• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Mass Attack |OT| More Kirbys, More Power

sfried said:
  1. Get to your Wii and select Nintendo Channel, then choose the DS Demos (DS logo) tab on the bottom.
  2. Choose the first option on the top (Kirby Mass Attack obviously).
  3. While waiting for your Wii to start transmitting, go to your 3DS and choose the Download Play icon on the Home Page.
  4. Choose Nintendo DS. If you wish to start 1:1 mode, hold Start/Select.
  5. At this time, the Wii should start transmitting the demo. The 3DS will now switch to DS mode and begin searching for any demos being transmitted. Choose Kirby Mass Attack Demo on the list that appears.
  6. Enjoy.

No thanks. 3ds shop is bad enough

rpmurphy

For those who live in NYC, Houston, or San Francisco, there's going to be a pre-launch event for the game with free frozen fruit snacks.

For NYC:
press release said:
WHAT:

To give hungry fans a fun way to attack snack time, Nintendo has something special in store for folks in New York City and beyond. On Sept. 14, a customized Kirby Snack Attack Truck will offer frozen fruit treats to fans around New York’s Rockefeller Plaza to help mark the launch of the new Kirby™ Mass Attack game for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. While enjoying these tasty snacks, participants can enjoy hands-on demos of Kirby Mass Attack, in which gobbling up fruit allows players to accumulate a mass of up to 10 Kirbys at a time. In addition to Rockefeller Plaza, the truck will make a special stop at an area school. Other Kirby Snack Attack Trucks will be visiting the San Francisco Bay Area and the aptly named Upper Kirby neighborhood of Houston. The truck tour will culminate in a special visit to the GameStop store in Upper Kirby on Sept. 18.

Launching across the United States on Sept. 19, Kirby Mass Attack is playable on the Nintendo DS family of hand-held game systems – which includes Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™ – as well as the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The game offers a fun twist for new and experienced Kirby fans. Unique touch-screen controls let players control up to 10 Kirbys at a time as they take down enemies and break through obstacles across five colorful, side-scrolling worlds. They can build up a mob of Kirbys by eating fruit, and as their swarm gets bigger and more powerful, they can access new areas and defeat tougher enemies.

For more information about Kirby Mass Attack, visit http://kirbymassattack.com.

WHO:

Kids, adults and video game fans of all ages

WHEN:

Wednesday, Sept. 14: 3 - 6 p.m.

WHERE:

Rockefeller Plaza (near Nintendo World)
10 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020

VISUALS:

New York area residents enjoying the colorful spectacle of the customized Kirby Snack Attack Truck
Kids smiling as they enjoy frozen fruit treats and play Kirby Mass Attack
Consumers enjoying hands-on demos of Kirby Mass Attack

No exact times and locations for SF and Houston yet, but the dates are as follows:
Sept. 14-15: San Francisco Bay Area
Sept. 16-18: Upper Kirby neighborhood, Houston

Excited for this. If Nintendo were smart, they'd launch Kirby's Dream Land 2 on the eShop this Thursday to help get the hype train chugging along.

sfried

ConradCervantes said:
Excited for this. If Nintendo were smart, they'd launch Kirby's Dream Land 2 on the eShop this Thursday to help get the hype train chugging along.
That's quite a good deal. Part of me also want a demo of Return to Dreamland on WiiWare, though.

Still slightly disappointed for no Adeleine.

Rarutos

ConradCervantes said:
Do want! It's the only traditional Kirby platformer I haven't played...

gogojira

Fun demo, I think I'll end up getting this. I was a little put off by the all stylus control, but it's really the only logical way with a million puffballs running around -- it was really fun, and the controls ended up feeling great.

sfried said:
  1. Get to your Wii and select Nintendo Channel, then choose the DS Demos (DS logo) tab on the bottom.
  2. Choose the first option on the top (Kirby Mass Attack obviously).
  3. While waiting for your Wii to start transmitting, go to your 3DS and choose the Download Play icon on the Home Page.
  4. Choose Nintendo DS. If you wish to start 1:1 mode, hold Start/Select.
  5. At this time, the Wii should start transmitting the demo. The 3DS will now switch to DS mode and begin searching for any demos being transmitted. Choose Kirby Mass Attack Demo on the list that appears.
  6. Enjoy.

lol @ Nintendo's absurd, atrocious way of doing anything online related

Utako

Banned
xtrasauce said:
Jesus, this. I won't buy the game without a demo, not after Epic Yarn, and this is a bit demeaning. Nintendo's brand-new platform can't download demos.

sfried

xtrasauce said:
Utako said:
Jesus, this. I won't buy the game without a demo, not after Epic Yarn, and this is a bit demeaning. Nintendo's brand-new platform can't download demos.
Jesus, you people. Either play the demo or don't. But criticizing a game just because of how hard to get the demo is a rather stupid argument.

Dave Long

Banned
This thread needs a bump! I had no idea this was out THIS WEEKEND! Gah!

Look at all those Kirby! Is it a Murder of Kirbies? Kirbys? Kirbii?!

The banned site that you Go to for Nintendo news just put up a little interview with Nintendo/HAL about this game. Can't link because it's banned, but it shouldn't be hard to find on it. Interesting that they didn't really make the connection to the similarities it has with Pikmin themselves.

Sinthetic

So there's no problem with me importing this from America to play on my UK 3DS is there? It's out early next week isn't it? That's over a month earlier than the good ole UK.

zigg

Sinthetic said:
So there's no problem with me importing this from America to play on my UK 3DS is there? It's out early next week isn't it? That's over a month earlier than the good ole UK.

I imported the Japanese version (thoughts here) and played it on a US 3DS, so I imagine not.

isny

napkin dispenser
Sinthetic said:

All DS titles are region free. 3DS games are the first gameboy/ds games/system to be region locked.

zigg

isny said:
All DS titles are region free. 3DS is the first gameboy/ds system to be region locked.

Not all; those that are DSi-enhanced are region-locked. This one is a pure DS title though.

Been playing the US version and loving it! I just wish I had a giant stylus because (not due to the game) I'm starting to get arthritis I think. :(

Sinthetic

Thanks for the quick reply zigg and isny. Next obvious question would be, where (if anywhere) is good for buying from US to UK?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I don't like? That ugly ass font they use for Kirby cover art. They've been using it for, what, five years now? It's so bad.

This game looks great, tho. Charming as hell is definitely apt.

GeekyDad

sfried said:
Jesus, you people. Either play the demo or don't. But criticizing a game just because of how hard to get the demo is a rather stupid argument.

I don't think either of them were criticizing the game; they were being critical of Nintendo's way, way out-of-date online infrastructure, for which they're justified in doing so.

I downloaded the demo, loved it, and I'm sold on the game. Just imagine, though, if you could easily download it from the eShop...you know, kind like an old-ass feature offered on almost every other game-download service. I can routinely download demos of $0.99 iPhone apps. Kirby might actually have some mainstream buzz if Nintendo came out of their cave every once in a great while.

Risible

Is Kirby the most under-appreciated character ever? Sure, he gets some love, but not nearly as much as he deserves. At least it seems that way to me, maybe I'm nuts.

I've loved pretty much every Kirby game I've ever played. I saw the Giantbomb Quick Look and this Kirby seems to be no different, looks like so much fun. I'll be picking it up as soon as I have some spare cash.

The NOA Facebook post reminded me how close the US release was...
cjelly said:
Europe gets the superior Japanese box art. Nice.
Evidence and resized for convenient adding to the OP:
kirbymasseu.jpg

Sorry about the PEGI rating, possibly bad cropping (some countries have lowest age as 4 rather than 3) and using JPEG format instead of PNG (making it much smaller than it should be).

While I've got it open. Heres an Avatar:
kirbytar.png

For the Europeans waiting 6 weeks...I kid, I kid.

Top Bottom