• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

I hope TSM's logic was "we really need to practice with double globals", because holy fuck, do they ever need practice with double globals. No strategic awareness at all.

That whole game turned on Bjergsen getting chunked out in mid lane right when Lustboy/Santorin had called the dive on top lane, assuming they had his back up. A double global comp can't afford to hand over 4 kills for free in the laning phase like that.

TSM taking a page from Regi's excellent shotcalling skills to lose all of their outer and inner towers by blowing all globals to kill a top laner.

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't tell you how happy I am to see TSM lose 4 straight.

I'm done with these 1 games I can't wait to see Gravity and TIP in a 5 game series.

HORRORSHØW

thank god. rng looks leagues better than them atm
--
adrian from tip stepping down. terrible time. gate looked terrible in streams.

AcridMeat

Banned
Grimløck;172313972 said:
thank god. rng looks leagues better than them atm
--
adrian from tip stepping down. terrible time. gate looked terrible in streams.
WTF at this. What kind of timing is that? They're on a 6-0 streak and can take 2nd. Mannnnn :(

Edit: Just looked up the statement and his stats. This has to be a push from the team, cause this is straight bogus. Guy has been awesome this split.

Good stuff, TiP blowing themselves up just when it looked like they were ready to mount a huge challenge in playoffs, and even secure a bye.

Check out China's new playoff format, complicated even by the intricate standards of Chinese MOBA tournaments:

http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/2015_LPL/Summer/Playoffs

So 7th seeds plays the 8th seed, winner plays the 6th. Both matches are Bo5, both losers are out, leaving 5 teams standing.

The team that made it through the preliminary bracket plays a Bo5 against the 5th seed, which serves to determine who their next opponent will be - the winner plays the 4th seed, the loser the 3rd seed. Those two matches are also Bo5s and the losers are knocked out.

Then, the two surviving teams play the 1st and 2nd seeds in Bo5s in the playoff Semi-Finals, with the winners contesting the final.

And after all that, I'm sure there will be another tournament held soon after to determine Worlds qualification (excluding the Summer Split winners, who will already be qualified I think).

Good stuff, TiP blowing themselves up just when it looked like they were ready to mount a huge challenge in playoffs, and even secure a bye.

Check out China's new playoff format, complicated even by the intricate standards of Chinese MOBA tournaments:

http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/2015_LPL/Summer/Playoffs

So 7th seeds plays the 8th seed, winner plays the 6th. Both matches are Bo5, both losers are out, leaving 5 teams standing.

The team that made it through the preliminary bracket plays a Bo5 against the 5th seed, which serves to determine who their next opponent will be - the winner plays the 4th seed, the loser the 3rd seed. Those two matches are also Bo5s and the losers are knocked out.

Then, the two surviving teams play the 1st and 2nd seeds in Bo5s in the playoff Semi-Finals, with the winners contesting the final.

And after all that, I'm sure there will be another tournament held soon after to determine Worlds qualification (excluding the Summer Split winners, who will already be qualified I think).

That's definitely one convoluted format, did they take notes from The International 2014?

The Gragas nerf will never stop being hilarious. Dude just slip-sliding through four members of the enemy team at point-blank range without making contact.

Top Bottom