• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
im debating SFxT myself still, but honestly ehhhhhhhh.. owning MK, SSFIV, Skullgirls coming out soon.. and the fact that Ultra was announced, SFxT is probably deader than dead

and it also has GFWL

MK wasn't even in the top 100 player base when I was looking this morning. Made me sad :( Have not been helping this myself this past week though I will admit.

I want to support all fighting games on PC but my day 1 purchase of SFxT on Xbox left an extremely bad taste in my mouth, hence my hesitation on this one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
im debating SFxT myself still, but honestly ehhhhhhhh.. owning MK, SSFIV, Skullgirls coming out soon.. and the fact that Ultra was announced, SFxT is probably deader than dead

and it also has GFWL
Yeah I'd pick up complete for 75% off, but if they won't do that I'd rather put that $15 to Skullgirls.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have spent more time in these threads, buying games during the sale and looking through the catalogue of games on Steam then actually playing games.

The sale was good to me. I planned ahead Batman style, and got just about everything I wanted. I'm waiting on Kentucky Route Zero to go lower, and plan to pick up Prison Architect when its further along. To celebrate the end of the sale, here is my final giveaway. I grabbed these here and there the last few days to deliver onto GAF, so enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex Human Revolution -- MB-7CEAE82A1412CFCC - Taken by TheGoddamn
Giana Sisters Twisted Dream -- MB-78F4B81F399D707F - Taken by Jason Frost
Fallout New Vegas -- MB-F98C82547EA052E2 - Taken by Kandrick
Rayman Origins -- MB-D23F83C450C2806C - Taken by eyeless
Monaco -- MB-A6089426F51CD09C - Taken by mannerbot
Bully Scholarship Edition -- MB-DDBC6B8965FCC2D3 - Taken by Grief.exe
Half Minute Hero -- MB-4893EFFA417225CA - Taken by NingenJanai

Oh and I just want to say thanks to Stump for his work on ModBot, Salsa for his threads and gifs, and everyone who gave away games. See everyone next sale!

I know, I'm a little late, but I just saw that:

xXOYQ5Z.png

:O

bender

What time is it?
I have spent more time in these threads, buying games during the sale and looking through the catalogue of games on Steam then actually playing games.

I actually finished Swapper and Gunpoint. Not to mention this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162485836

Let me know if anyone else is hosting a 4-pack. I'm headed off to bed right now, but I will send the payment in the morning.

10-4, sounds like we are alone though.

The sale was good to me. I planned ahead Batman style, and got just about everything I wanted. I'm waiting on Kentucky Route Zero to go lower, and plan to pick up Prison Architect when its further along. To celebrate the end of the sale, here is my final giveaway. I grabbed these here and there the last few days to deliver onto GAF, so enjoy!

Oh and I just want to say thanks to Stump for his work on ModBot, Salsa for his threads and gifs, and everyone who gave away games. See everyone next sale!

Thanks for Half Minute Hero.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Okay, Steam gifting through email just isn't fucking working. I have a bunch of uhhhh games I need to get rid of quick.

Someone help if you want some free "games".

THANK YOU MY UNKNOWN.

Dingotech

Nice giveaways in that list there, awesome job.

Merry Steam Sales to all!

73V3N

Banned

Awesome giveaway.

KiDdYoNe

Morning, GAF.
So this is the end. Everyone had a good time? I had. Even tho those stupid community choices with smart decisions. It's time to get couple of Summer Getaway card sets to get some profit in future. They sure as hell will be pricey, but maybe in a few weeks. Still have couple of Summer Foils, one from the first or second day of the sale for the vote, second from the market. Got it really cheap. Looking forward to sell em.

Really liked our gift war with Matias (sorry mate, never gonna remember your nickname on GAF), i think it's over now, but not sure, you still have no Bat Rats! And what kind of war it is without this masterpiece?

It's already 82 bucks as i remember. One big sale for me, mostly because i am going PC + PS4 for nextgen. Got a few great indies, some old scool games, couple of new ones. Still waiting for the last gifts if there is some, and getting couple of games from the wishlist. So i think it's gonna be 90~ bucks for me. The real ones, not including the 2-3-4 packs. Big number for me, never thought i'd gonna spent so much. But i don't regret a bit of it, since i still have about hundred in my pocket and part of my salary is in 3 days. There was some extra shifts, so i think im gonna be surprised with the amount. Plus i'm gonna get Tomb Raider for PC, and gonna sell my PS3 version for about 30 bucks. Golden.

There is not much to say more. Thanks Salsa for the threads and all the gifs. Thank you guys for all the fun with WHYYOUPOSTSOFAST and Bad Rats and funny messages. Thanks Gaben and Valve for a good time and enjoy my money, you bastards. Some love for you guys will be included when i'll be home. So yeah, that's it!

eyeless

wow got rayman, thanks a lot watermelon, been on my wishlist for a quite a while. you're awesome dude

Grief.exe

Thanks for Bully! Read the recommendations and can't wait to give it a try.

What is your Steam name?

mannerbot

Thank you, Monaco was my most wanted game this sale.

Thanks for Bully! Read the recommendations and can't wait to give it a try.

What is your Steam name?

Keep in mind bully is locked to 30fps, there's a thread on the steam forums on how to unlock the framerate though. Unlocking the framerate does break one mission later in the game but you can just relock it to get through that mission.

Enjoy, that game is like one of my favourite games of all time.

Caerith

I know a few days ago someone posted an essential mod for Risen 2, but are there any essential Risen 1 mods? All my google results point to ancient, ancient sites.

Lint21

Neo Member
Haven't seen many user impressions of Prison Architect in this thread, so here's my quick take with ~60 hours logged. It's on sale for another ~12 hours: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233450/

I'm a nut for games like Tropico and SimCity, and Prison Architect scratches that same itch. PA brings the lens in closer than those games, though - it's more "Sim Theme Park goes to prison" than a full city-building game. It requires you to build walls, run water and electrical, install desks, and so on, basically as you would if you were actually architecting a prison. I really dig the planning tool, which lets you sketch out walls in advance to keep you on track as you gradually move from small starter prison to enormous supermax.

The artstyle is adorable (to me), providing a bizarre juxtaposition with the grim setting. What passes for animation is just an obvious visual representation of the simulation running underneath. That simulation engine is quite interesting - it feels more "open" and less predicated on predetermined rules than Tropico or Roller Coaster Tycoon. You can pretty much put any actor in any scenario and they will respond accordingly, only to the rules that you defined. It's hard to explain, and may be a factor of the game note having full mission structure implemented yet, but suffice to say that PA is enjoyable for creative minds.

As to the actual gameplay, if you like creating and building, you will probably get into PA. This is especially true if you're the type of person who takes satisfaction in seeing a system you built up and running, but then cannot wait to start the next challenge of expanding or optimizing that system. The gameplay ultimately becomes a balancing act between the process of managing inmates, employees, utility subsystems, schedules and an economy, against the constant desire to build more and expand.

The game is in Alpha, and it shows. It doesn't crash, and rarely suffers from a bug that can't be worked around. Rather, PA's early nature becomes apparent when you look at the game as a whole for what it currently is. Structure is lacking, with a handful of grants available that act as missions. Sometimes guards or prison laborers don't do what you would expect them to do. There was nothing that prevented me from playing and enjoying myself when I started during Beta 9 (currently at Beta 11 I believe).

There is a new alpha build that drops about once a month. The dev team is pretty small, but they add quite a few features and fix bugs in every release. From what I have seen, they haven't been interacting with the community very much, but they are listening. The only thing that concerns me about the future of PA, is that when you consider the state of the game and the pace of development, when is this thing going to be done? I'm just hoping Introversion doesn't go under or something awful while PA is still in progress.

Edit: check out this video of a guy timelapsing his build of a prison that is based on an AC motor built by Nikola Tesla - PA is more than just a prison simulator: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161522557

hitmon

Thanks for having such an awesome giveaway!

Aaron

I know a few days ago someone posted an essential mod for Risen 2, but are there any essential Risen 1 mods? All my google results point to ancient, ancient sites.
If those sites still work, those are the mods. Not much was ever made for it, but unlike Risen 2, there aren't any mods I would consider essential.

Hopes for last flash sale:
Reus

Lost Planet 2

The Swapper

Expeditions: Conquistador

Reality:
FTL

Organ Trail

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Deus Ex

Status
Not open for further replies.