• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Skux

Was there even a ward over the baron wall? Absolute brain fade from TSM. TL didn't do that much better (hi Tibbers) but one had to be worse than the other.

Just don't get why people prioritize Shen support .... seems completely useless.

Dyrus has to retire. Santorin needs to be replaced. Turtle still sucks with positioning.

GV has gone 3-0 with support Shen. And I don't think Lustboy was even a problem this game. TSM had so many other blunders that support Shen shouldn't even make the list of problems.

That's TSM first winless week since Week 2 of the 2014 Summer Split (lost to CLG and Dignitas). Regi will not be happy.

EDG made excellent use of support Shen in winning the Demacia Cup today. In game 1, OMG's AD carry, North, thought he was safe waveclearing under bot outer tower as Sivir against Deft's Vayne, when suddenly, for no obvious reason, Deft pops ult and Tumbles toward tower. Shen ult is cast on him when North fights back. Kill and tower secured.

Ugh that's why I hate support shen. If your bot lane can't hold their own, he can just make TP and swing mid/top lane with ease. Impact was out playing Cali, but now that Cali has the kill it swings to his favor.

Blizzard

Banned
I can't remember a week this season that had such a large number of posts, especially posts about mistakes in the games. I didn't watch but it sounds like today was especially mediocre / amusing.

I can't remember a week this season that had such a large number of posts, especially posts about mistakes in the games. I didn't watch but it sounds like today was especially mediocre / amusing.

It was pretty bad, yeah. None of the winning teams even looked especially good in victory, and some of them were bungling so badly that they once again made me wish that we had an Elements Exception Clause that allows for both teams to be declared losers in match.

dont kid urselves about na/eu

they're both shitshows. the only 2 regions that matter are china and korea.

I was honestly worried about even Korea this season, but SKT seems to be in form despite the great Korean Talent Diaspora. I suppose at the end of the day, as long as the organizations keep the coaches and support staff the talent pool is deep enough to manage some poaching.

There's actually one unbeaten team left in every region except NA, if you count China, Taiwan and Korea by series results (and not match results). AHQ is top seed in the Taiwanese playoffs, with a series record of 11-3-0 (25-3 in maps). Qiao Gu, although only second in the Chinese LPL, and although beaten in the Demacia Cup tournament 3-1 by LGD, has a series record of 5-9-0 (match record 19-9). EDG has a record of 6-6-2, but both of their defeats came while Baeme was subbing in for PawN*. SKT is 13-0 (match record 26-2), and Fnatic is 14-0.

*The last time EDG lost a series with PawN was on January 23rd, against Snake, in Week 2 of the LPL Spring Season.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 8 - Day 1

t1437062400z1.png

Giants Gaming vs H2K
Copenhagen Wolves vs Elements
Unicorns of Love vs SK Gaming
Gambit Gaming vs Origen
Roccat vs Fnatic

TomShoe

Banned
The Promotion Series for both leagues are going to be fun. CW are practically auto-relegated at this point, serves them right. Dentist and co. are probably donezo, since I don't think anyone with actual potential would want to play for them at this point. Judging by how good Gamers2 are looking right now, I think they shouldn't have too much problem sacking what's left of SK right now, especially a squad that doesn't even want to play for their org. Denial/Mouz might have a tougher time vs. Elements, considering Wickd hasn't been looking too good.

As for NA, a lot is still up in the air as of now. Things aren't looking good for TDK, even with their full roster, they still haven't improved much, at least not enough to avoid relegation. Shame, but that's on poor management. Should've had everything sorted out before the split started. Enemy is looking OK, though I think they'll have a tough time trying to beat either Team Coast or Renegades. Cris is being his usual gatekeeper self, but the whole team looks much better this time. Hopefully the org doesn't fuck things up trying to bring in Koreans like last time. I think Saintvicious knows better. Renegades with Alex & RF are a joy to watch. Even if they win, they'll have to find a replacement for Remilia. If Imagine (Steeelback, Mancloud and co.) slip by Cloud 9 Tempest, them vs. C9 ought to be entertaining. Talentwise, I think C9 has the edge, but they might go on tilt since they've been playing so poorly all split. However, if C9T make it to the promo tournament, things are going to get very weird indeed. C9T would have to face NME, and C9 would go against Renegades/Coast, a difficult situation indeed. Maybe it'll lead the C9 org to treat C9T with some respect, considering at this point they're just 5 guys with no support staff. They org is essentially just holding their rights at this point. Much like the old TSM Darkness guys.

Being as far behind as UOL is on a triple-poke composition is basically the worst feeling possible in League of Legends. There's really just nothing but suffering to come.

SK/UoL is making H2K/Giants look like a close match. Wow. Unicorns should be very thankful they've already got 7 wins and are likely safe from relegations.

Athreous

I'm trying to be better at LoL but I'm horrible at farming for example... I'm always trying but I can't get the time to hit the final blow on units... any tips?

One thing that does help is sticking with the same champion for a while to get used to their attack animations and damage values. Also, if you're under level 30 then you won't have a full set of runes and masteries, which can make a big difference to your champion's strength in the early stages of a game. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Top Bottom