• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Mass Attack |OT| More Kirbys, More Power

sfried

Starwolf_UK said:
While I've got it open. Heres an Avatar:
kirbytar.png

For the Europeans waiting 6 weeks...I kid, I kid.
Can you make icons out of all the other Kirby's in that cover too?

Seda

Starwolf_UK said:
The NOA Facebook post reminded me how close the US release was...

Evidence and resized for convenient adding to the OP:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/Starwolf_UK/Computer%20games/kirbymasseu.jpg[IMG]
Sorry about the PEGI rating, possibly bad cropping (some countries have lowest age as 4 rather than 3) and using JPEG format instead of PNG (making it much smaller than it should be).

While I've got it open. Heres an Avatar:
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/Starwolf_UK/Computer%20games/kirbytar.png[IMG]
For the Europeans waiting 6 weeks...I kid, I kid.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the boxart!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Absolutely loved the demo. Day one purchase for me.

zigg

It's really heartwarming to see the love for the demo. For awhile, I felt like I was the sole torch-bearer for this game after I fell in love with it at E3.

Nintendo had it hidden away pretty well... I played it tethered to one of those poor booth attendants for quite awhile because I couldn't find a station with it. In Japanese. And it didn't even really seem like a demo; just world 1...

Just paid off my copy at Gamestop tonight. I really wish they didn't have a Nintendo tax of $5 on their DS games. It's retarded as fuck that this is $35 there and $30 everywhere else, same with Professor Layton next month, but I have a ton of trade credit to use yet.

isny

napkin dispenser
ConradCervantes said:
Just paid off my copy at Gamestop tonight. I really wish they didn't have a Nintendo tax of $5 on their DS games. It's retarded as fuck that this is $35 there and $30 everywhere else, same with Professor Layton next month, but I have a ton of trade credit to use yet.

In Canada the game is available for preorder for $25 from Best Buy. It seems we've been getting games cheaper up here for awhile now for some reason. I guess the stores here just feel the need to discount Nintendo games to get people to buy em.

sfried

Neverfade said:
Anyone know how comprehensive the pinball mini game is? I played the ever-loving hell out of Kirbys Pinball Land.
There are boss battles,
and one of them features Marx

zigg

Neverfade said:
Anyone know how comprehensive the pinball mini game is? I played the ever-loving hell out of Kirbys Pinball Land.
It's definitely on the simplistic side, but it's very good at what it does do. And yeah, there are a number of boss battles, each with a unique twist.

M-PG71C

Hey Solune, I'll take this Kirby if no-one objects:

KXdMP.png

Starfy will go away for a few weeks to promote his distant-cousin lol :p

I've got the game pre-ordered on Amazon, I have got to get my hands on it. May as well finish off my Kirby DS collection and besides, the demo kicked ass.

When something is able to pull me away from Xenoblade, its pretty dang good. :D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha, please tell me angry US Kirby leading the charge is Photoshopped...

This looks adorable. I finished Ultra Super Deluxe recently and wouldn't mind another Kirby fix so soon. Is there any multiplayer/co-op to speak of?

I don't think it has multi-player or co-op. I borrowed a friends Japanese version of the game and played the first couple of levels. I like it a lot. I gave it back quickly, because I would probably finish it if I kept it and I want to buy a U.S version and enjoy it fully. I've pre-ordered it off amazon now.

Teknoman

The demo version might have sold me on it. Not only is the game fun, but it looks great, has a catchy soundtrack, and its just funny to see a gang of Kirby beating up on enemies.

Ugh... I hate that Nintendo advertises that their games are in-stores on a certain date when they're only shipping on that day. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I want to buy this at launch.. but with so many games coming out.. and our household not having the budget for all the goodies at the moment, we might have wait a bit. :(

zigg

shadyspace said:
Isn't this supposed to be out in NA today?

See post above yours.

I used to have good luck getting NOA releases on the Monday night of their release if I asked at Best Buy, but that stopped working some time ago. You should be able to get it tomorrow or Wednesday though.

El Pescado said:
Ugh... I hate that Nintendo advertises that their games are in-stores on a certain date when they're only shipping on that day. :(

Thanks for saving me a trip to the store. I wonder why this didn't come out yesterday, given that it's Nintendo and all.

zigg said:
See post above yours.

I used to have good luck getting NOA releases on the Monday night of their release if I asked at Best Buy, but that stopped working some time ago. You should be able to get it tomorrow or Wednesday though.
Honestly, I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I've always gotten Nintendo games on, you know, the day they advertise as the release day. Like, am I not getting SS on November 20th now?

Chairhome

shadyspace said:
Honestly, I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I've always gotten Nintendo games on, you know, the day they advertise as the release day. Like, am I not getting SS on November 20th now?
20th is on a Sunday, it'll be there on Sunday.

You might be able to go to a Gears Midnight release and get the game if its in stock. I'm not sure if its street dated or not, or if some stores just don't have it in yet.

I want to get this at Best Buy but it says that no store except one 30 miles away has it available now. I'm hoping that changes tomorrow. I have Reward Zone Certs and paypal I want to use to buy it.

Ezalc

I see NA continues the tradition of angry Kirby, opting for not one, not two, not three, but FOUR angry Kirbys. While the other ones only have one. Clearly one angry Kirby wasn't edgy enough for this game's cover. Game looks awesome, I'll check out the demo.

Poyunch

I thought the shipment would come in by the afternoon and I was wrong. No one at my Gamestop even knew it had shipped and apparently the game comes out on Wednesday according to them. I thought I was going crazy

sfried

Nobody has it yet? Huh...I'd suspect the street date to be Monday but I guess I was wro...
Kazerei said:
KIRBY GET!

Visited GameStop after some shopping, and there it was.

kirbymassattack.jpg
Spoke too soon. You lucky bastard!

Kazerei said:
KIRBY GET!

Visited GameStop after some shopping, and there it was.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7903/kirbymassattack.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The "Jouez en français!" logo hides an angry Kirby! :lol

Tyeforce

Trying to hunt down a copy myself... I'm gonna be so disappointed if I can't find one. I was so pumped for Kirby today. Already checked Best Buy, Target, and GameStop...no luck... GameStop tried to tell me that it comes out tomorrow. >.>

Tyeforce said:
Trying to hunt down a copy myself... I'm gonna be so disappointed if I can't find one. I was so pumped for Kirby today. Already checked Best Buy, Target, and GameStop...no luck... GameStop tried to tell me that it comes out tomorrow. >.>

I believe it ships today and can be found in stores tomorrow. Not 100% on if that's the way it works though.

Tyeforce

NintendoGal said:
I believe it ships today and can be found in stores tomorrow. Not 100% on if that's the way it works though.
Some people are getting their hands on it today, though. And today is the release date, not the ship date. Games should be in stock on their release dates. =/

M-PG71C

According to Amazon, I won't even get mine till the 22nd. I got a while to wait. I really wish they had Release-Date shipping on titles like these. I pay for Prime for a reason now damnit!

In the meanwhile, I have Xenoblade. And Ace Combat Advance for the GBA. I bought it brand-new, directly from Amazon for $5. I haven't opened it yet but I bought it for shits and giggles lol :p

Tyeforce said:
Some people are getting their hands on it today, though. And today is the release date, not the ship date. Games should be in stock on their release dates. =/

Hey don't look at me, I'm not the publishers. I also don't even know if I'm correct on that.

Kazerei

Banned
AlexMeloche said:
The "Jouez en français!" logo hides an angry Kirby! :lol

Argh, yeah. Since last year (DQIX is the earliest I can find right now), Nintendo-published games have had that Fr logo. Wish they'd make it smaller and put it next to the ESRB rating (where the boxart is typically unimportant)

Stupid Nintendo of Canada :\

Kazerei said:
Argh, yeah. Since last year (DQIX is the earliest I can find right now), Nintendo-published games have had that Fr logo. Wish they'd make it smaller and put it next to the ESRB rating (where the boxart is typically unimportant)

Stupid Nintendo of Canada :\

Yeah, I know that (I actually live in Québec). I just liked how it hides one of the angry Kirbys.

As for the logo, I would prefer it as a sticker like it was at the beginning... I guess they didn't put them on packages in other provinces.

Top Bottom