• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Leezard

why did the GIA/Fnatic game get remade anyway?

Essentially GIA got Noc instead of Maokai as a mistake and informed a referee, but the referee didn't remake the lobby. Later in the game GIA got informed they could and should have gotten a remake and FNC Deilor agreed to a remake, or something like that.

You can probably find a more proper explanation on reddit.

Leezard

Braum seems to work out quite well against Jayce. He can block many of those shock blasts.

edit: Why was Vayne in the middle of the enemy team

Great match between Fnatic and Giants. I'm pretty sure the Azir passive raised on the remains of their top inhibitor tower saved the game when Giants tried to juke in to kill a second inhibitor. Immediately after Frederic got caught and Fnatic were able to relieve the pressure long enough to push out and contest the baron, where the whole game turned. That said, Fnatic should surely have prioritised Aegis/Locket much more heavily against the insane AoE AP damage from Pepi's AP Ezreal, and Adryh should've built like a proper AD.

Twookie

I thought he just got benched?

according to bjerg on stream meteos left after they shit their bed on scrims, and sneaky said something along those lines too on his stream.

sneaky's stream earlier today was pretty depressing and fun at the same time, he was playing sad music in the background while he put the donation messages in a text to speech engine. also here is sneaky trying to explain the situation

c9 website says he stepped down LINK, and that it was not a rash decision, but since c9 lost two bans next match for submitting their lineup too late, it probably means it was.

edit: holy SSHIT what is up with gaf today

Fnatic remain unbeaten with 6 games left in the season. Need to win one more game (vs. H2k) to tie C9's all-time LCS win streak, and two more games (vs. Origen and H2k) to beat it. They also need to finish with at least 16 wins to take C9's win percentage record. EU is very clearly split into a top three competing for playoff byes and a bottom seven scrambling for survival. Still think it'll be Gambit who emerge as the strongest team in playoffs from the moshpit.

Big games tomorrow in the NA LCS. C9, with Hai trying to lead the team from the jungle, take on Team Liquid. Lose and their playoff hopes (and therefore their realistic Worlds hopes) will be hangling by a thread. NME face TiP, knowing that defeat likely ends their playoff hopes. CLG and Gravity, tied for second, each have a big opportunity to dent the others' hopes of securing a playoff bye. Team8 are in renewed danger of direct relegation thanks to TDK finally getting Emperor and Ninja into their team, and desperately need a win against Dignitas. And TDK, for whom every match is vital, take on TSM.

Elfstruck

C9 loses a couple of bans since they sent in the final roster including Meteos but later changed it due to subs. If they benched him, they could have done it a day or two earlier and not lose 2 bans.

Well, thanks god they shitted in their scrim, otherwise we might not see C9 next split. Hai is the heart and soul of this team, take it away and C9 is just another average team. Just like Sneaky said on stream, ''without Hai, we are headless chickens''

TomShoe

Banned
Fnatic remain unbeaten with 6 games left in the season. Need to win one more game (vs. H2k) to tie C9's all-time LCS win streak, and two more games (vs. Origen and H2k) to beat it. They also need to finish with at least 16 wins to take C9's win percentage record. EU is very clearly split into a top three competing for playoff byes and a bottom seven scrambling for survival. Still think it'll be Gambit who emerge as the strongest team in playoffs from the moshpit.

Big games tomorrow in the NA LCS. C9, with Hai trying to lead the team from the jungle, take on Team Liquid. Lose and their playoff hopes (and therefore their realistic Worlds hopes) will be hangling by a thread. NME face TiP, knowing that defeat likely ends their playoff hopes. CLG and Gravity, tied for second, each have a big opportunity to dent the others' hopes of securing a playoff bye. Team8 are in renewed danger of direct relegation thanks to TDK finally getting Emperor and Ninja into their team, and desperately need a win against Dignitas. And TDK, for whom every match is vital, take on TSM.

If there's any time that Fnatic could lose, it's next week. If they knock off both Origen & H2K, I think they'll go unbeaten all split. Giants have potential, but the late game shot-calling just isn't there. CWA definitely going to be auto'ed though. No sympathy from me, real scumbag move by Dentist and the org for treating them that way, even though YB & Unlimited aren't the greatest of players.

I'd argue that C9's playoff hopes are already hanging by a thread. I'm looking forward to seeing Hai in jungle, that way he can have his famous shot-calling on the team in a less mechanically demanding role. TiP is TiP, how they finish depends on how much their shot calling improves. I just want to see more XWX in mechanically demanding champs. That Yasuo game was a joy to watch.

As far as the bottom goes, T8 is now the most likely candidate for relegation, now that C9 is bringing in Hai and TDK finally has their full roster. After this season, if they avoid relegation, T8 has some serious changes to make to their roster. Nien needs to go, he's just not an LCS level ADC. His positioning is poor and his KDA is the lowest of all ADCs, only higher than Maplestreet & Lattman, who are barely LCS level themselves. I know Cali is retiring. Kick Slooshi for Goldenglue, his GPM is higher. Porpoise is also meh. IDK about Dodo. TDK is looking much better after beating Dig, maybe they can put some fear into TSM and get a victory vs. their other opponent Sunday.

clemenx

Banned
This whole C9 fiasco puts a huge dent on the team's legacy for me. The whole synergy and structure on a team can't depend on one person. This speaks badly about their fundamental structure as a team. 4 talented guys cannot be feeling like "headless chickens" just because one guy is no more. All credit to Hai, I guess. But this speaks badly of all the C9 staff.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah I really don't like what seems like an attempt to just shoehorn Hai into the team (and I know he used to play jungler). I agree that the team needs his shotcalling but unless something's dramatically improved with his wrists, this is only a bandaid solution.

Elfstruck

Yeah I really don't like what seems like an attempt to just shoehorn Hai into the team (and I know he used to play jungler). I agree that the team needs his shotcalling but unless something's dramatically improved with his wrists, this is only a bandaid solution.

His wrist was injured, but that's not the main reason that Hai stepped down. His teammates lost trust in him, beside lemon. Hai has been playing for 4-5 hours a day after he quitted competitive scene so his wrist has improved a bit. If he manages to help his team to go 2-0 and somehow makes playoff, then I bet C9 will either go back to the old roster or lemon steps down, and Hai becomes support.

Fracas

#fuckonami
His wrist was injured, but that's not the main reason that Hai stepped down. His teammates lost trust in him, beside lemon. Hai has been playing for 4-5 hours a day after he quitted competitive scene so his wrist has improved a bit. If he manages to help his team to go 2-0 and somehow makes playoff, then I bet C9 will either go back to the old roster or lemon steps down, and Hai becomes support.

IMO that'd be a good route to consider. Lemon's strength is his game knowledge, not his mechanics. Hai on support would be like old school C9 but now he has a potentially great midlaner in Incarnation at his disposal.

I'm not sure the Luden's interaction nerf on Runeglaive will be enough to stop Ez from being stupid, specially since people are taking pink smite to get even more wave clear.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Genuinely hate how tsm gets away with playing so poorly in NA LCS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This is what happens when you listen to Reddit to allow "fun" builds

Gut his AP ratios and never look back

They played ok though?

B-b-but my nonmeta picks! Stop enforcing a meta you LoLnazi!

Top Bottom