• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kou Shibusawa on PS3 visuals for 'Oni'

xexex

Banned
While Shibusawa could not comment directly on the capabilities of the PS3, he did state that he expected the visuals between the movie and game to be very similar.

Shibusawa jokingly said he's forbidden to say anything about the capabilities of Sony's next-generation console, but he did say he expects to very closely replicate the appearance of the actors from the film in the game.

1up.com and PS3insider.com are teh sources.

I highly doubt PS3 games will look anything like a CG motion picture, but I don't doubt PS3 games will be much more 'cinematic' than today's games.

xexex

Banned
uhhh heh heh, what's TTIWWP stand for? :)

nevermind, google is my friend

'This Post Is Worthless Without Pictures'

well that can't be helped at the moment :)

Elios83

Let the PS3 hype begin! :D :D :D

I expect the PS3 to generate graphics similar to the CG intro seen in Onimusha1 and Onimusha2,maybe not in first gen games but I think that will be the level.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
with this being sony's second shot at making their own hardware... I think some will be surprised.

WarPig

Well, this time they're not saying they'll look like Toy Story, they're saying they'll look like real actors.

So I figure they might at least hit the Toy Story mark this time.

DFS.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Elios83 said:
I expect the PS3 to generate graphics similar to the CG intro seen in Onimusha1 and Onimusha2,maybe not in first gen games but I think that will be the level.
But when can I expect Onimusha 3 CGI level graphics?

Gek54

xexex said:
I highly doubt PS3 games will look anything like a CG motion picture and I doubt PS3 games will be much more 'cinematic' than today's games.

Fixed?

Better frame rate and physics for games is what is what I am concerned most about.

Gek54

OMG CGI LVL GRAPHIX!!

money_for_nothing.jpg

WarPig

Wario64 said:
I thought this was about Bungie's "Oni"

I wonder, can Koei call the game Oni in this country, what with either Bungie or Take-Two trademarking that name? Or is it sufficiently generic to preclude that, since it's just some word in Japanese?

Edit: It's Take-Two owns the trademark, still live.

DFS.

Pimpwerx

I have been out of the loop. How's the PS3 shaping up to be compared to the GSCube? I think it's supposed to have more raw power than a Cube on one. Didn't that supposedly do a good job with some scenes from FF:TSW? That's pretty much what I'm hoping for. I think it would be good for the industry to not hit a ceiling in graphics at this point. Then again, it depends on the artists at this point. I hope all systems support 1080p in all games. I'll buy a good HDTV then. It'll be worth it. And there really shouldn't be anymore framerate issues. Everything should be 60Hz. PEACE.

golem

Pimpwerx said:
I hope all systems support 1080p in all games. I'll buy a good HDTV then. It'll be worth it. And there really shouldn't be anymore framerate issues. Everything should be 60Hz. PEACE.

im doubtful the next gen will be able to do 1920x1080 at 60fps.. 720p is probably a more realistic goal.

Onimusha or Oni? What the fuck? If its the former.. colour me hyped. But latter. Boo Urn

(proof that bungie can make mediocre titles).. BOO URNN..

I wonder, can Koei call the game Oni in this country, what with either Bungie or Take-Two trademarking that name? Or is it sufficiently generic to preclude that, since it's just some word in Japanese?

Edit: It's Take-Two owns the trademark, still live.

DFS.

Well since they're years away from release, I imagine the final name still hasn't been set.

Onimusha or Oni? What the fuck? If its the former.. colour me hyped. But latter. Boo Urn

(proof that bungie can make mediocre titles).. BOO URNN..

Neither. It's the name Koei is using for a PS3 title they have in the works.

Pimpwerx said:
I have been out of the loop. How's the PS3 shaping up to be compared to the GSCube? I think it's supposed to have more raw power than a Cube on one. Didn't that supposedly do a good job with some scenes from FF:TSW?
We don't know that much about the PS3 yet, so it's hard to tell. It's going to have far less memory, that's for sure.

IIRC those FF:TSW scenes were reduced in complexity; that movie is far too complex to be completely replicated in real time with next gen hardware. We're going to have some incredible stuff, though. Hell, there're games out today that look utterly amazing.

PS: BTW, I have a feeling that we'll still have framerate problems next gen. Developers will always find a way to tax the hw.

Top Bottom