• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

deanote666

Thanks!

Also, is the drop rate lower for the new Sora vs the new Kairi? My friends and I have all gotten Kairi before our 5th pulls, and even again before our 10th, but none of us have gotten even a single new Sora yet.

I only got ill KHII Kairi from 3 mercy pulls and a ill KHII Sora on my 14th pull.

I think someone in this thread was saying the other day that -1 general defense down on an enemy is much more helpful than +1 general attack up on yourself.

I've only gotten Kairi from mercy pulls, but did get 1 Sora in my 10 pulls.

I think this scales with levels. As the enemy's level increases, general defense drops become exponentially more potent.

On enemies with lower levels, the general defense drop doesn't amount to much because their defense is already so low (and I don't think you can have negative defense). There, attack ups would benefit the most.

Of course, a good combination of both would do wonders, which is why I'm so glad my KA #3 got an extra attack.

Oh? So if I need to decide between attack up or defense down. I should go for defense down huh?
Interesting. I guess HD Roxas is even better than I thought huh?

Related question, when I get iKairi, I plan to have her in slot 2 for my TT keyblade.

I was going to have HD Axel in slot 5 and not HD Roxas, because I heard:
1 general defense down > better than 2 power defense down (?)

Plus iKairi would almost be the same thing as HD Roxas since it's +1 attack and -1 enemy defense for attribute, while HD Axel is general defense.

Kitoro

Is it worth holding onto the Scrooge medals for Poison, Sleep, etc? Are status effect abilities ever worth it over Attack up abilities for a unit that attacks without fixed damage?

Modoru

You probably want HD Axel early on so that other medals benefit from the GDD.

I don't think that GDD scales, more like it's a percentage, and that percentage is better recognized on higher level monsters since you're dropping from a higher base defense rather than low level monsters which have near-negligible defense.

You probably want HD Axel early on so that other medals benefit from the GDD.

I don't think that GDD scales, more like it's a percentage, and that percentage is better recognized on higher level monsters since you're dropping from a higher base defense rather than low level monsters which have near-negligible defense.

Surprisingly I've tested set ups with HD Axel in the 2nd slot, and HD Roxas in 5th slot and it does less damage this way I think.

YES YES YES!

aB5Qgai.png

Didn't get a single iSora KHII in any of my 15 pulls, but who cares?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
9m is my current best ranking. After a few more Cid medals, I may be able to bump that up. But starting at the enemies before the level...300 or 400 copters, I am doing 1 damage and getting by with my iKairi 2 20k hits. I wish I had that iB&B medal because that would fix this right up.

Famassu

Blergh. Not the worst result but got 102% and Def+2000 for iKH2Kairi...also, stuck on the Possessors at Coliseum round 140 or something. :'( The double poison + paralyze whammy is just impossible for me to survive. Even if I put someone with poison resistance and have DBII, the enemy is just too strong and if the poison & regular hits don't kill me, paralyze might make me miss my healer and second chance has activated ONCE out of, like 10+ times I've tried.

Credo

Man, first time clearing a HSC ever and only hit 16.76Mil... Missing that 17M goal. :(

I was able to actually beat the level 300 enemies for the first time. Can't even touch the level 400s though. Sitting just short of 10 million, so I can't get that last Cinderella medal :(

Psxphile

Did they perm the VIP Chip/Dale quests? Didn't even know they were available this week, was something about it said in the notice?

Barely caught it last night, the final push I needed to grab the weekly unlock and make my 5th banner pull for iKairi2. Better late than never.

Kitoro

Any tips for beating Master Ira on stage 555? I run mono water and deal a ton of damage, but his 4th turn special attack decimates me every time, even with two Defense Up II abilities triggering on each hit, and Dumbo + Bambi buffs.

Will I be able to pull it off with a bunch of un-guilted speed medals? I'd have to wait to farm up some Cid medals, though...

Famassu

Any tips for beating Master Ira on stage 555? I run mono water and deal a ton of damage, but his 4th turn special attack decimates me every time, even with two Defense Up II abilities triggering on each hit, and Dumbo + Bambi buffs.

Will I be able to pull it off with a bunch of un-guilted speed medals? I'd have to wait to farm up some Cid medals, though...
I don't remember, does Ira have buffs himself? If he does, you need to get rid of them. Otherwise you won't survive his attacks no matter how many DBIIs you have (DBIII might work but that's still rare)

Azuran

Banned
I don't remember, does Ira have buffs himself? If he does, you need to get rid of them. Otherwise you won't survive his attacks no matter how many DBIIs you have (DBIII might work but that's still rare)

He buffs himself to the max every 3 turns so yes, so you need to dispel him otherwise you're not surviving his special attack.

Kitoro

He buffs himself to the max every 3 turns so yes, so you need to dispel him otherwise you're not surviving his special attack.

Any medals I should be looking out for that do that, or are they abilities?

Or am I setting out to lower his defense 3 times in the first 3 slots and hammer him down with the last 2 plus friend slot?

Credo

It's kind of wild that after 10 pulls in the anniversary banner and gaining loads of new, different medals, the most damaging medal I have is still my Meowjesty. Big thanks to whoever it was that talked me into guilting 4 of them. I may just stick Attack Boost III Max on one since I don't see me getting anyone stronger for a while.

Famassu

Any medals I should be looking out for that do that, or are they abilities?

Or am I setting out to lower his defense 3 times in the first 3 slots and hammer him down with the last 2 plus friend slot?
You need a medal with dispel that gets rid of Ira's STR buff. I think Belle (speed) has an AOE dispel and Alice has a single targe dispel, either one will do. There are others as well (recently you could get Illustrated Belle & Beast that not only dispels buffs from enemies, but also raises STR 3 tiers). Did Anti-Form Sora have dispel?

Kitoro

You need a medal with dispel that gets rid of Ira's STR buff. I think Belle (speed) has an AOE dispel and Alice has a single targe dispel, either one will do. There are others as well (recently you could get Illustrated Belle & Beast that not only dispels buffs from enemies, but also raises STR 3 tiers). Did Anti-Form Sora have dispel?

Thanks so much for the help! Alice made it a breeze!

Skittles

Anti form does have a dispel as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So there are a few missions that I'm working through that seem nearly impossible without super whale setups. Mission 525 for example. Dude has like 25-30 health bars and you need to kill it in one turn?

c-murph

So there are a few missions that I'm working through that seem nearly impossible without super whale setups. Mission 525 for example. Dude has like 25-30 health bars and you need to kill it in one turn?

Yeah, I found there was nothing you could do until you guilted more medals and have a booster or two.

Yeah, that one was ridiculous. I was only able to get that objective after the Union update with an extra attack trait on my J&S and a stupidly strong friend medal. It is so much harder without an iBnB sadly (speaking from experience). Fortunately a lot of the other boss' objectives aren't as bad imo.

Just did my 4th pull.
Got Boss Marluxia and World of Chaos.

8By1Mqv.png

My magic set up is finally pretty good now I think.
Current set up I get 6 str, and 5 magic str.
I can't wait to replace C&D with iKairi2.
Really want to do my 5th pull now because I think I can maybe do really good for High Score Challenge now if I get iKairi2.

Thinking of putting a skill on her.
Should I put an Attack Boost 2?
Or heavily invest with an AB3, AB3 max, AB4, or AB3&AP+&Lux+?

Or maybe wait until the Coliseum is done this month and use AB3 max&SP2 on her?
My Male B has extra attack on her.(only had like 9 or so Male B, and didn't get extra 1000 attack which sucks because she is boosted :/)

Opinions on what do?

Credo

This may have been answered elsewhere, but will two Extra Attack - 40% Power traits stack so that you get two extra attacks? Or is it pointless to have more than one? I doubt I'll ever have that come up anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

This may have been answered elsewhere, but will two Extra Attack - 40% Power traits stack so that you get two extra attacks? Or is it pointless to have more than one? I doubt I'll ever have that come up anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

I think I heard that's the only trait you can get once.

Skittles

they do not stack

Psxphile

I'm almost done with the 5th union board...

Guess I will start saving my coins after that one is done unless they reset?

Notice says they reset, i.e. "you can't use coins gained from a previous event for new ones" or something. Not sure if this new event will be a reset though... probably, though.

Union Cross is boring and slow to grind. I should probably finish a few boards though...

My biggest issue is the boards are random.

And when a Dark Side pops up, it's usually just quicker to leave and find a new lobby.
Darkside isn't that hard, just long, and it wouldn't be that bad, if we got a lot more coins from it.

deanote666

Even doing the darkside quest from beginning to end with an egg in there, it is one of the least coin givers out of the beta cross quests.

I got 13 mirrors from the 5 boards and have 777 coins left over... At least that balanced out, lol.

Even doing the darkside quest from beginning to end with an egg in there, it is one of the least coin givers out of the beta cross quests.

I got 13 mirrors from the 5 boards and have 777 coins left over... At least that balanced out, lol.

So 5 was the max?
80 jewels a board, 5 jewels.
400 free jewels aint too bad.

I really don't like not knowing when one multiplayer event will end and the next will begin - I only finished one board, would have done more if I'd known it was only going to last a week (assuming it does get completely replaced). Hopefully the "real" events will tell us end dates.

I really don't like not knowing when one multiplayer event will end and the next will begin - I only finished one board, would have done more if I'd known it was only going to last a week (assuming it does get completely replaced). Hopefully the "real" events will tell us end dates.

Turns out the 'old' ones are still here I think.
But yeah I really wish we'd know when they expire because don't wanna miss out on the free jewels.

They added 3 new boards, 50 for male moogle, 50 for female moogle. and a new magic mirror board for 80. And it says Magic Mirror 1... so there might be more after that?

Famassu

When am I supposed to be able to do the proud quests? I don't think I'm going to get all my medals guilted anytime soon.
When your Keyblades (MoG especially, it's used relatively extensively early on) are high enough level and your selection of medals is strong & varied enough (don't throw away attack medals ever, at this point, except maybe farmable ones if you have a varied enough selection of premium ones). Some of the "you can only use medals with Sp cost of 2 or lower" & such limitations might mean that your hardest hitters like Meowjesty that would usually push you through those quests with ease are useless and you might notice yourself having to rely on medals you don't use much otherwise.

Medals don't necessarily have to be guilted.

EDIT: Stroke of Midnight adamantine ore quests are a-go! Already have mine @ lvl 25 since I used my MoG ores on it. :D
EDIT#2: Lol @ this Pt. 4. Good luck getting through without several of the somewhat recent P2W medals & otherwise some pretty specific medals. You'll want to have
-strong healing
-APP or SP gauge healage
-strong defense
-dispel
-own buffs
-medals that ignore attributes or don't have an attribute

basically, without illustrated B&B and iKH2Kairi (preferably with DBIII or Second Change, the second enemy hits haaaaaard pre-emptively) + at least one or two guilted medals like Jack Skellington, BC Mickey, Xigbar A or the more recent ones that ignore attributes, good luck with this, lol

When your Keyblades (MoG especially, it's used relatively extensively early on) are high enough level and your selection of medals is strong & varied enough (don't throw away attack medals ever, at this point, except maybe farmable ones if you have a varied enough selection of premium ones). Some of the "you can only use medals with Sp cost of 2 or lower" & such limitations might mean that your hardest hitters like Meowjesty that would usually push you through those quests with ease are useless and you might notice yourself having to rely on medals you don't use much otherwise.

Medals don't necessarily have to be guilted.
The first one says I need them to at least have 40% guilt (if I'm reading that correctly). I have been keeping the most recent medals I pulled, but I still don't really have that many. I'm on the JP side, so it will probably be a bit easier to get jewels and do some pulls once there's a good campaign.

Famassu

The first one says I need them to at least have 40% guilt (if I'm reading that correctly). I have been keeping the most recent medals I pulled, but I still don't really have that many. I'm on the JP side, so it will probably be a bit easier to get jewels and do some pulls once there's a good campaign.
Ok, but it's just the requirement for that particular quest. Others have requirements that don't require the medals to be guilted though those will make things far easier.

Still, don't worry about the Proud Mode too much. You get some extra jewels for ever 5 quests you can do but otherwise the Proud Mode is somewhat useless until you're strong enough to push yourself through far enough that you can get enough materials to level up the Proud Mode keyblade(Sleeping Lion or something) past +20.

Remember, the requirement only applies to using special attacks. You can bring along any medals you want at all, just not use their special attack unless they meet the requirement.

Ok, but it's just the requirement for that particular quest. Others have requirements that don't require the medals to be guilted though those will make things far easier.
Yeah, I know it's for that one only, but it's the first one unfortunately :D I'll go back to ignoring them for the time being.
Remember, the requirement only applies to using special attacks. You can bring along any medals you want at all, just not use their special attack unless they meet the requirement.
I did notice that, but I'm not doing enough damage without the abilities (certainly not enough to 1-turn everyone).

When am I supposed to be able to do the proud quests? I don't think I'm going to get all my medals guilted anytime soon.

First 2 were super annoying.
If you have a guilted Male B use that.
It made Proud Quest 1 and 2 very easy.
The rest after that are easier. Some of them are.

Turns out the 'old' ones are still here I think.
But yeah I really wish we'd know when they expire because don't wanna miss out on the free jewels.

They added 3 new boards, 50 for male moogle, 50 for female moogle. and a new magic mirror board for 80. And it says Magic Mirror 1... so there might be more after that?

Once I updated the game they were gone. ;-;
That's like 250ish jewels down the drain cause I didn't completely finish Magic Mirror set 2.. and didn't do set 3-5.

Well least this time they have an expiration date.

deanote666

So 5 was the max?
80 jewels a board, 5 jewels.
400 free jewels aint too bad.

Max of 5 boards in the beta. 13 mirrors, 400 jewels. Various exp, munny medals in the mix.

Now we have 8 boards to do...

Edit: Looks like we get chat phrases when we clear cross boards too.

Vexen B is Reversed Magic... yay?

Vexen B [AOE, 1 SP cost] Increases S DEF+1 and M DEF+1 for 4 turns and recovers HP. Deals more damage the more turns have passed.

Top Bottom