• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Bumping this one last time before I go to bed.

Bender and I are willing to go on a a Natural Selection 4-pack.

I'm headed off to bed, but I will be able to settle up in the morning.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks.

So, as a quick check, would anyone disagree with Worms: Reloaded being the best?
A lot of people are hardcore about Armageddon. Something about ninja rope. But Reloaded looks nicer, has nicer interface, and way more modes and features.

legend166

Okay this is my final haul for today. Any reason not to get any of these games?

TJtJ596.jpg

Dingotech

Giana Sisters is quite often cheaper on GMG from what I've seen.

Flatout series is often on sale for 75%+ off so I wouldn't get ultimate carnage for more than $2.50.

And I think Revenge of the Titans is often at $2.50 on sale, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I had a similar final $25 haul but I decided to empty dat cart, I suggest you take a closer look and ask yourself if you will actually play any of them and just leave the ones that you will. Madness I know but I went way over budget for this sale.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I sold enough cards to be able to grab New Vegas, but I didn't know it was a flash sale. I thought it was a daily. Blegh

legend166

I had a similar final $25 haul but I decided to empty dat cart, I suggest you take a closer look and ask yourself if you will actually play any of them and just leave the ones that you will. Madness I know but I went way over budget for this sale.

Well I'm paying for it in Steam credit that I got for trading in some PS3 games to EB Games, so it's not coming out of my pocket.

Kvik

I missed out on The Swapper and Expeditions:Conquistador :-\

Alpha Protocol & Titan Quest wasn't even in the dailies!

Salsa

probably a long shot to ask here, but has anyone gotten the Steam - Uplay SUPPOSED link to work in Trials?

game asks you to "link accounts" so you can get your steam friends on leaderboards and ghosts on tracks and whatnot.. yet I linked it and it did nothing

I also can't get it to ask me to link again, and there's no option for it under the options menu..

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Okay, Steam gifting through email just isn't fucking working. I have a bunch of uhhhh games I need to get rid of quick.

Someone help if you want some free "games".
Yeah I had trouble emailing myself some gifts in order to get the keys for them earlier today. No matter what I did, I just wasn't getting the email. I ended up using the gmail dot trick to send each gift to a different address cause that was the only way I was able to get Steam to spit out the emails.

Revenge of the Titans, Sine Mora and DLC Quest are fantastic. What I've played so far of 30s Hero is great. To the Moon seems to be favourite of many others , not sure about the rest though.

If one has a vita or psp get Half-Minute Hero there. The PC version cuts out on all of the extra modes, many of which were quite enjoyable.

Salsa

If one has a vita or psp get Half-Minute Hero there. The PC version cuts out on all of the extra modes, many of which were quite enjoyable.

It actually doesnt. The console version took them out but this PC version brings them back.

The critically acclaimed Hypersonic RPG action game makes its debut on PC, leveled-up and enhanced to be the ultimate version. The most complete Half Minute Hero yet, it contains all the content and the features (21… 20… 19…) from the previous versions on handheld and console platforms, such as “Hero 300” - the challenging 300 second final chapter, (11… 10… 9…) as well as the exciting Knight 30, Hero 30, and Evil Lord 30 bonus game modes, restored to their full glory...

wich is weird considering it's kind of a half-assed port otherwise (no controller button prompts I think?)

It actually doesnt. The console version took them out but this PC version brings them back.

wich is weird considering it's kind of a half-assed port otherwise (no controller button prompts I think?)

Ah ok, sorry for the misinformation! Really bizarre choice in regards to the xbox version then. Figured it was a direct port.

Edit: Doesn't directly mention princess mode but it says it has all the content so I imagine it's just part of the unlisted stuff.

In that case, everyone get Half Minute Hero. It's brilliant. Still might recommend me in on a portable because it fits well but it works on the big screen going by the xbox version.

Lint21

Neo Member
How big can you build your prison? Is there variety in the prison/inmates//guards look and feel?

You can build pretty big. I've had almost 200 prisoners before the framerate started to suffer and I ran out of room. That's on the "small" map - there are larger sized maps, but using the causes time to pass more slowly for some reason. At that pace, the gameplay is far too slow for me.

The employees are all the same by function (guards, janitors, doctors, handymen, etc.). The prisoners all have unique physical traits like fat, mustache, bald, whatever. They also have personality traits and a lot of them have a little backstory. I had one guy who was just a recidivist asshole - he was always angry and violent. He kept trying to smuggle weapons into the cafeteria, would get caught, sent to lockdown, miss a meal, become more unhappy... I could not make that guy happy no matter what I tried.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You can build pretty big. I've had almost 200 prisoners before the framerate started to suffer and I ran out of room. That's on the "small" map - there are larger sized maps, but using the causes time to pass more slowly for some reason. At that pace, the gameplay is far too slow for me.

The employees are all the same by function (guards, janitors, doctors, handymen, etc.). The prisoners all have unique physical traits like fat, mustache, bald, whatever. They also have personality traits and a lot of them have a little backstory. I had one guy who was just a recidivist asshole - he was always angry and violent. He kept trying to smuggle weapons into the cafeteria, would get caught, sent to lockdown, miss a meal, become more unhappy... I could not make that guy happy no matter what I tried.

Sounds really interesting. Might have to pick it up. Thanks for your write ups.

Salsa

yeah I actually do still prefer it on PSP, but that thing is beaten, buttons are all mushy and crap, so if im gonna play it again I will do it on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom