• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's good stuff coming out soon. Don't forget Mercenary Kings tomorrow/today, Teleglitch on Wednesday, and Skullgirls in a month,
Awww yee
pSuGJwE.png

Mattiator

Someone sell me on grabbing torchlight 2 and hotline miami before the sale is over in the morning. I'm on the fence about both, are they worth snatching up at 75% and 50% or should I not even bother....

cicero

Stronghold Collection - $4.99 (75% off)
Fl7ccvr.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901735/

The Collection includes:
Stronghold
Stronghold 2
Stronghold Crusader
Stronghold Crusader Extreme

Five games with aspects of medieval castle/city building/economic Sim/RTS genres, and with a focus on combat and defensive strategy. Despite the dated visuals, I think that this series is quite unique and worthy of attention. Stronghold and Stronghold: Crusader are the high points of the series, Stronghold 2 isn't as good but is still pretty worthwhile, Stronghold Legends just went off the rails became something the series wasn't and is entirely forgettable.

Oublieux

Someone sell me on grabbing torchlight 2 and hotline miami before the sale is over in the morning. I'm on the fence about both, are they worth snatching up at 75% and 50% or should I not even bother....

Both games should be snatched immediately. TL2's team consists of members largely responsible for Diablo 1/2, so that original "Diablo" feeling is definitely there--just more fine tuned. To top it off, the composer for TL2 is the guy who composed music for Diablo, very reminiscent of the series. And TL2 does what Diablo 3 failed to do: make looting addictive.

Hotline Miami, it's like crack. That's all there is to it.

Hotline Miami is a must buy. Dont even wait for another response, just do it. Do it.

Do it!

Martian

So Oblivion didn't even get a sale this summer sale? Lame

Fallout 3 and NV are newer games and their base price is higher? Bethesda art thou drunkest?

I go to Comic-Con for five days and you guys go through 2.5 threads?

Bought Hammerlock's Hunt because the voice actor of Nakayama/Hodunk hung out with me and didn't run away screaming.

Now at exactly one cent.

It's like a train coming to a stop right at the edge.

wilflare

I just redeemed my Hitman code from GMG...
it says "Hitman Absolution Professional WW"

is this correct? It doesn't say Professional Edition in my Library :/

Mattiator

Both games should be snatched immediately. TL2's team consists of members largely responsible for Diablo 1/2, so that original "Diablo" feeling is definitely there--just more fine tuned. To top it off, the composer for TL2 is the guy who composed music for Diablo, very reminiscent of the series. And TL2 does what Diablo 3 failed to do: make looting addictive.

Hotline Miami, it's like crack. That's all there is to it.

Thanks for the great response, the loot is what I was worried about after the disappointing diablo 3, I loved the first two diablos so I'm sure I will love torchlight 2, is it easy to find games online?, and as for the Hotline Miami ill take your word for that :). Both games shall be purchased within the hour!

Thanks again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wish there will be a LEGO collection pack in the upcoming sales.

That would require two publishers working together, which almost never happens. It's a miracle Quake 4 returned to Steam... if only Quake Wars would do the same. :(

Gaf, I gave you ONE JOB.

You couldn't even do that.

JaseC will be happy to know, however, that I now have a restraining order by Joss Whedon's lawyers.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ended up topping off the sale with Analogue and Dredmore. Also got GameMaker Studio Standard despite the fact that it didn't go on sale. Figured there was no point continuing waiting when I really want to use it right now. Disappointed in that though.

Oublieux

Thanks for the great response, the loot is what I was worried about after the disappointing diablo 3, I loved the first two diablos so I'm sure I will love torchlight 2, is it easy to find games online?, and as for the Hotline Miami ill take your word for that :). Both games shall be purchased within the hour!

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, internet games aplenty in TL2. I should mention one thing I'd give it a knock for: the story line is really obtuse and forgettable. But the gameplay and everything else is so well done I overlooked it.

I don't really want to look at how much I spent this sale. First time I've been lucky enough to have a decent laptop and an income at the same time, so there was tons of games I didn't have.
I mean, I only spent a little bit per day, but almost every day :eek:

Anyway, guess I'll round off the sale with Half Minute Hero, been meaning to play it since I saw the quicklook of the og psp game.

bootski

Thanks again.

you'll enjoy it. and be sure to check out the workshop too. community mods for tl2 are off the chain.

Mattiator

Oh yeah, internet games aplenty in TL2. I should mention one thing I'd give it a knock for: the story line is really obtuse and forgettable. But the gameplay and everything else is so well done I overlooked it.

That's what I like to hear, that's perfectly fine with me so many games are focused on story line these days, sometimes it's nice to just have solid addicting gameplay.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Who else besides Salsa bought Trials Evolution? I need friends on my leaderboards to compete against. Multiplayer is also lots of fun (when it works). Supercross is kind of worthless but doing normal levels with other people is a ton of fun.

Tellaerin

That's what I like to hear, that's perfectly fine with me so many games are focused on story line these days, sometimes it's nice to just have solid addicting gameplay.

Yeah, it seems to have a story only slightly more prominent than the one in Gauntlet, the original arcade version. But you'll be too busy running around dungeons knocking the living crap out of monsters and yoinking their sweet sweet lewtz to care.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow, Spelunky looks great.

So that makes...

Spelunky
Skullgirls
NASCAR
Ducktales
Castle of Illusion
Those two Pac-Man games
KoF XIII
Starbound

Platformers are about to get a huge boost. And two fighting good games is more than it seems when you're talking PC. This list puts things in perspective for current purchases for me.

Salsa

Who else besides Salsa bought Trials Evolution? I need friends on my leaderboards to compete against. Multiplayer is also lots of fun (when it works). Supercross is kind of worthless but doing normal levels with other people is a ton of fun.

its so good mayne

I was so close to buying it but you wouldn't want me on your friendlist/leaderboards considering I was/am top 100 on several tracks for the xbox360 version. I feel super bad about it though, I really wanted to buy it but the beta had some performance issues I was scared of having in the full game.

bakeray

i bought it, add bak3ray to your friends list.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wanted to buy Kerbal Space Program, because It sounded amazing on the Quicklook, so I downloaded the demo and... man, I think the demo itself will be enough for me for a WHILE.

I'm really amazed about how this game behaves itself, but it's a little on the crazy side.

I can't even get to the goddamn orbit, but after doing the tutorials, I think I know what I did wrong.

Still, game is pretty amazing. I just don't know I have what it takes to play it properly.

bakery bought trials

stream confirmed

I don't see how you motherfuckers will Stream since last time I was the one that Streamed Castle Crashers because none of you could, and I didn't buy Trials so I can't join it and.....

Ohhhhhh, i see how it is...

Arthea

g'morning
So, last day, finally, thanks Odin

I bought FF7. Rebellion is tempting, but a bit too late for me. Will wait for winter sale with
horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom