• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Einbroch

Banned
You guys need potions? I'm on Hard, played both some Mage and then a Warrior class, and never have to spam potions.

And yes, Reckoning makes boss fights a complete joke. To the honest, the game is pretty easy. Not saying it's a bad thing, but if you're spamming potions, you're not playing it right.

matmanx1

Wooohooo glad I checked this thread before I headed off to bed tonight. My Steam pre-load is started so I can not worry about getting up in the middle of the night. I'll get up a little early tomorrow morning and roll my character and get the game started before heading off to work.

Tomorrow at work is going to be torture because I know what I've got waiting for me when I get home!

scy

Anyway you can be more specific in how its cheesing the fights? Not arguing because I have not played yet,just curious.

Well,
pop Reckoning and you basically have free reign to do whatever. I've yet to find a fight where I can't DPS down the boss (or boss + entire room) before Reckoning runs out. You do massive amounts of damage and are practically invulnerable so it's pretty hard to die with it up. And then get +100% EXP extra on top of it all.
Maybe "cheese" is the wrong word but it's pretty ridiculous.

Edit: Though, to be fair, there's been two fights where I'm not sure I could have won at all if not for Reckoning being used.

Heading over to GameStop now to meet and greet with Ken Rolston and some other big Huge Games people. There are like a ton of people in the parking lot for some reason.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL I see why they nerfed Universalist now. There is a fucking minus 20% equip requirement ring in the game... that would of been 70% LOL that would of been broken XD

legbone

well, it came down to this or the darkness II. i can't see amalur getting a price drop anytime soon. i think the darkness will get a price drop in two months or so. so amalur it is. walmart says they will have it at midnight. looks like i'm going for a drive.

Wallach

well, it came down to this or the darkness II. i can't see amalur getting a price drop anytime soon. i think the darkness will get a price drop in two months or so. so amalur it is. walmart says they will have it at midnight. looks like i'm going for a drive.

Right call. Darkness II is mad short, better rental than purchase.

Get pictures!
Here you go.

Outside (there is a table with hot dogs apparently):

mdeqUl.jpg

Inside:

8zYJRl.jpg

Also there's some kind of raffle, not sure for what. I'd say there are about a hundred people here. And it's about 37 degrees out, very cold! No sign of the old man yet.

legbone

s
Why do you not see that this will drop in price? What version are you buying?

I see both games dropping quick.

i just don't think amalur will get a price drop anytime soon. i think it is going to get rave reviews and sell pretty well. usually when a title gets rave reviews and sells well, it holds its value. i may be wrong but i'm betting it will be a good 6 months before it sees a price drop.

shaowebb

God DAMN! I got a chatroom bidding war for my hat preorder. I'm after Magic the Gathering decks and so far they keep trying to outbid each other. Dudes are offering their entire coupon inventories +several decks now

cackhyena

I was so hyped for this game. Playing the demo with that awful camera, coupled with the fact that i got into the latest Diablo 3 beta round has completely left me cold. *sadface*

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Could you send money via wire or something to a gaffer? THere has to be a way to help you out.

I will hit the trading thread and see if anyone wants a game that I can buy over here... that's all I got.. :(

scy

LOL I see why they nerfed Universalist now. There is a fucking minus 20% equip requirement ring in the game... that would of been 70% LOL that would of been broken XD

There's also a -10% Lorestone and some Unique and Set equipment with -Equip Requirement.

Mattiator

I originally tried Amalur just for the mass effect 3 bonuses; however, I was pleasantly surprised. Fun combat, stroy seems good, pretty to look at, my kinda game.

Wallach

I think the PC release date activation was moved to 12 PM EST rather than PST (at least on Origin). Which is in ten minutes.

Edit - Yep, 10 minutes.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think the PC release date activation was moved to 12 PM EST rather than PST (at least on Origin). Which is in ten minutes.

Edit - Yep, 10 minutes.

Looks at DL, 37% in about 3:30 hours. Gonna miss the early parade. Wish this was up like noon today on Steam pre-load. It's almost midnight now.

Syrionus

Neo Member
The store I had reserved KOAR at, wasn't doing a midnight release. So I went and got it at another one that was doing a midnight release. Bought and on my way home now.

One more day before this shows up from Gamefly for me. Too poor to buy it until the 15th. Cheers, midnighters!

With all the comments about the game's difficulty, the OT title seems more appropriate now.

Interested to see how the difficulty fares towards the end.

shaowebb

its after midnight I got a $28 hat bid on steam and its not letting me play yet! Oh god release this to me steam and set me free!

scy

Finally found Trainers that'll get me a second freebie point in my skills. I guess that means there's three of them in total so you can get +3 to all your skills for free (...well, for 15k a pop).

You'd think they would have had this region unlocking sorted already. It's Tuesday here now too!

Exactly, It's 12:28 here now, and it's definitely Feb 7th!! but for some reason i need to wit till 3am to be able to play. lol I guess they are just worried about me being able to be up for work....

Ken Rolston and company:

x6t50l.jpg

My signed poster and game, plus T-shirt:

dSLwil.jpg

It was pretty cool, I chatted with Ken for a minute or two about his appearances on Weekend Confirmed/the Giant Bombcast. There was a also crowd of Big Huge employees outside the store cheering when people left the store game in hand.

Finally found Trainers that'll get me a second freebie point in my skills. I guess that means there's three of them in total so you can get +3 to all your skills for free (...well, for 15k a pop).

What does this mean?

Should I not level a skill completely until I've visited (and used) all of the trainers? If I completely max out Detect Hidden and then find a DH trainer, the trainer is now useless?

dokish

Banned
For all the potions complaints, Reckoning cheeses hard fights infinitely more. And you get bonus EXP for doing it.

Just saying.

Anyway, I finished one of the factions (
The House of Ballads
) and the reward is ... well, pretty good:

Permanent +10% Faeblade Damage, +6% Mana, 3% Chance to Steal 5 HP; technically speaking, +6% Hammer Damage and +2% Critical also since their Lorestones are in the area and super easy to get all of them.

Also nabbed nearly 20k from the boss fight too. Not too shabby.

I'm fightning the Maid! How can I kill her? I'm full sorcery, so not enough room. A lot of sprites flying around, and she basically one-hit kill me.

... Also, she summons one BIG skeleton motherf*

shaowebb

Fuck yeah! Those hats just got me $29 in cash auctioning them on Steam's TF2 community forum. Dude is paying through paypal and will be on when they unlock to trade. We've already setup a way through collateral to guarantee neither screws over the other too to make it trustworthy.

Steam's pre-order bonus just paid for Half my game!

Top Bottom