• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

Did the new banner pull.

v7OOomv.jpg

Not too shabby. My first boosted medal. MX and Eraqus w/ 3 pips filled each (bringing them both to 2 and 1 more medal away from guilting, respectively).

Famassu

Seems like I'll be skipping December's weekend raid bosses. Not in the mood for the more-excessive-&-annoying-than-usual grind and seems like other players in our party aren't either (or more people have stopped playing altogether)

deanote666

Seems like I'll be skipping December's weekend raid bosses. Not in the mood for the more-excessive-&-annoying-than-usual grind and seems like other players in our party aren't either (or more people have stopped playing altogether)

Solo'd the boss with 7777777 HP, got 33 event medals

Edit: Solo'd the boss at level 3 and got 84 medals... This needs to be a bit more consistent.

Edit: Solo'd level 4 and got 47 coins...

Edit: Solo'd level 5 and got 32 coins... REALLY!?

Psxphile

Solo'd the boss with 7777777 HP, got 33 event medals

Edit: Solo'd the boss at level 3 and got 84 medals... This needs to be a bit more consistent.

Edit: Solo'd level 4 and got 47 coins...

Edit: Solo'd level 5 and got 32 coins... REALLY!?

Yeah, no one likes this raid boss. Peeps in my party still summon it but rarely go over Level 3. I try to soak up as much coins as I can from minimal participation but payouts will sometimes be low so soloing 2 or 3 tend to be necessary to make up the difference (if you want to clear the board).

Azuran

Banned
Enabling 0AP in the middle of the event was straight up bullshit. What was the point of playing the past 4 days when none of it all matters?

Hilarious how I managed to drop out from the top 1000 in only a couple of days after I was sitting there comfortably all week.

Ilvocare

Enabling 0AP in the middle of the event was straight up bullshit. What was the point of playing the past 4 days when none of it all matters?

Hilarious how I managed to drop out from the top 1000 in only a couple of days after I was sitting there comfortably all week.

I dunno, my 30 mil base was pretty paramount in keeping me above rank 600. Granted, I'm a fucking crazy person who went out of their way to abuse 2x lux for most of what it was worth this week. What's now confirmed super impossible is slipping into the top 100. That's where true insanity lies...

c-murph

TzNfZgZ.png

So close...

I managed to get a run where I had no jesters in the final level but I was unable to one turn kill the black copters. blegh.

I still need another 106 Kupo Dew Drops before I can level the MOG Keyblade to +25.

Ilvocare

TzNfZgZ.png

So close...

I managed to get a run where I had no jesters in the final level but I was unable to one turn kill the black copters. blegh.

I still need another 106 Kupo Dew Drops before I can level the MOG Keyblade to +25.

Can you enlighten me on how to nab the 15 enemies killed objective? It's really bugging me for quests 3 and 4. I'm still struggling with killing all the enemies in a turn for 2, though, so priorities...

Also my MoG is at, what, +17? This is such a slow climb but at least now I can safely use it for trash mob missions in order to stock up on gauge...

c-murph

Can you enlighten me on how to nab the 15 enemies killed objective? It's really bugging me for quests 3 and 4. I'm still struggling with killing all the enemies in a turn for 2, though, so priorities...

Also my MoG is at, what, +17? This is such a slow climb but at least now I can safely use it for trash mob missions in order to stock up on gauge...

Killing all the enemies in one turn for stage two was the last one I finished. Took me forever. I had to keep restarting the level while running through it and hoping for no jesters. I think there's only one enemy per hallway if you get a perfect run with none of them. Makes it slightly easier. But also depends on what you keyblade is holding too.

I have the Treasure Trove +26 with iKairi with No Cost, HD Riku with Defense I, Isa with AP+, KH Leon B Guilted 44% Atk II, Timeless River Pete Guilted 50% Atk II, Friend Medal King Meowjesty Guilted 100% Atk II Max. Sure wish I had a bunch of those Atk II + AP+ combo skills.

The 15 enemies in each stage is just trail and error. I have an outfit on my character that increases Rare Enemy Encounter by +8. Whatever that number means. I had to cheat and continue to get those Mickey Heads though as I never had enough Stamina bars to finish the stage; even with No Cost and AP+. The odds are always against you and basically forces you to die with that many enemies. Especially if you get the Jester in the third hallway with the Lv.255 Copter in all the stages. Bastard kills you in one hit. So, the trick is to hit all the jesters in every hallway except that one... unless you want to continue.

Same goes with the final level. I don't want to waste any jewels running through it so I quit and jump back in numerous times until I see no Jesters. Probably won't get the Micey Heads for that level and will just run through it another 10-15 times for the materials to level up the MOG blade. It's basically the only material I need at this point. These levels are nuts, Could've even attempt them without iKairi. Also helps to have Croc/HD Riku, KHII Kairi, and iTerra for added color strengths too.

Probably won't finish the blade tonite though as I have Exams this week and need to get back to studying. Next weekend.

Ilvocare

Killing all the enemies in one turn for stage two was the last one I finished. Took me forever. I had to keep restarting the level while running through it and hoping for no jesters. I think there's only one enemy per hallway if you get a perfect run with none of them. Makes it slightly easier. But also depends on what you keyblade is holding too.

I have the Treasure Trove +26 with iKairi with No Cost, HD Riku with Defense I, Isa with AP+, KH Leon B Guilted 44% Atk II, Timeless River Pete Guilted 50% Atk II, Friend Medal King Meowjesty Guilted 100% Atk II Max. Sure wish I had a bunch of those Atk II + AP+ combo skills.

The 15 enemies in each stage is just trail and error. I have an outfit on my character that increases Rare Enemy Encounter by +8. Whatever that number means. I had to cheat and continue to get those Mickey Heads though as I never had enough Stamina bars to finish the stage; even with No Cost and AP+. The odds are always against you and basically forces you to die with that many enemies. Especially if you get the Jester in the third hallway with the Lv.255 Copter in all the stages. Bastard kills you in one hit. So, the trick is to hit all the jesters in every hallway except that one... unless you want to continue.

Same goes with the final level. I don't want to waste any jewels running through it so I quit and jump back in numerous times until I see no Jesters. Probably won't get the Micey Heads for that level and will just run through it another 10-15 times for the materials to level up the MOG blade. It's basically the only material I need at this point. These levels are nuts, Could've even attempt them without iKairi. Also helps to have Croc/HD Riku, KHII Kairi, and iTerra for added color strengths too.

Probably won't finish the blade tonite though as I have Exams this week and need to get back to studying. Next weekend.

all of this is exactly what I was afraid of hearing

deanote666

I only had to fight the raid boss 12 times to finish the raid board...

Got mine to level 11...10,000,000 hp

It's hp stops going up at level 10 at least...

Ilvocare

What even is this quest 525 boss & the 1 turn objective. >_<;

I just got to it. Oh my god, this is nutty. And your fucking 'partner' is hilariously ineffective, jfc...

To one turn it you'd HAVE to dispel but... oh my god where would you even muster the strength to do that many bars of damage???

Also the advice to mirror bit me in the ass because of my consistent J&S use. I did not expect him to just get ALL the buffs in a single turn! That combined with the sneaky 3-tier defense debuff beforehand that I didn't see until my turn ended was like... what in the fuck IS this?!?!

Famassu

I just got to it. Oh my god, this is nutty. And your fucking 'partner' is hilariously ineffective, jfc...

To one turn it you'd HAVE to dispel but... oh my god where would you even muster the strength to do that many bars of damage???

Also the advice to mirror bit me in the ass because of my consistent J&S use. I did not expect him to just get ALL the buffs in a single turn! That combined with the sneaky 3-tier defense debuff beforehand that I didn't see until my turn ended was like... what in the fuck IS this?!?!
Yeah, it's just insane. I mean, at bare minimum, you HAVE to have one str buff medal (preferably even two to get both a generic & attributal str buff?) and one medal with dispel. Even if those are guilted, those aren't going to do 15 health bar's worth of damage, so you're left with 3 or at most 4 medals that have to do majority of the damage to the boss (one of which has to be a Friend medal which are noticeably weaker than your own stuff in highly leveled up keyblades), each of which has to do, like, 6-8 health bar's worth of damage. Sooo... basically, do you need to have an all-guilted set of 1-2 buffers, one dispeller and 3-4 mega damage dealers all with ABIII or something? Because that's the only way I see 30+ health bar's being possible in one turn. Or maybe I just lack faith since I don't really know what some of these strongest insanely rare medals can do when guilted.

I mean, I guess I've gotten Meowjesty to do something like 270-280k damage with one hit and if I had a set of 4 medals of that level, it'd be possible? How many health bars would that be on this particular boss?

Ilvocare

Anyone notice if meowjesty got nerfed? When using my 2nd one, I can see 3-4 hits miss all targets entirely...

Sounds like you're using it on a raid boss and those hits are attacking active parts of the boss that are offscreen. Meowjesty on my end works perfectly.

Yeah, it's just insane. I mean, at bare minimum, you HAVE to have one str buff medal (preferably even two to get both a generic & attributal str buff?) and one medal with dispel. Even if those are guilted, those aren't going to do 15 health bar's worth of damage, so you're left with 3 or at most 4 medals that have to do majority of the damage to the boss (one of which has to be a Friend medal which are noticeably weaker than your own stuff in highly leveled up keyblades), each of which has to do, like, 6-8 health bar's worth of damage. Sooo... basically, do you need to have an all-guilted set of 1-2 buffers, one dispeller and 3-4 mega damage dealers all with ABIII or something? Because that's the only way I see 30+ health bar's being possible in one turn. Or maybe I just lack faith since I don't really know what some of these strongest insanely rare medals can do when guilted.

I mean, I guess I've gotten Meowjesty to do something like 270-280k damage with one hit and if I had a set of 4 medals of that level, it'd be possible? How many health bars would that be on this particular boss?

I think each bar of health on a normal enemy is about 25k. Take that as you will. 25k * 30 = 750k. So the answer is technically, but that damage output BETTER be consistent otherwise you're gonna have to reload a LOT.

Also meowjesty is power and
the snowman is magic.

have some appropriate music with your sorrow

deanote666

Sounds like you're using it on a raid boss and those hits are attacking active parts of the boss that are offscreen. Meowjesty on my end works perfectly.

I think each bar of health on a normal enemy is about 25k. Take that as you will. 25k * 30 = 750k. So the answer is technically, but that damage output BETTER be consistent otherwise you're gonna have to reload a LOT.

the snowman is magic.

have some appropriate music with your sorrow

Normal enemies. Coliseum. There can be 2 enemies: 1 enemy with 1/2 bar and one enemy with 3 bars. The 1/2 bar enemy dies and the other is at the same amount of health. Meowjesty is buffed 3+ with ABII+AP+, 100% guilt. Slot 4 on level 26 treasure trove.

Edit: after seeing today's event, it looks like the enemy defense is just that high that the HP drop isn't notable?

Psxphile

Let's see, new event that drops a new Tier 3 boost medal which is basically a slightly better version of the Nick&Judy medal... new avatar boards w/ Attack Boost III and AP+, good good. And-

Czdi08xUoAEsRD6.jpg

The fuck is this shit.

Famassu

the snowman is magic.
Yeah, I know Meowjesty is Power, that's why I said if I had 4 medals of "that level", with which I meant "4 speed medals that could each do 200+k damage."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oofZZ0lJHg

deanote666

Let's see, new event that drops a new Tier 3 boost medal which is basically a slightly better version of the Nick&Judy medal... new avatar boards w/ Attack Boost III and AP+, good good. And-

Czdi08xUoAEsRD6.jpg

The fuck is this shit.

Glad it isn't just me! I can borrow a 130% speed medal and it barely dents these...

Question: For the maui medal, it raises the power strength by 3 for 3 attacks. Does it's own attack count as one of those 3?

Also, I went from skill +12 to skill +15 and seems like my abilities are activating LESS often...

Czdi08xUoAEsRD6.jpg

The fuck is this shit.

This is like the most pointless event ever with 0 AP going on.

Psxphile

200 jewels per day though...

Yeah. I'll only accept it because ultimately it's a continuation of the jewel missions we've been getting lately. I've already max guilted all of my farmables so I have no use for its main purpose. I'm finding myself wishing it was about gathering past event medals that don't exist in the banner pool. I have quite a few I was never able to guilt, let alone max guilt.

Ilvocare

Czdi08xUoAEsRD6.jpg

The fuck is this shit.

fulfill your hidden dream of having a MOUNTAIN of tier 1 medals

Yeah. I'll only accept it because ultimately it's a continuation of the jewel missions we've been getting lately. I've already max guilted all of my farmables so I have no use for its main purpose. I'm finding myself wishing it was about gathering past event medals that don't exist in the banner pool. I have quite a few I was never able to guilt, let alone max guilt.

minnie is gone forever and nothing you do will ever bring her or her friends back

there's such a low chance of the game ever letting people grind up non-free medals that it's silly

c-murph

Damn, I really want that Mickey and Minnie winter outfits. I could use the Atk IIIs too!

I got my Speed Gem and Leveled my Green Keyblade to lv.26! Yay!

This is like the most pointless event ever with 0 AP going on.

Depends. If your a newb then probably not. I've never bothered with guilting the low level drop medals so it works for me... It's basically just an extra tacked on to the daily jewels quest. Not really an entire event. I just 25% Wakka medal so, some people are going to have a use for it.

Not really. Getting 5* and sometimes 6* medals of the farmable is a huge time, exp, and munny saver. Plus, it's another way to get more avatar coins.

How do I get more avatar coins now? lol I could use a few extras to buy out the 36 or so boards I have yet to complete...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How do I get more avatar coins now? lol I could use a few extras to buy out the 36 or so boards I have yet to complete...
Any time you sell a medal that has full pips (3-star with 1 pip, 4-star with 2 pips, etc) you get one coin per pip. If it's not fully pipped (a 4-star with only 1 pip for example) you don't get any coins.

c-murph

Any time you sell a medal that has full pips (3-star with 1 pip, 4-star with 2 pips, etc) you get one coin per pip. If it's not fully pipped (a 4-star with only 1 pip for example) you don't get any coins.

Oh sweet! I did not know that. Don't remember the game telling me that any where. I sold a bunch of maxed 3 pip 5* Christmas Sora this morning. I wonder how many coins I got. :D

Ilvocare

I should also mention that if you ever happen to sell a 6* medal for avatar coins, remember not to guilt it. The guilt does NOT count as a sixth coin, and you will get 5 coins if you just fill all 5 pips.

also I used both of my speed gems to level Divine Rose to +27

that makes sense right

CRS

I should also mention that if you ever happen to sell a 6* medal for avatar coins, remember not to guilt it. The guilt does NOT count as a sixth coin, and you will get 5 coins if you just fill all 5 pips.

also I used both of my speed gems to level Divine Rose to +27

that makes sense right

if you have the setup (a reverse magic nuke [which you should have from Marl B and should get from the upcoming Larxene B]), then yes, it makes sense.

I'm actually excited for Larxene B since I also upgraded my Divine Rose.

Ilvocare

if you have the setup (a reverse magic nuke [which you should have from Marl B and should get from the upcoming Larxene B]), then yes, it makes sense.

I'm actually excited for Larxene B since I also upgraded my Divine Rose.

They're speed but yeah, fingers crossed.

imagine that SE just completely flips the script on us and Larxene B is completely reworked from the ground up for no reason

I got a 6* boosted Aqua the other day, and now today I got another 6* Aqua, which allowed me to instantly guilt her... and I got 100% immediately! Hooray!

So, I'd like to tally up how everyone is doing in terms of their medal collections. The game has been out for almost a year, and the Proud Quests will be arriving early next year, so let's see how well prepared we are.

I've listed out several categories based on "essential" medals or abilities everyone should have. It should be relatively easy to fill out; just fill in your best medal per category and list your guilt percentage and skill, if applicable. Feel free to list more than one medal per category if you have more than one good medal. You can also put the same medal in multiple categories. Here's the template:

Code:
-Attack Medals-

POWER
~Upright ST: 
~Upright AoE: 
~Upright Random: 

~Reversed ST: 
~Reversed AoE: 
~Reversed Random: 

MAGIC
~Upright ST: 
~Upright AoE: 
~Upright Random: 

~Reversed ST: 
~Reversed AoE: 
~Reversed Random: 

SPEED
~Upright ST: 
~Upright AoE: 
~Upright Random: 

~Reversed ST: 
~Reversed AoE: 
~Reversed Random: 

-Support Medals-

STRENGTH/DEFENSE MODIFIERS
~Neutral Attack Buff: 
~Neutral Defense Buff: 
~Neutral Attack Debuff: 
~Neutral Defense Debuff: 

~Power Attack Buff: 
~Power Defense Buff: 
~Power Attack Debuff: 
~Power Defense Debuff: 

~Magic Attack Buff: 
~Magic Defense Buff: 
~Magic Attack Debuff: 
~Magic Defense Debuff: 

~Speed Attack Buff: 
~Speed Defense Buff: 
~Speed Attack Debuff: 
~Speed Defense Debuff: 

MISCELLANEOUS
~Cure: 
~Dispel: 
~Esuna: 
~Mirror:

I'll post mine later.

Psxphile

For those of you who logged in every day since the NA launch: this week's reward for logging in 5 days straight should have been 500 jewels, right? Did anyone actually get that? I don't remember if I got it already, I thought it was going to be today but it rolled over and started a new page when i logged in earlier. Am I losing my mind or did I just get gyped?

Ilvocare

For those of you who logged in every day since the NA launch: this week's reward for logging in 5 days straight should have been 500 jewels, right? Did anyone actually get that? I don't remember if I got it already, I thought it was going to be today but it rolled over and started a new page when i logged in earlier. Am I losing my mind or did I just get gyped?

I'm a couple of days behind--like 3 or so--and I was under the impression that the award was like... total-days-logged-in-dependent. As in it shouldn't rely on cumulative log-ins, just so long as you hit the number of days. Right?

CRS

It's total log ins, not consecutively. And the reward for 250 days is 500 jewels.

I'm a couple of days behind--like 3 or so--and I was under the impression that the award was like... total-days-logged-in-dependent. As in it shouldn't rely on cumulative log-ins, just so long as you hit the number of days. Right?

Correct.

Psxphile

Stuck at work all day so I was unable to follow up on any of that. It's possible I just don't remember seeing the log in bonus AND collecting it later, but I don't know... too bad there's no log to check.

Anyways:

CzQ6uSiUoAAyTIo.jpg

The Lass of Sass is back.

EDIT: aaaand guilted. 83%, 10 more than Mar B.

Woo, finally got one of our members in after fighting the game for days.

We've still got room for one more if anyone's interested, on Unicornis.

MiTYH

I joined on launch, then put the game away for a few months. Back in it now, and I got the 500 bonus today

Azuran

Banned
Man, I want to use that guilted Larxene because she's going to be so useful but there's no way I'm risking a 48% like what happened with Marluxia B.

I guess I'm going to be patient for once and hopefully wait for a guilting event during Christmas.

Top Bottom