• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krater |OT| Not All Bombs Are Bad

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Thanks for the quick answers y'all. That World Map theme is pretty nice; I'll continue rummaging around YT for soundtrack samples.

Moobabe

Apparently we only like Krater because we didn't like Diablo 3...even though I liked Diablo 3.

I hated that people compared the two - not because I dislike D3, but because they have nothing in common. It's not a good point of reference.
And D3 is shit....

SJRB

Gold Member
The GiantBomb guys did a great and lengthy Quicklook on this game a while back. If anyone is in doubt about what this game is all about I'd highly recommend checking out the Quicklook. It explains pretty much everything the game has to offer.

Moobabe

The GiantBomb guys did a great and lengthy Quicklook on this game a while back. If anyone is in doubt about what this game is all about I'd highly recommend checking out the Quicklook. It explains pretty much everything the game has to offer.

Watch in the knowledge that a bunch of stuff has changed; while the core of what they're showing is explained pretty well.

schnell

I hate to let you guys down but I just can't do it with the controls be constant clicking. I'm pickier than I thought when it comes to games I guess.

Moobabe

I hate to let you guys down but I just can't do it with the controls be constant clicking. I'm pickier than I thought when it comes to games I guess.

Have you tried it yet? Because it's MUCH less clicking than something like Diablo - you only click to engage, rather than for every attack.

Dynoro

Just grabbed it and put about an hour in - seems like a neat little game; can't wait to try it a bit more and play around with the team selection

Moobabe

Just grabbed it and put about an hour in - seems like a neat little game; can't wait to try it a bit more and play around with the team selection

simpsons-season-1-evil-simpsons.jpg

One of us

This looks really good, Giant Bomb's quick look pretty much sold me - but from what I gathered there is no Mac release on the horizon?

Might end up buying it anyway.

Blu10

So just picked it up and headed to my first dungeon...is there a way to speed up the scrolling on the side of the map? I checked the options and didn't see anything. I also didn't see a way to save. Hopefully when I come back from dinner I'm still in the same place. Other than that looks and sounds amazing.

Moobabe

So just picked it up and headed to my first dungeon...is there a way to speed up the scrolling on the side of the map? I checked the options and didn't see anything. I also didn't see a way to save. Hopefully when I come back from dinner I'm still in the same place. Other than that looks and sounds amazing.

It auto saves - but not your exact progress in a dungeon iirc.

Wonderful news. Hope folks are getting stuck into it!

This thread is blossoming! It's so heartwarming to see it on the front page when I get back from a night out and it's not me having to double post to get it there! Hope you guys are all enjoying it!

Is the collector's edition worth getting?

The Steam collectors or the IRL collectors? If the former then... yes - I'd say Cerebro + the OST are worth the difference.

Hmm, I have only bought one game this entire Steam Sale.

Not that I need more, but is the music IN the game as good as the stuff they've been using in the trailers?

I was waiting for this game to go on sale, I was interested in it, it sounded awesome, but when it released I didn't really hear anything that great about it. Now that its on sale I picked it up, played through the first dungeon and got all my guys to rank 5. Seems cool, I was expecting more from the music though, does it stand out more later? Also, I'm guessing I'm supposed to just sell my rank 5 guys now and start again, so soon?

Rahk

Picked up the CE.

How many players is co-op going to be? The description makes it sound like co-op will be only for co-op dungeons specifically, while the main game is single player only. Is that right?

RS4-

Grabbed the CE.

Couldn't really find much or any info in regards to deaths but is there anything carried over between deaths?

TGMIII

So what's the itemization like in this game. Diablo/torchlight etc levels of random item stats or is most of it predetermined?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
If you already know the blueprint then you don't need to overwrite it - they all get stored once you learn them. You can sell repeat blueprints.

The problem is the other blueprint is different. Since it adds also a random stat + the set stat. The one I know now only has a set stat.

Moobabe

I was waiting for this game to go on sale, I was interested in it, it sounded awesome, but when it released I didn't really hear anything that great about it. Now that its on sale I picked it up, played through the first dungeon and got all my guys to rank 5. Seems cool, I was expecting more from the music though, does it stand out more later? Also, I'm guessing I'm supposed to just sell my rank 5 guys now and start again, so soon?

No - you can find NPCs called 'Boot Camp' and increase your guys level cap if you like - or you can find new guys.

So what's the itemization like in this game. Diablo/torchlight etc levels of random item stats or is most of it predetermined?

As far as I'm aware it's random - but there's much less loot than in TL/D3.

The problem is the other blueprint is different. Since it adds also a random stat + the set stat. The one I know now only has a set stat.

I see the dilemma - in that case... no I don't think you can.
Grabbed the CE.

Couldn't really find much or any info in regards to deaths but is there anything carried over between deaths?

No there isn't unfortunately - I really wish there was something. All you'll carry over with you are battle scars and hopefully be a little wiser.

Just picked it up, together with soundtrack and DLC. Since it's the daily it goes for €6.99 (CE €9.something), no reason not to!

Welcome aboard!

Parakeetman

I see the dilemma - in that case... no I don't think you can.

Thats a damned shame. Hopefully it will be addressed as development moves along.

On another note I was hoping that there would be things like armor and such also, but was a little let down to find out that the game is only about weapons, enhancements and upgrades. Since thought it was going to be cool seeing all sorts of different post apoc sort of armor sets for the crazy characters.

Still love the game and it is something unique to the isometric ARPG family.

Moobabe

Thats a damned shame. Hopefully it will be addressed as development moves along.

On another note I was hoping that there would be things like armor and such also, but was a little let down to find out that the game is only about weapons, enhancements and upgrades. Since thought it was going to be cool seeing all sorts of different post apoc sort of armor sets for the crazy characters.

Still love the game and it is something unique to the isometric ARPG family.

Yeah I know what you mean - it'd be nice, at least, if there were cosmetic changes you could pick up to change the look of your crew.

The weapons of dead soldiers go back into your inventory, right? Unless I've just had a bunch of look-alikes make me think that was the case for the many hours I've been playing.

Parakeetman

Yeah I know what you mean - it'd be nice, at least, if there were cosmetic changes you could pick up to change the look of your crew.

The reason why I originally thought that was with how the trailer scrolls through a bunch of the same classes with slightly different looks to them.
Then I find out its all just the other "hires" in the game that look different and not being able to customize your characters with loot.

My own fault though for not having read up more / expecting things like that to be a norm. :)

---

One thing though is that this game gets intense at times with trying to make sure your guy doesnt get knocked out adding another notch to the wound meter. Esp if the guy is on his last legs with not being able to take another wounding. Man for some reason the enemies really HATE the regulator and thats with me trying to pull the hate off with the tank and all the hate generating skills hes got.

Parakeetman

Pg7bj.png

ye got me gaf

You wont regret it, since for the price its a unique experience thats for sure. To help the overall experience dont expect the game to be like diablo or any other isometric ARPGs and you should be fine. :)

---

They so should have given the medicus more lines when you click on him. By far my favorite character out of the bunch. "GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMS!" Esp when you first find the insane bastard at the start of the game.

One thing though is that this game gets intense at times with trying to make sure your guy doesnt get knocked out adding another notch to the wound meter. Esp if the guy is on his last legs with not being able to take another wounding. Man for some reason the enemies really HATE the regulator and thats with me trying to pull the hate off with the tank and all the hate generating skills hes got.

Hot damn, you need to watch that Regulator. Poor bastard. Still, my current Reg is so chocked up on Focus implants, coupled with a lovely little custom-made Duck Zapper, that when a slow-field gets thrown down, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think I wrote it earlier, but my Regulator has health boosters on his slow-field, so he's kind of a secondary Medikus.

And welcome, Salsa. Interested to see what you make of it.

Parakeetman

Hot damn, you need to watch that Regulator. Poor bastard. Still, my current Reg is so chocked up on Focus implants, coupled with a lovely little custom-made Duck Zapper, that when a slow-field gets thrown down, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think I wrote it earlier, but my Regulator has health boosters on his slow-field, so he's kind of a secondary Medikus.

Its mostly the other hostile humanoids with ranged weaponry that really dont seem to like him. When am wandering the threat lv 2 areas. Though if its more than a single melee guy on his ass things go south quickly lol

Im still messing with the upgrades and such. That does sound interesting with that statis field thing and health. Am guessing toss it down around where the big guy is smashing things to iddy bits, the field heals him and slows down enemies who are trying to bolt past. Right now I just have some tiny damage buff on. Am guessing thats whats really pissing off the enemies besides whatever hate is generated from the slowing effect.

With a mob that includes a few ranged enemies, I usually shock one of them, and just have my Reg cop the shots from the remaining shooter. Otherwise, when in doubt - stasis + health combo! Some really awesome implant combos, too.

Twinduct

How awesome would it be if you could establish a base of operations in the world? Like some place where all your old warriors could just hang out and drink at the bar and shit. And there will be a graveyard for each of your dead warriors and stuff.

Parakeetman

With a mob that includes a few ranged enemies, I usually shock one of them, and just have my Reg cop the shots from the remaining shooter. Otherwise, when in doubt - stasis + health combo! Some really awesome implant combos, too.

I really hope in the fully finished version they will have actual skill trees and such. Would be cool to see a bunch of different skills and what not. Am guessing I need to find a new town to raise my guys level caps? Currently everyone is stuck at 5.

Top Bottom