• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

74% for Larxene. Not the worst guilt but was hoping for 80-85 at least.

Had to guilt Kurisumasu Sora 6 times before I got 99%. -_- Threw a Magic Mirror to it which got me to 100% and Nova lvl 103 o/

Tidus went much less painfully than yesterday's crapo medal guilting. Only had to guilt 3 or 4 times. Yesterday had to guilt 10 times before I got 24% at which point I said fuck it, I'll savor my mental health and waste a Magic Mirror on it.

Edit: wuuu, Xigbar's guilt attempt #2 was a success. The first suuuuuucked with 59% but now I got 93%. Now I "only" need to guilt BC Mickey and I'll have the whole set of guilted, strong non-attributed AOE special attackers.

Psxphile

If and when we're ever graced with Mickey and Broom medals, I hope people are sensible enough to only use them to pip and initial guilt, and not for rerolling purposes. That path only leads to tears.

Famassu

Fused over 10 times and still at 88%...
Well this was probably positive karma after I had to re-guilt the previous holiday themed free Sora for, like, 15 times before I got even a semi decent 77% guilt or somewhere along those lines. And that was with the ridiculous evolve requirements (you only got 3* medals from the event quest and had to evolve those all the way upto 6* and to evolve Halloween Soras you needed to use Halloween Soras instead of normal evolve medals).

Ilvocare

If and when we're ever graced with Mickey and Broom medals, I hope people are sensible enough to only use them to pip and initial guilt, and not for rerolling purposes. That path only leads to tears.

but what about rerolling my marl b for something higher than rock fucking bottom

c-murph

Man, I want to use that guilted Larxene because she's going to be so useful but there's no way I'm risking a 48% like what happened with Marluxia B.

I guess I'm going to be patient for once and hopefully wait for a guilting event during Christmas.

What's a Guilting Event? Have we had one of those before?

I caved and spent $20 and bought the Minnie Winter Gear. Ended up putting my Atk III on HD Riku in case I someday want to use him in a score challenge - Although, I never can place in any of them.

Also, Are we ever going to get more of HD Aqua or the ability to combine MeowWow + Sora + Riku? I got like 10 of those dame guys hogging all my inventory.

So...I didn't play for two months and recently came back. Unless I'm missing an entire game mechanic or something, these lvl 200 enemies are literally impossible to beat for me, aren't they? Should I just stop playing entirely at this point?

deanote666

So...I didn't play for two months and recently came back. Unless I'm missing an entire game mechanic or something, these lvl 200 enemies are literally impossible to beat for me, aren't they? Should I just stop playing entirely at this point?

You missed the meowjesty medal event and they introduced the nova attack.

Better jump on the moana medal event while you can!

If you're referring to the behemoth in the org XIII event, he's easy if you have a minni, attack prize +, and defense boost.

Ava Pug

r3ZsTIu.jpg

My setup for 525. This was on Lady Luck +28 and 259 Nova. Needed poison to proc to finish it off.

Famassu

It can't be linear, can it? That's also implying it ignores defense which isn't the case.
It doesn't but the difference isn't huge. I think I've done about 18k damage to some higher defense lvl 200-250 enemies, so only a 2-3k drop from the usual damage output against not so tough enemies.

Psxphile

Weird that they skipped Key Art #1.

Did I say 'weird'? I meant completely expected of them to do things out of order for no rhyme or reason. Thing is, sometimes it works out to our favor (Meowjesty, Nova attacks) and other times it comes too late for be a much worth (Christmas Sora being the latest example, JP got it a year ago as 1* and up medals).

Skittles

Weird that they skipped Key Art #1.

Did I say 'weird'? I meant completely expected of them to do things out of order for no rhyme or reason. Thing is, sometimes it works out to our favor (Meowjesty, Nova attacks) and other times it comes too late for be a much worth (Christmas Sora being the latest example, JP got it a year ago as 1* and up medals).
KA #2 was announced before KA #1 in japan too

Psxphile

Well that just triggers me something fierce.

EDIT: Looks like HD Axel and Casual Roxas will be available in the next two Epic Medal Carnivals. And yeah, to get Key Art #2 you need to guilt those two or this week's Xion by January 10th.

KA #2 was announced before KA #1 in japan too
Looks like SENA went and took care of that problem by relabeling it Key Arts #1. Yup, no confusion there.

Ilvocare

Well that just triggers me something fierce.

EDIT: Looks like HD Axel and Casual Roxas will be available in the next two Epic Medal Carnivals. And yeah, to get Key Art #2 you need to guilt those two or this week's Xion by January 10th.

Looks like SENA went and took care of that problem by relabeling it Key Arts #1. Yup, no confusion there.

I can't believe they relabelled it. The twitter account literally called it KA#2, too. Whatever, it's not a HUGE deal, anyways. Any hope of nabbing this medal went down the drain the second I heard "guilt Ill. Xion and the others".

Also, if you were worried about the 500 jewels log-in bonus not proccing, I finally hit the days required for it. It worked fine.

Psxphile

Pulled. Didn't get an iXion, but I think I did okay.

iAnsemSOD is a pretty good medal, only hampered by the whole "drains HP" thing which can get you killed in the Coliseum/HSC. iCloud is just a good all-around Power medal. Unfortunately I don't have any 'munks or skills to boost their power so I wont' be getting much use out of them yet. F2P life.

Now that I've hit level cap Avatar coins are few and far between, and I still have plenty of Avatar Boards w/ Chips, Dales and Cids to claim. Darn the luck. Farming coins by grinding medals from the current event quests is just too slow.

iAnsemSOD is a pretty good medal, only hampered by the whole "drains HP" thing which can get you killed in the Coliseum/HSC. iCloud is just a good all-around Power medal. Unfortunately I don't have any 'munks or skills to boost their power so I wont' be getting much use out of them yet. F2P life.

Now that I've hit level cap Avatar coins are few and far between, and I still have plenty of Avatar Boards w/ Chips, Dales and Cids to claim. Darn the luck. Farming coins by grinding medals from the current event quests is just too slow.

Wait, you got two premium medals with 3 pips each? That's actually really incredible.

Azuran

Banned

"I did okay"

BRUH

CRS

I think I did okay. Understatement of the year. Fucking congrats!

Psxphile

Huh. Hadn't even considered how unlikely it is to get even one Premium let alone two in a single pull. I guess I used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

So are the Moana/Larxene medals worth last minute grind or should I just skip em?

I'm gonna grind for the last Moana medals for the free guilt, but there is very little chance I'll ever use them. The Larxene medal, I definitely think would be useful, only thing is for me is that i want to wait for a potential guilt event so I don't get terrible guilt. If you haven't started with either event though I'd go with Larxene purely due to the time needed to do it complete it is faaar shorter and less grindy than the Moana medals event.

Ilvocare

So are the Moana/Larxene medals worth last minute grind or should I just skip em?

If you don't have good Power or Magic AoEs then those medals guilted are actually pretty good. Even with Maui at a 90% guilt, I've gotten loads of utility from him and Moana. Mainly against raid bosses and certain colisseum encounters, but yeah.

Larxene is also a should-get, if only because being given reverse-speed guilted medals makes Divine Rose even more amazing than it already is.

deanote666

I'm gonna grind for the last Moana medals for the free guilt, but there is very little chance I'll ever use them. The Larxene medal, I definitely think would be useful, only thing is for me is that i want to wait for a potential guilt event so I don't get terrible guilt. If you haven't started with either event though I'd go with Larxene purely due to the time needed to do it complete it is faaar shorter and less grindy than the Moana medals event.

Maui is a heavy hitter (relative to my other medals). For me he hits around 30k+ with ATBI, 100% guilt. Moana hits for about the same. Plus you get the 3+ element boost for the next 2 medals.

I haven't guilted my Larxene yet so no comment. Waiting on a guilting event.

Credo

Feels so bad when you're strong enough to get Larxene B all the way up to 5 pips but can't get the last medal to guilt her. Wish I could get over the hump.

Sölf

Guilted Larxene, got 85%. Put the last 15 Mirrors in her and now she is part of my medals Keyblades. :A

And I have 2 Mirrors left... xD

Skittles

Feels so bad when you're strong enough to get Larxene B all the way up to 5 pips but can't get the last medal to guilt her. Wish I could get over the hump.
Do you have a healer? If so you should be able to kill the behemoth relatively easily as long as paralyze procs don't fuck you

deanote666

Do you have a healer? If so you should be able to kill the behemoth relatively easily as long as paralyze procs don't fuck you

If you have defense boost, you may not even have to heal.

I got through it with 100% maui, uniformed kairi, 100% meowjesty w/ ATBIII, 100% meowjesty with ATBII+Lux, 100% meowjesty w/ ABII+AP+, borrowed medal with ABII+AB+

Azuran

Banned

Christmas Sora + a healer should be enough to take him down if you're having issues surviving. All you need to do is slowly chip him.

Psxphile

Ah, a new Corridor of Darkness event. The first set were a breeze and I've got the Power Gem. Stands to reason the other gems won't be so easy to claim.

The other event is going to be another grindfest for coins. At least the last mission can be tackled well enough with the medals I have, which gets me about around 600 coins per trip. The only thing I can't deal with is the golden mushrooms, their defenses are way too high and they disappear in 3 or 4 strikes. Thankfully, you can still 1-Turn the mission if they run away, the game counts it as a win.

Top Bottom