• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

clemenx

Banned
Hey let's give out the same teamcomp that has been OP for like 4 patches in a row. We're going to win because lol AP Ez.

Are these even pro teams? Lol, pick&bans these bad are inexcusable.

Hey let's give out the same teamcomp that has been OP for like 4 patches in a row. We're going to win because lol AP Ez.

Are these even pro teams? Lol, pick&bans these bad are inexcusable.
Every meta jungler besides Gragas is open. Time for Vi because we gave them Kalista!

Also a Jinx pick because we banned the one thing that could probably peel for her in such a comp.

Well, if you ever took Dignitas seriously you weren't paying attention. This is business as usual. Now watch Impulse somehow find a way to donate them the win, anyway.

I would've actually liked to see Rush build a second damage item (even if just a Hexdrinker) before going into defensive stats with all the kills he had, but it's hard to argue with results. Looks like Team Impulse doesn't need the tax credit for donating to the Get Dignitas to Playoffs Foundation.

Makareu

EDG with a 13k gold lead at 20 min against OMG, en route for a perfect game ...
SKT and EDG are in a league of their own, I dont think Fnatic is there yet.

This Ahri was not a good choice. I can't remember the last time I saw a player free-farming this hard in a professional game, Keane's been over 10 CS/minute basically the entire game.

C9's incredible slump versus Dignitas's legendary ability to throw away the back half of a season. It's hard to say which of these team wants the loss more, but you can be sure they're both going to play their worst to try and pick it up.

Thus far, it's looking like C9 - as promising a season as they've had when it comes to losing - are no match for the raw experience Dignitas has accumulated by disappointing fans year in and year out since before the LCS even existed.

I can't believe people actually thought Dig was good earlier this season. Hadn't they just played almost entirely against the bottom teams? I feel like this was to be expected.

I can't believe people actually thought Dig was good earlier this season. Hadn't they just played almost entirely against the bottom teams? I feel like this was to be expected.

The way the season is set up, teams actually play every other team once by mid-season*. Dig has in fact played all the top teams, but their ability to lose their last ten games in any given season has nothing to do with the prior performance in that season.

*I should note here that by "season" I mean Spring, Summer, etc. Not the Riot definition where there's a Spring "split" and a Summer "split" to a single "Season".

Twookie

FUCK YES
mayatomr_laugh.gif

Leezard

Dig were beating "top teams" of NA as well.

Not many people thought Dig was good though, it was more of a "if Dig is a top team then NA is screwed" sentiment.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hai confirmed he's jungler for the rest of the split/playoffs/potential worlds appearance.

Really wonder what's going to happen with Meteos, if anything.

Dig won a lot of close, messy games against the top teams. Only one or two of their wins were at all convincing, and usually against lesser teams (like NME). Few thought their form would hold up till playoffs.

Not sure I agree with Liquid picking Corki into an enemy line up of Gragas, Maokai and Shen when they have AP damage top and mid. Bit risky.

Dig won a lot of close, messy games against the top teams. Only one or two of their wins were at all convincing, and usually against lesser teams (like NME). Few thought their form would hold up till playoffs.

Not sure I agree with Liquid picking Corki into an enemy line up of Gragas, Maokai and Shen when they have AP damage top and mid. Bit risky.

The really concerning part is that most of their wins even against bottom-tier teams weren't very convincing, and relied on their opponents massively throwing at some point.

I've probably said it before, but you can tell championship caliber teams more by their performance against bottom-tier teams than top-tier teams. A team that ruthlessly destroys weaker opponents may have some deficiencies that need to be corrected to beat other top-tier teams (champion pools, compositions, team fighting, etc.), but a team that can't consistently beat weaker opponents is essentially a lost cause, even if they sometimes take games off world champions.

That's why NA's such a shit-show this season. The top teams are all playing way more poorly against the bottom teams than they should, often even falling behind badly against them and having to drag games out to pick up the win, or even losing to them outright.

Good Guy TSM, making sure Fenix gets his blue buff.

This is sadly probably the most important game for the rest of the NA season in terms of standings. Not much to look at, though.

Top Bottom