• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The dedede rhythm game is like a game all on it's own, and the last level is kicking my ass, but it's so good.

pariah164

The dedede rhythm game is like a game all on it's own, and the last level is kicking my ass, but it's so good.
I am usually excellent at rhythm games, but that damn thing... I can't seem to figure out how it works. Not sure if I can't brain or if it's actually difficult.

Salsa

that dedede rhythm game is half my interest in the game honestly

looking forward to more impressions, I might grab it later this month

how is the kirby fighting minigame?

Does it address my concerns that a smash style game is too small on a 3ds xl screen?

playstation allstars was pretty hard to play on vita but that game was a straight port.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I am usually excellent at rhythm games, but that damn thing... I can't seem to figure out how it works. Not sure if I can't brain or if it's actually difficult.

You'll master it by the third level, and then it just makes sense. The 4th level is brutal as hell though.

how is the kirby fighting minigame?

Does it address my concerns that a smash style game is too small on a 3ds xl screen?

playstation allstars was pretty hard to play on vita but that game was a straight port.

Tried it for a few mins in my office and loved it! Smash will be fine I'm playing on a xl.

Velcro Fly

Yeah my game is sitting at the local post office. I'll get it tomorrow but I'm really bummed about not getting it today.

DagsJT

Never played a Kirby game so asked if Asda had any in stock when I went to buy Mario Golf. Attendant said they only received Mario Golf, no copies of Kirby at all. And I was the first to buy Mario Golf that day. At 4pm.

zroid

Banned
zlCfzR4OZzMOGhzqlE

:eek:

Marjar

Banned
Oh man, this game's soundtrack. <3

I'm loving the gyroscope puzzles. I'm pretty impressed how creative some of them are.

Just watched the intro and listening to the
Green Greens
arrangement on the first map. Have the biggest smile on my face now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just recorded all 4 stages of the rhythm game, I decided I am not platinuming the last one.... for now.

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4

I recommend at least plaything through each of them before watching, to see if you can get a hang of the rhythm first. Also, at one point I switched from my xl to my 2ds and was doing considerably better. It's probably the buttons, the clicky ones are hell for rhythm games.

zroid

Banned
this dedede rhythm game is sooooooooooooo weird

It's fun but I just can't get the hang of doing the backbeats consistently lol

Just recorded all 4 stages of the rhythm game, I decided I am not platinuming the last one.... for now.

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4

I recommend at least plaything through each of them before watching, to see if you can get a hang of the rhythm first. Also, at one point I switched from my xl to my 2ds and was doing considerably better. It's probably the buttons, the clicky ones are hell for rhythm games.

Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to try this myself. Another 14 days over here :/

Yuterald

Got this game with Mario Golf this afternoon after work. Will check it out in a bit. I feel like I need to try/play Gunhound EX really, really fast. Game's been calling me since a millennia ago.

Marjar

Banned
I'm very glad that this game's version of Whispy Woods actually tries to fight back instead of being a pushover lol.

I love that Sword Kirby can raise his sword skyward for a power boost. If Nintendo was the Marvel movie universe, Kirby would be the Agent Coulson pulling them all together.

zroid

Banned
I love that Sword Kirby can raise his sword skyward for a power boost. If Nintendo was the Marvel movie universe, Kirby would be the Agent Coulson pulling them all together.

Sword Kirby is amazing. I didn't play Return to Dreamland so I don't know how much of them were introduced there, but the variety of moves you can pull off with many of the powers is really impressive.

Kinsei

Banned
Beetle Kirby has dethroned Hammer Kirby as my favorite transformation. The bell is also a ton of fun. I can't wait to get to the other new abilities.

Oh my god.

Ok I freaking love this game.

It's just so polished and fun! Everything about it is so well thought out and charming.

There hasn't been a game that has made me smile this much in a long time.

I highly recommend this to everyone.

Anyway I just played like 40 rounds of Kirby Fighters and I can't believe how fun it is!

It's gonna be soooo good with friends.

DirtyLarry

I have never played a single Kirby game, but I have to admit I am interested, especially since my 3DS has not gotten a whole lot of play as of late (did pick up Mario Golf and love it).

So what game out there is it most comparable to just so I get a basic idea of what to expect if I pick it up?

It is totally expected if people respond by saying Kirby games are Kirby games and their own entity, I hope that is the case, but if you had to finish the following statement, how you would do so?

Kirby: Triple Deluxe is most comparable to the game __________?

TIA,
DL

I did not even think to check, is there a demo for it?

The levels in this game are so well done. And dat music. Such a fresh breath of air after the disappointing New Yoshi's Island for sure.

That end-level Kirby dancing animation and Kirby's random noises after completing the levels never get old.

As far as the last poster's question goes, thinking a platforming game (like Mario) but with more methodical progression and utilizing abilities. No timer so the game expects you to take your time through the levels and explore.

EDIT: Also like the use of the gyroscope. Actually works as expected unlike Yoshi where it felt like the game was tripping out if you tried moving it (and made yourself look like an idiot twisting it around).

MarkusRJR

Totally love this game so far. I'm a total Kirby/Yoshi's Island fan and this scratches the itch so much better than Yoshi's New Island did. The OST is so fucking good.

zroid

Banned
I finally got the platinum medal on the 3rd level arrgrrghrh

not even going to attempt the 4th level yet

zroid

Banned
I can't get platinum on the first level. It just isn't clicking for me.

It took me a while to get the hang of it. The learning curve is pretty rough.

I guess my advice would be: (a) trust that you will always land on a drum at the same beat, and (b) try to learn the level layout to some extent before attempting to clear with no missed backbeats; it's tough for me to worry about nailing those while not already being entirely comfortable with the tempo and layout.

Top Bottom