• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami ships 1.5 million Pro Evolution Soccer 4 for Europe

Solid

http://www.gamefront.de/

Konami ships 1.5 million Pro Evolution Soccer 4

13.10.04 - Konami communicates that by the football simulation Pro Evolution Soccer 4, 1.5 million units are delivered for publication to 15.10.04 to the European trade.

:D

Miburou

Ghost said:
how do you know that when it hasnt even come out yet.

He means the fact the an Xbox port with added online play is coming out has not affected the PS2 version's sales, compared to the sales of the previous releases.

cja

jarrod said:
Is it 1.5M for all platforms or just the PS2 version?
PS2 is the only version that has shipped (PC & Xbox are November).

PES3 shipped 2.7m units by April 2004. I think PES4 should surpass this given the Xbox version and having Thierry Henry on the, otherwise crap, cover.

Elios83

Konami has shipped 1,5 million copies of the PS2 version,that pretty much covers all the PES European gamers.
I think Konami wouldn't have shipped so many copies of the PS2 version if they considered the Xbox version as a serious threat to the PS2 version's sales.
I don't think they will ship more than 300-400k copies for Xbox.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Miburou said:
He means the fact the an Xbox port with added online play is coming out has not affected the PS2 version's sales, compared to the sales of the previous releases.

Niether version is out.

Miburou

cja said:
PS2 is the only version that has shipped (PC & Xbox are November).

PES3 shipped 2.7m units by April 2004. I think PES4 should surpass this given the Xbox version and having Thierry Henry on the, otherwise crap, cover.

Wow, I didn't know it was that popular. I remember initial shipment figures of 1M for PES3, so I thought that would be it.

Solid

cja said:
PES3 shipped 2.7m units by April 2004.
OMG
Wow1.gif
Wow1.gif

cja

Konami PR in English
Last years initial shipment was 1m.

2,7 millions is with the Platinum verision and successive shipments.
Oops, must apologise just gone to check up on the numbers at KCET's website and I think the 2.7m figure was for all PES games sold during the last financial year (April 2003 to March 2004). So that includes PES2. The PS2 version of PES3 sold 1.64m by end of March with no number given for the PC version. Konami sold 4.5m copies of Winning Eleven & PES series games in that 12 month period.

Prine

Banned
Man Konami got it right with Pro Evo. Its their cash cow, just keeps raking it in.

Im pickin up my copy friday :D

Then Xbox version in November

Miburou

I remember reading on KCET's website that the WE series had passed the 10M mark, and that might've been around WE7's release, so it's probably closer to 15M by now. What's amazing is that the series seems to be doing better with every new release, even with FIFA being around.

Top Bottom