• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

artsi

Just watched the film. And I thought this was total bullshit.
The way Regis died was complete bullshit. He barely put up a fight, and the way Clarus died was also bullshit. How the hell can a general overpower a king with the power to summon swords Couldn't Regis just activate armiger.
I still believe the OG regis would have kicked serious ass.

But that was the whole idea.
They even brought it up themselves how they're getting old. They never stood a chance against a Kingsglaive commander in his prime.

The point was always about handing the throne to the new king, Noctis.

Caffeine

so nyx works for the king protects his ass does work for him and they cant pay him enough to get him out of that shitty apartment lmao

Arkeband

Banned
Just watched the film. And I thought this was total bullshit.
The way Regis died was complete bullshit. He barely put up a fight, and the way Clarus died was also bullshit. How the hell can a general overpower a king with the power to summon swords Couldn't Regis just activate armiger.
I still believe the OG regis would have kicked serious ass.

He was fighting a guy who was basically
The Hulk in demonic full plate mail. The only thing that he was weak against was lightning, which apparently his sword could diffuse so that advantage didnt' last long, although Regis should have just Thundaga'd him for a few minutes straight until he was BBQ.

I liked
Glauca's nonsensical yet badass steamy roar thing he did when he delivered the killing blow(s) to Regis,
it felt like Evangelion.

Valonquar

You know the final dungeons in FFXV are going to have multitudes of guys in that armor and they are going to drop like flies... and then we'll get the armor as DLC

Liquid_015

Gold Member
But that was the whole idea.
They even brought it up themselves how they're getting old. They never stood a chance against a Kingsglaive commander in his prime.

The point was always about handing the throne to the new king, Noctis.

That i can understand, but it just seems so nonsensical that the king and his "warriors of light" should have had a better fight sequence regardless of how the film was structured to pass the throne to Nocfis. Even so, Noctis doesn't exactly have a kingdom to rule over. For instance, since the Glaive was borrowing the King's powers how come the other members of the counsel such as Clarus couldn't warp with his sword, and instead they just get wiped out in literally seconds.

He was fighting a guy who was basically
The Hulk in demonic full plate mail. The only thing that he was weak against was lightning, which apparently his sword could diffuse so that advantage didnt' last long, although Regis should have just Thundaga'd him for a few minutes straight until he was BBQ.

I liked
Glauca's nonsensical yet badass steamy roar thing he did when he delivered the killing blow(s) to Regis,
it felt like Evangelion.

I thought the roar thing and the steam or whatever coming off him was because he lost his ability to access Regis' magic, so I thought it was like a... severing of the link kind of thing. But then Nyx didn't react the same way when Regis died so I was just like, "Huh, ok"

Edit -

so nyx works for the king protects his ass does work for him and they cant pay him enough to get him out of that shitty apartment lmao

If anything the movie makes Lucis/Insomnia seem like a really classist, xenophobic, highly traditionalist (magic using) society that I ended up not really liking by the end of the movie.

I'm on team Niflheim.

Ruff

Regis seemed to treat his subjects pretty badly. His own elite guard live in the ghetto, and outsiders in general seem to have rubbish lives. Not sure it was trying very hard to make me root for the guy other than "because" because he looked like a rubbish ruler to me.

Ran rp

Any pictures or gifs? I can't seem to find any of her.

I can see why that Chinese leak from last year confused Luna for Stella:

CnIbd6EVUAAiMcT.jpg

That looks more like Nomura's redesigned Stella rather than the Luna we have now.

CnJE_A_VMAArey1.jpg

So did Glauca die? I remember seeing his character in that info post about the hierarchy of Niflheim. Unless Ravus ends up taking his spot now that he's dead.

Ishida

Banned
A doubt I have...

So, if
the wedding between Noctis and Lunafreya was a demand by Niflheim for the peace treaty, then why are they still getting married after Niflheim trashed Lucis anyway? Why are they treating the wedding as something that MUST happen?

Koozek

A doubt I have...

So, if
the wedding between Noctis and Lunafreya was a demand by Niflheim for the peace treaty, then why are they still getting married after Niflheim trashed Lucis anyway? Why are they treating the wedding as something that MUST happen?

Do they, though? I don't remember the Niffs mentioning it again after the invasion. Isn't it just that Noctis doesn't know what happened and still thinks he's on his way to his marriage before they learn about it?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
A doubt I have...

So, if

Luna is going to Altissa to meet him and pass him the ring, not really for marriage anymore.

Koozek

Nomura didn't design Nyx. That concept one is way better than the version we ended up with though...
Oh, oops. I just remembered why I mixed it up: someone suggested the concept one looked more like a Nomura design than the final one and we discussed that for a while in that thread.

And nah, his final design is great. I'm straight, but man, he looks good. I can see why he's so popular with girls and gays on Twitter, lol.

Arkeband

Banned
A doubt I have...

So, if

They're not, all they cared about was
the ring and the crystal, and the ring only because, apparently Ravus wanted it and because it's a powerful weapon that could be used against them.

They tried to kill Luna to get the ring back, and they're trying to kill Noct in FFXV...

duckroll

Regis seemed to treat his subjects pretty badly. His own elite guard live in the ghetto, and outsiders in general seem to have rubbish lives. Not sure it was trying very hard to make me root for the guy other than "because" because he looked like a rubbish ruler to me.

Regis as per Kingsglaive is a shit-tier ruler.

nOoblet16

It's implied that summoning the new wall is taking a severe toll on Regis and his power is waning as a result. That's why he agrees to the treaty with the Empire to begin with, his strength is failing.

Then why does
Nyx have trouble fighting the general off? That dude doesn't even do magic, which brings me to the question why he was so powerful and able to summon amrour out of his ass without magic?

Tyaren

I really thought they'd make Luna look like that
considering the Duscae ending. Pretty dumb

This is a concept of the game though, not of the movie. Designs do differ a lot in some cases.
I wonder how the game will explain the most important stuff that happened in the movie to the player. Some of it just has to be explained.

Regarding Glauca:
I wonder if it is really just the armor that is handed down from one general to the next. It seems to be a really powerful and important weapon. (Invented by Verstael?) It was even so powerful to go against King Regis and Nyx wielding the power of the KotR. I hope there is a new Glauca in the game since Drautos died.

kurahador

Then why does
Nyx have trouble fighting the general off? That dude doesn't even do magic, which brings me to the question why he was so powerful and able to summon amrour out of his ass without magic?

Because it's a combination of Nifelheim's magic+technology.

Ruff

Then why does

Perhaps
some type of advanced Magitek?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this was a lot better than I ever thought it would be. Although the stuff in the final fight was a bit confusing. Movie got me a little hyped for FFXV which I really wasn't before.

my favourite scene by far is definitely the party scene. obviously the music has a lot to do with that, but I feel like it's the point of the film where everything works in sync the best. the visuals, the acting, the music, the dialogue... I really like that scene. I wish the rest of it was as good.

my favourite scene by far is definitely the party scene. obviously the music has a lot to do with that, but I feel like it's the point of the film where everything works in sync the best. the visuals, the acting, the music, the dialogue... I really like that scene. I wish the rest of it was as good.

lol Really? I thought the party scene was so offensive. It really just felt like, "HEY REMEMBER THIS" but it didn't feel earned to me at all.

Setsu00

Oh, oops. I just remembered why I mixed it up: someone suggested the concept one looked more like a Nomura design than the final one and we discussed that for a while in that thread.

And nah, his final design is great. I'm straight, but man, he looks good. I can see why he's so popular with girls and gays on Twitter, lol.

Johan Akan looks a lot better than Nyx. His weird hairstyle in the movie does him a disservice, but looks completely fine on the more stylized Nyx.

lol Really? I thought the party scene was so offensive. It really just felt like, "HEY REMEMBER THIS" but it didn't feel earned to me at all.
maybe it's cus I had 0 vested interest in vsXIII because I really liked it. :)

I thought it was beautiful, the VA was good (because it was the people who can actually act, lol) and the dialogue between nyx and luna felt the most natural out of all of the dialogue in the film. also that shimomura soundtrack <3

Skilletor

The best scene to me was the treaty signing. Which only makes me sad since, as was mentioned earlier, the imagery from FFv13 was lost, and also...it really just hammers home how much weaker the new stuff we've seen of FF15 is in comparison.

imo imo imo imo

Ishida

Banned
The best scene to me was the treaty signing. Which only makes me sad since, as was mentioned earlier, the imagery from FFv13 was lost, and also...it really just hammers home how much weaker the new stuff we've seen of FF15 is in comparison.

imo imo imo imo

Personally, I think the FFXV versions look a lot better, and more dramatic.

Ah, thanks guys. I guess I just got confused by
Libertus' last line, when he calls her "Queen".
One of many random lines that caused unintended tittering in the theatrical audience I saw it with. All of chubby cornrows guy's lines fell so flat, but this one was delivered with such indecipherable conviction.

Then why was it better and more interesting than AC?

Well, AC is like FF7 meets Dragon Ball Z disguised as fan service for one.

One of many random lines that caused unintended tittering in the theatrical audience I saw it with. All of chubby cornrows guy's lines fell so flat, but this one was delivered with such indecipherable conviction.

The fact that Libertus is likely to be one of the characters from the movie that's also in the game just makes me...

tumblr_m2kuubpq7s1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Top Bottom