• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Hawk269

Steam download completed and ready to go! From what I understand, this unlocks at midnight, so being in california I have about 5 hours and around 23 minutes as of this posting. Can't wait to play and with SWTOR going down for maintenance, nothing to get in my way of playing!!

Again, if anyone wants to share Steam names for comparing Achievments my name is " Stateless " on Steam!

Klyka

Banned
That was pretty damn cool Klyka. Since you are playing on PC, any tweaks you made to the game via the driver or any other software to make it look even better? Please share any of that info as well.

Just did all the stuff described in that one tweak thread on the official forums.

I force the following via my Nvidia drivers:

16x AF
32x AA
8x Transparency AA
High Quality Texture Filtering
Negative LOD bia = Clamp

Makes the game look pretty bling.

Also, here's my dude after 11hours of playtime:
ZnSDl.jpg

QYbWM.png

Wallach

Steam download completed and ready to go! From what I understand, this unlocks at midnight, so being in california I have about 5 hours and around 23 minutes as of this posting. Can't wait to play and with SWTOR going down for maintenance, nothing to get in my way of playing!!

Again, if anyone wants to share Steam names for comparing Achievments my name is " Stateless " on Steam!

Should be 6 and a half hours from now if it unlocks at midnight PST.

shaowebb

I'm Shaowebb on steam.
Using the calculator I got 91 finesse 21 sorcery 4 might. Finesse may go back up in my point distribution though to get better weapon stats. Haven't calculated my plus/minuses on this build. Idea is to use fire and lightning a lot in weapons and to use finesse boosts for my dodge and spacing game.
I want to cover as many targets as I can per attack and be able to run from anything in this game. Finesse with some magic lightly thrown in to up the weapon bonuses for certain weapons I'll forge and socket gems into seems the way to go for that.

BTW which stateless on steam? Theres a ton of em. Whats your avatar or whatever so we know who to friend request.

Klyka

Banned
Are you playing on hard? And how are you making so much money to "potion spamming"?

Making money is pretty easy, especially if you start selling some of your crafted stuff, like useless sagecrafted gems for example.

Still, health potions are like 120 gold per minor potions and even 11 hours in those still fill up my entire healthbar.

And I've been playing on hard from the start.

Just watch that guy's stream he posted up there, you can see that he can fuck up however he wants (which he apparently wants a lot) and just spam potions without a problem to progress.

It's all a bit sad and I'm hoping for a cooldown being added.

They had to have made that choice on purpose, otherwise they have the worst play-testers on the planet, because it would be impossible for it to not come up that potions were negating the harder difficulty setting.

shaowebb

My copy has shipped! YES!

I pre-ordered this game early last year.lol

You are a better man than I. Thanks for making me aware that SOMEONE had figured out how to do a Western RPG right. Feels good to comeback to this and find myself enjoying the level system and combat in one of these games.

Also Q how are you calculating those stats man? That calculator is helping me figure out how to build for stuff, but I'm having trouble figuring out bonuses like what you're posting.

vaelic

Banned
all user posted comments about potions thus far

------

some posts on the matter from this forum

Potions absolutely break this game. Insta, no limit to carry, no drinking animation to stall character, super cheap.
-----------

Unstable Potions have a cooldown so I can't see why they don't just slap that onto regular potions.

----------

Hopefully they will implement some sort of cooldown or heal-over-time effect rather than instant healing.

------------

Its a shame about potions, but I can easily just limit myself to 10 at a time.

Wish more games were like MH and had long ass potion drinking animations.

--------------

Potions cost next to nothing, hard mode does not change this. Hard mode is baby easy mode with infinite potions.

----------

Still, health potions are like 120 gold per minor potions and even 11 hours in those still fill up my entire healthbar.

And I've been playing on hard from the start.

Just watch that guy's stream he posted up there, you can see that he can fuck up however he wants (which he apparently wants a lot) and just spam potions without a problem to progress.

It's all a bit sad and I'm hoping for a cooldown being added.

-----------------

They had to have made that choice on purpose, otherwise they have the worst play-testers on the planet, because it would be impossible for it to not come up that potions were negating the harder difficulty setting.

ParityBit

I don't get it. Rather than complain, why not stop using potions? You don't need he game to regulate you if you feel this way. It's a single player game .....

Rommel

Feel free to add me on steam too... Rommel... might be easier to search for my email address panzer481 at hotmail dot com

Almost done preloading! :D

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have an exact time on when the embargo is lifted?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Speaking of steam... are out of couuntry steam users just fucked?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I watched Curt mingle with the celebs and athletes the last few days. Really going through that "door to door" type of campaigning. Loving it. Even gave Tim Tebow a copy. Good on you!

Blackace, couldn't you do something proxy based? YOu're in Japan right? OR, in the Steam trade thread, there's a nice (UK based) user who is buying it for folks and taking PP funds since it's 47USD there. I had a similar hook up today but from a separate gaffer.

shaowebb

Nah, I'm just a nut.

You know this is twice you've brought a game genre I had grown too disappointed to stick with to back to my attention with an incredible title. First Bioshock and now Reckoning. My life is better for this.

31% setup on steam so far. Cmooooooooooooooooon baby! I wants to screenshot.

You know this is twice you've brought a game genre I had grown too disappointed to stick with to back to my attention with an incredible title. First Bioshock and now Reckoning. My life is better for this.

31% setup on steam so far. Cmooooooooooooooooon baby! I wants to screenshot.

I also bought you Dues Ex: Human Revolution. hint. hint.

ReaperXL7

I have a feeling that when I get it sometime tomarrow my tune will change but I'm regretting getting the CE if only because I won't be able to start it till weds at the earliest. Lol still can't wait for it though got a good feeling its going to be quality. Anyone want me to post some pics of the CE I'll try to do it before I go to work tomarrow. I'm also sure if the community wants it that much that BHG will look into the potion issues, they have always seemed keen to listen to feedback, and willing to try and fix what they can.

shaowebb

Anyone interested in my warsworn TF2 helmets? They were a pre-order bonus on Steam and I dont TF2. I'd like to sell em for some cheapo magic the gathering decks in duel of the planeswalkers.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I watched Curt mingle with the celebs and athletes the last few days. Really going through that "door to door" type of campaigning. Loving it. Even gave Tim Tebow a copy. Good on you!

Blackace, couldn't you do something proxy based? YOu're in Japan right? OR, in the Steam trade thread, there's a nice (UK based) user who is buying it for folks and taking PP funds since it's 47USD there. I had a similar hook up today but from a separate gaffer.

don't have PP.... wish I did.. FUCK want this on the PC

Hambone

8QqVh.jpg

Now the waiting game.

I'll be in bed before the game unlocks, so how sad is it that I'm thinking about getting up an hour before I normally do to get some playtime in before I go to work. :/

Hawk269

I'm Shaowebb on steam.
Using the calculator I got 91 finesse 21 sorcery 4 might. Finesse may go back up in my point distribution though to get better weapon stats. Haven't calculated my plus/minuses on this build. Idea is to use fire and lightning a lot in weapons and to use finesse boosts for my dodge and spacing game.
I want to cover as many targets as I can per attack and be able to run from anything in this game. Finesse with some magic lightly thrown in to up the weapon bonuses for certain weapons I'll forge and socket gems into seems the way to go for that.

BTW which stateless on steam? Theres a ton of em. Whats your avatar or whatever so we know who to friend request.

My avatar is the main guy from Deus Ex. I did not know that there could be more that one user name for friends on Steam. Kind of weird that they did that.

Chrysalis

I don't get it. Rather than complain, why not stop using potions? You don't need he game to regulate you if you feel this way. It's a single player game .....

It's just a matter of balance. The player shouldn't have to come up with custom rules to make the game retain some challenge. I felt the same way about the vita chambers in Bioshock. Leave that crap in easy mode.

Also, eschewing potions entirely might make the game TOO hard. In that case, the player has to decide what amount of potions are "fair", which muddies the water even more. Just bad game design.

scy

For all the potions complaints, Reckoning cheeses hard fights infinitely more. And you get bonus EXP for doing it.

Just saying.

Anyway, I finished one of the factions (
The House of Ballads
) and the reward is ... well, pretty good:

Permanent +10% Faeblade Damage, +6% Mana, 3% Chance to Steal 5 HP; technically speaking, +6% Hammer Damage and +2% Critical also since their Lorestones are in the area and super easy to get all of them.

Also nabbed nearly 20k from the boss fight too. Not too shabby.

Just did all the stuff described in that one tweak thread on the official forums.

I force the following via my Nvidia drivers:

16x AF
32x AA
8x Transparency AA
High Quality Texture Filtering
Negative LOD bia = Clamp

Makes the game look pretty bling.

Also, here's my dude after 11hours of playtime:
ZnSDl.jpg

QYbWM.png

Have a link handy to the thread? I'd think that'd be something good to put in the first post.

dokish

Banned

Pretty much this.

But hey, you will always find people who complain about things. Even if they are stupid (I'm not saying that the potion thing is).

I can relate to the feeling, despise the fact that this not bother me. But jeez, can't you get over it?

People failed to realize this: if you are SPAMMING potions, that means that you are in freaking need of them, A LOT, huh? People say "hard is not too hard", and then says "cuz I can potion-spam lololol". Well... The message is clear. Someone is getting their asskicked and are complaining that are too many potions.

Let's say that you can only carry 30 potions: People would say "Damn! I get killed everytime. Well, at least I can save anywhere".

And then some people will say "Nah, too easy. I wish I could have savepoints".

:|||

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thank god! Selling loot in Skyrim was awful. Having to wait 48 hours in the middle of loot selling because the vendor is jack out of cash.

Ahahahaha. I think he's saying that save ---> smack the vendor ----> reload thing is not in this game but rather in Skyrim. When you do it vendor will re-roll his/her inventory and his/her money will be reset. Very useful so you don't have to hop around or waiting for 48 hours game-time to look for things that you want.

Sothpaw

Pretty much this.

But hey, you will always find people who complain about things. Even if they are stupid (I'm not saying that the potion thing is).

I can relate to the feeling, despise the fact that this not bother me. But jeez, can't you get over it?

People failed to realize this: if you are SPAMMING potions, that means that you are in freaking need of them, A LOT, huh? People say "hard is not too hard", and then says "cuz I can potion-spam lololol". Well... The message is clear. Someone is getting their asskicked and are complaining that are too many potions.

Let's say that you can only carry 30 potions: People would say "Damn! I get killed everytime. Well, at least I can save anywhere".

And then some people will say "Nah, too easy. I wish I could have savepoints".

:|||

I think people are upset because the game is really fun and a simple cooldown on potions would add so much to the experience.

graywolf323

my preload in Steam is almost finished :D

but I hate that it unlocks at midnight pacific time >_<

no love for the east coast? weird since they are located up in Rhode Island

ReaperXL7

For all the potions complaints, Reckoning cheeses hard fights infinitely more. And you get bonus EXP for doing it.

Just saying.

Anyway, I finished one of the factions (
The House of Ballads
) and the reward is ... well, pretty good:

Permanent +10% Faeblade Damage, +6% Mana, 3% Chance to Steal 5 HP; technically speaking, +6% Hammer Damage and +2% Critical also since their Lorestones are in the area and super easy to get all of them.

Also nabbed nearly 20k from the boss fight too. Not too shabby.

Anyway you can be more specific in how its cheesing the fights? Not arguing because I have not played yet,just curious.

Top Bottom