• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

scy

What does this mean?

Should I not level a skill completely until I've visited (and used) all of the trainers? If I completely max out Detect Hidden and then find a DH trainer, the trainer is now useless?

You can respec, visit the trainer, and then place your points. That's what I'd do rather than keeping skills low (below 4 points) until you use them. The entire first area (everything to the
left of Ysa on the map
) will be the first set of Trainers that you can buy skills from; there's multiples of most the trainers but they'll still just give you the one point. So, once you get that one point from them, feel free to put more points into the skill.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are likely that you'll be able to use almost all of the trainers when you see them and then just respec and grab the last few. That's what I had to do for Detect Hidden and Alchemy; respec and then quick travel to a trainer.

I'm fightning the Maid! How can I kill her? I'm full sorcery, so not enough room. A lot of sprites flying around, and she basically one-hit kill me.

... Also, she summons one BIG skeleton motherf*

Wait, a
skeleton? I know she summons a Thresh at one point. If you have Reckoning, pop it and the fight is easy since everything dies when she does. If you don't, I don't know. I just Poison Blinked around and flung my Chakram until things started doing. I eventually just went and grinded Reckoning so I can get the EXP boost here for ~18k EXP

@Hats: Wait, they're worth something? Hmm...

graywolf323

Fuck yeah! Those hats just got me $29 in cash auctioning them on Steam's TF2 community forum. Dude is paying through paypal and will be on when they unlock to trade. We've already setup a way through collateral to guarantee neither screws over the other too to make it trustworthy.

Steam's pre-order bonus just paid for Half my game!

wait, you can sell hats somewhere? link?

I have hats that random people keep messaging me trying to trade for (and I can tell they are trying to rip me off) but never knew you could sell them

Syrionus

Neo Member
Home, eating Mac and cheese from WaWa, installing on my 360. So...close. Hey I want a t-shirt. Curt, you have to get a store put up on the website so we can purchase a t-shirt. Just finished installing...see you later GAf...and enjoy!

shaowebb

wait, you can sell hats somewhere? link?

I have hats that random people keep messaging me trying to trade for (and I can tell they are trying to rip me off) but never knew you could sell them

I simply clicked community on steam, searched for team fortress 2 and clicked chat on their community. I announced I was elling those hats for $1 dollar magic the gathering decks, then a bidding war ensued until they surpassed the 19 decks available to buy me and they started shouting out dollar amounts until I had a $29 winfall. Shit was crazy.

Home, eating Mac and cheese from WaWa, installing on my 360. So...close. Hey I want a t-shirt. Curt, you have to get a store put up on the website so we can purchase a t-shirt. Just finished installing...see you later GAf...and enjoy!

Man I would so buy a shirt of every fate card. Or one shirt with all of them. Those cards are slick.

Wallach

Been playing for an hour or so. There's definitely been a fair bit of polishing done, lots of small things are different. Few shots of my... uh, the blue elf guys:

GrrJv.jpg

INKHn.jpg

cvzhE.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If I had somewhere else I could go at midnight I would ;)

I'll happily wait the extra 12 hours I won't be playing the game anyway and get it from Amazon, if it means I don't have to step into a walmart.

More power to you, though. I'm too old for midnight releases.

I would just pick up the game, come home, and fall asleep. I wouldn't be playing the game until tomorrow evening anyway.

scy

Dang, the Epic Gems you can craft (and then use as a component in Blacksmithing...) are pretty good. +1 Skills, -20% Casting Cost, 75% Chance of Reverse Procs, etc.

Boss spoilers:

Maid...holy crap. Impossible.

With Reckoning: Super easy.

Without Reckoning: Holy shit.

shaowebb

Man I'm now chatting it up with the guy who bought those hats waiting to send them in another few hours. This guy is cool. He's about my age and we're shooting the shit about our countries and places we've been and the industries we've worked in.

I think I've made a buddy. :)

Dresden

Man I'm now chatting it up with the guy who bought those hats waiting to send them in another few hours. This guy is cool. He's about my age and we're shooting the shit about our countries and places we've been and the industries we've worked in.

He's just gathering information before he stiffs you.

shaowebb

He's just gathering information before he stiffs you.

Be a neat trick considering part of the cash is up front as collateral, and not every hat is sent at once. We set this deal up tight so neither could screw the other. Guy seems pretty cool.

Tendo

I have tried searching but can't seem to find it, but where do I get the fate touched weapons pack for pre ordering on Origin? I haven't seen any notice in game and haven't gotten a DLC code. The chest in Ghort only contained the ME3 demo goodies. Any ideas?

shaowebb

I have tried searching but can't seem to find it, but where do I get the fate touched weapons pack for pre ordering on Origin? I haven't seen any notice in game and haven't gotten a DLC code. The chest in Ghort only contained the ME3 demo goodies. Any ideas?

Oh man thats right I'm gettin ME3 goods too since I bought the steam version that I played the demo of forever... Can those be traded or gifted?

What does this mean?

Should I not level a skill completely until I've visited (and used) all of the trainers? If I completely max out Detect Hidden and then find a DH trainer, the trainer is now useless?

One thing that I think is important to remember about skill points is that you can have something like Stealth maxed out and still buy points in it from a trainer. Then you can buy a respec and all the points you put into things as you reached each new level get reset, but all the points you bought from a trainer stay where you had bought them.

Ken

The Reckoning hats show up as untradeable for me?

Khezu

Fuck yeah! Those hats just got me $29 in cash auctioning them on Steam's TF2 community forum. Dude is paying through paypal and will be on when they unlock to trade. We've already setup a way through collateral to guarantee neither screws over the other too to make it trustworthy.

Steam's pre-order bonus just paid for Half my game!

Valve has really created a monster, holy shit.

shaowebb

The Reckoning hats show up as untradeable for me?

What you do is right click a friends name and at the bottom is invite to trade. From there you can drag and drop items from any games inventory into a trade window to send. Once the hats drop into my inventory they should be trade able no matter what. The hats should appear after I open the game in another hour too.

What happened to yours? For that matter how'd you even get them an hour early from steam considering the game shouldn't be playable yet? Im confused here...

Ken

What you do is right click a friends name and at the bottom is invite to trade. From there you can drag and drop items from any games inventory into a trade window to send. Once the hats drop into my inventory they should be trade able no matter what. The hats should appear after I open the game in another hour too.

What happened to yours? For that matter how'd you even get them an hour early from steam considering the game shouldn't be playable yet? Im confused here...
No idea. I had them like 2 days ago. I looked at them in the place with all my other hats and they say they can't be traded.

shaowebb

No idea. I had them like 2 days ago. I looked at them in the place with all my other hats and they say they can't be traded.

Likely because the game isn't supposed to be out on steam and playable for another hour. If you could trade those hats before it was even available it'd likely make them worthless to TF2 players as an incentive to pre-order Reckoning then wouldn't it? I'm betting they'll open up for you soon to mess with. My inventory doesn't show them yet and I'm not looking at the TF2 one, just the steam one. Once they appear in there I should be good to go.

Are yours in your Steam inventory area as well or just your game inventory?

str8-h4x

As a guy who isn't into fantasy or rpgs, I sure am loving this! Maybe ill give skyrim a go next. Incumberance (sp?) Is a pita though. I made a flaming long sword that's awesome though. I'm level 4.

Ken

Likely because the game isn't supposed to be out on steam and playable for another hour. If you could trade those hats before it was even available it'd likely make them worthless to TF2 players as an incentive to pre-order Reckoning then wouldn't it? I'm betting they'll open up for you soon to mess with. My inventory doesn't show them yet and I'm not looking at the TF2 one, just the steam one. Once they appear in there I should be good to go.

Are yours in your Steam inventory area as well or just your game inventory?
Both inventories.

Einbroch

Banned
Do it, it can change up what card you receive depending, at least it did for the warsworn one, not the fae one.

Oh nice. I'll probably save and load to see what both are, and unless one is majorly better than the other, I'll go with whatever my initial decision was.

Oh nice. I'll probably save and load to see what both are, and unless one is majorly better than the other, I'll go with whatever my initial decision was.

I've found that a game like this with immense replay value, it's just best to go with your initial decision and don't go back. Save something for the next play through.

shaowebb

a McRib? Is this some inside joke? :-/

I made an edit to his old avatar of Firebrand that gave him a McRib for a penis. You see it was a really messedup pic that said "care to see my hidden missile" or something and I had a running gag over a loop he performed in UMVC3. It was a loop where he ate a shit loads of McRibs IRL. Anyhow I kept the running gag going and editted his avatar to have a McRib for a penis.

It now THROBS for Amalur and dangles McRib sauce in anticipation. Think about THAT when you play people. Think about that...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I made an edit to his old avatar of Firebrand that gave him a McRib for a penis. You see it was a really messedup pic that said "care to see my hidden missile" or something and I had a running gag over a loop he performed in UMVC3. It was a loop where he ate a shit loads of McRibs IRL. Anyhow I kept the running gag going and editted his avatar to have a McRib for a penis.

It now THROBS for Amalur and dangles McRib sauce in anticipation. Think about THAT when you play people. Think about that...

You are a horrible man

Damn that quest involving
killing 10 Yolvan in this cave
was freaking awesome. I am playing as a stealth rogue and the stealth kill animations against those giants never grows old.

There are these games where the impact of weapons does not really 'hit' but in this game each blow you make and take actually feels like one. This makes each kill very satisfying and that is not something that I have witnessed in an RPG before.

The level designers need to be rewarded for their work put into some of these dungeons/caves etc. I have seen stuff that made me wow a couple of times in terms of art design. Some of us were amazed by Skyrim's dungeons but this is a whole other level.

Oh by the way. In case someone wondered: I have been playing for 15 hours and I already got 100k gold. Lol.

Top Bottom