I don't actually know if my account is salvageable at this point.

I'd love to theoretically have a...decent-ish account on both servers? But I keep doing better in JPUχ (3 Mickey'd every Proud quest, have at least +28 on every Keyblade including Crystal of Dreams and Fenrir,) but WWUχ feels plain unfair.
WWUx?

I have gotten my nova to level 133 with mostly the farmables (including event medals) and only a couple of premiums guilted.

Ah, a new Corridor of Darkness event. The first set were a breeze and I've got the Power Gem. Stands to reason the other gems won't be so easy to claim.

The other event is going to be another grindfest for coins. At least the last mission can be tackled well enough with the medals I have, which gets me about around 600 coins per trip. The only thing I can't deal with is the golden mushrooms, their defenses are way too high and they disappear in 3 or 4 strikes. Thankfully, you can still 1-Turn the mission if they run away, the game counts it as a win.

I can get the 4 turn mushrooms with 100% maui, uniformed kairi, and a 100% meowjesty on a level 25 olympia keyblade.

Ironically, I can't get the trees in the mushroom room.

deanote666

Sölf;226862857 said:
Yeah, no way I will beat the group of 4 on the final coin mission. I severely lack strong Speed AoE for that,

I'm stuck using meowjesty on EVERYTHING since I have nothing else that can do that kind of damage. Since the trees are blue, I don't have a chance against that group...

Sölf

I'm stuck using meowjesty on EVERYTHING since I have nothing else that can do that kind of damage. Since the trees are blue, I don't have a chance against that group...

I mean, Marluxia B is a godsend and Larxene is also cool. Larxene is single target though. And I can't even kill a single one of them within 1 turn. No way I am able to kill several of them. D:

creid

Sölf;226864341 said:
I mean, Marluxia B is a godsend and Larxene is also cool. Larxene is single target though. And I can't even kill a single one of them within 1 turn. No way I am able to kill several of them. D:
I'm doing it with Nova ~lv85 and Marluxia B boosted by iKairi and (whichever Kairi boosts speed +2 for one turn) on Treasure Trove +25. Have any of those?

Azuran

Banned

Yeah, they seem pretty tough if you don't have the right support medals.

I use iKairi, filler (APP), Owl, Magician Donald (50%), Marluxia B (65%), and Sephiroth (Friend) on Divine Rose +25 to take them all down in one turn. The large majority of the damages come from the last two but I use them all to increase Sephy's multiplier.

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
WWUx?

I have gotten my nova to level 133 with mostly the farmables (including event medals) and only a couple of premiums guilted.

World Wide Unchained, sorry - the English language version.

The only Premiums I have are Pooh & Piglet and Sora Illust. Ver., neither dotted nor guilted.

Sölf

I'm doing it with Nova ~lv85 and Marluxia B boosted by iKairi and (whichever Kairi boosts speed +2 for one turn) on Treasure Trove +25. Have any of those?

My Marluxia B is only 67% boosted, which is probably the main problem. And no iKairi, but Jack & Sally.

Famassu

Marluxia B is more of a powerful AOE attacker so I'd rather put an ABII, ABII Max or ABIII on it than any support abilities. In the grand scheme of things, Halloween Sora is really weak and costs a lot to use, so I wouldn't waste APP on him.

EDIT: Of course ABII + APP could work on him.

Ilvocare

For me the trees are easy and the mushrooms are problematic enough that they're not worth the trouble. The 4-attack one gives only 200 coins. If I focus on just the trees, I can run through the mission faster and with zero need to re-start because some ability or another failed to activate.

I'm using Divine Rose +27, although I think a +25 would work just dandy.

-Piglet
-Larxene A unguilted with APP (pure filler, there's enough gauges in the final mission to choke a horse)
-Jack & Sally (the best buff/debuff medal I have, easily)
-Jack 100% guilted with AB2Max (probably what pushes me over the edge in terms of certain damage output)
-Marl B with my famous 40% guilt and AB2 (big damage comes from here)

Friend medal literally doesn't matter. Neither does Nova level, although I have enough levels (106) to act in Jack's stead if I (for some reason) want to save gauge.

I WAS able to beat the 4-turn mushroom and the trees simultaneously with an Olympia setup that relied on Piglet, Maui, Meowjesty, and like two different AoE Speed medals along with Ava Pug's guilted TVA, but it required multiple AB2s and Defense Boosts to proc against the group of trees. And the mushroom only gave 200 coins, in addition to the group's 400. It's not worth it for me.

Sölf

For me the trees are easy and the mushrooms are problematic enough that they're not worth the trouble. The 4-attack one gives only 200 coins. If I focus on just the trees, I can run through the mission faster and with zero need to re-start because some ability or another failed to activate.

-Piglet
-Larxene A unguilted with APP (pure filler, there's enough gauges in the final mission to choke a horse)
-Jack 100% guilted with AB2Max (probably what pushes me over the edge in terms of certain damage output)

Friend medal literally doesn't matter. Neither does Nova level, although I have enough levels (106) to act in Jack's stead if I (for some reason) want to save gauge.

I WAS able to beat the 4-turn mushroom and the trees simultaneously with an Olympia setup that relied on Piglet, Maui, Meowjesty, and like two different AoE Speed medals along with Ava Pug's guilted TVA, but it required multiple AB2s and Defense Boosts to proc against the group of trees. And the mushroom only gave 200 coins, in addition to the group's 400. It's not worth it for me.

I could actually try that. Instead of Piglet I would use Pooh & Piglet, just need a substitue for Larxene. Maybe the Flowmeow would work there.

Psxphile

Cleared all three boards this morning and I've just been sitting on my laurels all day. I love getting these events out of the way early on so I won't have to worry about it for the rest of the week.

Been doing the Coliseum on occasion too. I left off at rank 2300+ in the morning but I assume I'll fall past 2500 soonish. Still, I usually don't do this well in the Coli this early in the month. Mission 89 doesn't seem beatable w/ my current setup, however. But that's what I thought about some of the previous bouts too. Guess I'll keep plugging away and hopefully secure a good enough spot to stay high enough on the boards to get every avatar part.

Marluxia B is more of a powerful AOE attacker so I'd rather put an ABII, ABII Max or ABIII on it than any support abilities. In the grand scheme of things, Halloween Sora is really weak and costs a lot to use, so I wouldn't waste APP on him.

EDIT: Of course ABII + APP could work on him.

Ah I have AB3 and APP from one of the recent costumes, but I don't know if I should save them or not,they were saying AB3 is pretty rare on reddit.I need a speed APP for adamantite quests.

Ilvocare

Sölf;226884889 said:
I could actually try that. Instead of Piglet I would use Pooh & Piglet, just need a substitue for Larxene. Maybe the Flowmeow would work there.

I should note that my J&S, Jack, and Marl B are all fully chipped and daled.

Cleared all three boards this morning and I've just been sitting on my laurels all day. I love getting these events out of the way early on so I won't have to worry about it for the rest of the week.

Been doing the Coliseum on occasion too. I left off at rank 2300+ in the morning but I assume I'll fall past 2500 soonish. Still, I usually don't do this well in the Coli this early in the month. Mission 89 doesn't seem beatable w/ my current setup, however. But that's what I thought about some of the previous bouts too. Guess I'll keep plugging away and hopefully secure a good enough spot to stay high enough on the boards to get every avatar part.

The boards are super quick to clear, honestly. I should get back to that and proceed to do nothing for the week
outside of farming nephews and evo medals

Ilvocare

Hm, for the most part. That one Halloween event w/ the pumpkin heartless can fuck right off, tho. Took me several days and I'm not certain if I completely cleared it.

I was talking about these boards, specifically. Besides, the board with the watermelons was way, WAY worse.

I am always putting off these events until the last possible moment, >_<. Yesterday, I grinded out coins for all of the Moana and Maui medal boards and finished just before the time was up. Today, I meant to do the Larxene event early but got busy. I didn't start until 12:50, and thought I was screwed. NOPE! Super easy and fast. 3 Mickey'd every stage in ~50 min total. :D

Sölf

-Piglet

I tried this now, works wonderufully. Pooh & Piglet instead of Piglet and Evil Queen instead of Larxene. I am still able to kill everything before the friend medal even comes into action. Well, everything except the mushrooms. xD

Ilvocare

Sölf;226904497 said:
I tried this now, works wonderufully. Pooh & Piglet instead of Piglet and Evil Queen instead of Larxene. I am still able to kill everything before the friend medal even comes into action. Well, everything except the mushrooms. xD

Nice! You're welcome!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
A hot new 358/2 Days deal and a 4-Day High Score Event arrive a day early tonight at 12AM (PT), plus a special Beginner's Campaign!

C0QIKO1UcAAWZC6.png

Psxphile

Starting Friday and all the way into the middle of January, if you log in at any time you'll be gifted five Cid 10 medals. Nice.

Here's an interesting graphic that was posted on twitter:

The ways of the whale elude me.

Skittles

Starting Friday and all the way into the middle of January, if you log in at any time you'll be gifted five Cid 10 medals. Nice.

Here's an interesting graphic that was posted on twitter:

The ways of the whale elude me.
Eh, I don't really care how people spend their disposable income. Whatever gives you enjoyment and isn't illegal is fine.

Nice thing about the current HSC is that you can actually go back to previous areas and the 1-200 and 200-1000 ranking tiers have been eliminated, meaning it goes 1-1000, 1000-2000, etc now. Only bad things are that the final reward tier is at 40 million and you can't get guilt jafar-genie without reaching it (also HD sora not being a multiplier is fucked). I got 22mil with a 0% multiplier for perspective.

Eh, I don't really care how people spend their disposable income. Whatever gives you enjoyment and isn't illegal is fine.

Nice thing about the current HSC is that you can actually go back to previous areas and the 1-200 and 200-1000 ranking tiers have been eliminated, meaning it goes 1-1000, 1000-2000, etc now. Only bad things are that the final reward tier is at 40 million and you can't get guilt jafar-genie without reaching it (also HD sora not being a multiplier is fucked). I got 22mil with a 0% multiplier for perspective.

With what team? I could barely make 4 mil and I couldnt beat the last enemy.

Skittles

With what team? I could barely make 4 mil and I couldnt beat the last enemy.
DR +28 (25 is also good)
Belle DB2
Ikairi No Cost
J&S APP
J&S ATB 2 & APP
Marl B (any guilt will get you far) ATB 2 MAX
Boosted Saix 85% ATB 2 (some kind of boosted power medal will be helpful)

Grieves

I finally got the last three cost avatar boards I needed. The Cids will come in handy! I think from now I'm going to start saving jewels so I can finally get a premium medal.

Sölf

I managed to get ~12 million with DR +26 and this setup:

Pooh & Piglet
Larxene B (ATB 2 + Lux Plus, 100%)
Jack & Sally (ATB 2 + Attack Prize Plus, 100%)
Jack Skellington (ATK 2 Max, 100%)
Marluxia B (ATK 2, 70%)
And a good friend medal, I choose a Maui with 100% for another 7% multiplier. Something that actually deals damage would probably be better.

I couldn't beat the 280 Invisibles and haven't tried the 300 gargoyles yet. Could kill everything else though. That's with 14% multiplier and only 80 Nova. I tried to exchange Pooh & Piglet with Moana for another 7% boost, but then I couldn't even kill the level 280 Statues, because all Medals deal so much less damage.

The only other thing I could try would be my TT where I have Maui and maybe use Rock Titan instead of Lexaeus, but I would have to put Cid and Chip & Dale into RT first. And since that already didn't work with Moana, I am not sure I want to do that. Other than that, I hope the next Corridor of Darkness isn't that hard, then I could get a Magic Gem and push Divine Rose to +27.

Psxphile

Managed only 8 million w/ my Olympus setup (28% w/ friend medal), which was better than my Divine Rose setup (21% w/ friend medal) where I only broke 7. I opted to include as many score increasing medals as I could manage considering cost. Wasn't enough to beat the level 210+ Heartless, so I could probably do better by ditching one score medal for a real damage dealer.

Ilvocare

Discounted avatar boards but I have no avatar coins...

Each node there costs only 1 coin. The cost from those are kinda really fucking fundamental, so those should be a priority in addition to APP skills. This deal is CRAZY for newcomers and I'm genuinely jealous at those savings...

Sölf

Each node there costs only 1 coin. The cost from those are kinda really fucking fundamental, so those should be a priority in addition to APP skills. This deal is CRAZY for newcomers and I'm genuinely jealous at those savings...

Yeah, me to. I already have all of those boards but god, how much do you save? Enough for at least one 10 pull, jesus.

deanote666

I have 0 avatar coins and finished every quest objective that gives them.

I'm farming level 133 to get medals to pip for coins...

Level 290 and need 2490000 lux to level up so no level up coins anytime soon.

Guys, after Casual Roxas, what's the next Big medal we could get in Global? I have enough for a mercy pull but I dunno if it's worth it to get it or wait for something cooler that could be on the horizon.

Azuran

Banned
Guys, after Casual Roxas, what's the next Big medal we could get in Global? I have enough for a mercy pull but I dunno if it's worth it to get it or wait for something cooler that could be on the horizon.

iSora B and iRiku B are the next one in line if I'm correctly. They raise Speed and Power strength respectively by 2 tiers for 2 turns.

Famassu

Funny. Just a couple of months ago I felt Proud will probably be out of my league since I had so few guilted medals. Now I feel I'll probably be able to do quite a lot of them assuming the difficulty doesn't ramp up ridiculously fast.

Funny. Just a couple of months ago I felt Proud will probably be out of my league since I had so few guilted medals. Now I feel I'll probably be able to do quite a lot of them assuming the difficulty doesn't ramp up ridiculously fast.

It may still be difficult. Buff medals will become extremely important and all of the good ones are Epics or Premiums.

Take advantage of the 358/2 Days sale, people! A guilted Piglet or Pooh will really help.

Finally cracked 40 million.

What was your setup?

Azuran

Banned
I manage 18 million in the current HSC. I would've probably gotten higher if all my Attack Boost medals actually decided to activate during the high level enemies. It's ridiculous not a single one procced in the last two screens.

51% rate my butt.

Ilvocare

I haven't really bothered using them at all. Are they really that good? Good enough to not bother with full-turn, 2-tier boost medals like Pooh and/or Piglet?

They're not that good but I've gotten moderate use out of them. The point being, they're gonna satisfy the guilt req easy AND they're buffs for themselves and two other medals.

just pray you can kill enough enemies in three attacks until then

Top Bottom