• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

I'm trying to be better at LoL but I'm horrible at farming for example... I'm always trying but I can't get the time to hit the final blow on units... any tips?

Make a custom game with no opponents or bots, go into lane, and concentrate on only last-hitting. Don't hit minions at all unless it's to last-hit them; press 'S' (by default) to stop your auto-attacks while you're waiting. Use only auto-attacks to finish them off at first.

You should notice that normal minion-vs-minion damage creates spacings where it isn't possible to finish all of them off (either because of minions going down near-simultaneously or, particularly in cannon waves, because minions lose too much health to be reliably last-hit with an auto-attack). This is where you want to start practicing weaving in your activated abilities to pick up what would otherwise be lost CS.

Before you end the custom game, make sure to find a lane where minions are pushing into a tower in a large group. (This will happen naturally at some point in empty lanes.) Take some time to get used to last-hitting under tower. (The general rule is: an undamaged normal melee minion can take two tower shots before you need to last-hit it. A normal ranged minion can take only one before you need to last-hit it, so you either need to have enough damage to finish it off from there or "prep" it by doing one auto-attack before it takes the tower shot.)

After that, just play games, honestly. You don't want to spend too much time on "drills"/fundamentals, because you're going to need to start learning to CS under duress ASAP. It's sort of like free-throw drills in basketball.

Edit: Gambit gives up a dragon solely due to lack of vision, Origen gives up a baron solely due to lack of vision. I am disappoint, EU, even with my low expectations.

Riven pick in LCS?

It's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Nekofrog

Banned
the ironic thing is newt has been all about cop for the last couple splits, and if you were to take that to the next level and get all of cop's players, you'd be in pretty good standings in fantasy

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 8 - Day 2

t1437148800z1.png

Giants Gaming vs Roccat
H2K vs Copenhagen Wolves
SK Gaming vs Origen
Elements vs Fnatic
Unicorns of Love vs Gambit Gaming

I don't get how Ryu can get hit by this many hooks but be this quick about Cleansing them. You can't Cleanse that quickly unless you're anticipating being hooked in the first place. If you're anticipating being hooked, why are you constantly getting hooked? Try not standing there when you get the feeling you're about to eat a hook, sheesh.

Only caught the tail end of the H2K v CW game, I guess H2K got sucked into playing yoloqueue against CW?

CW ran a pick comp, and H2K attempted the bold strategy of not avoiding a single skillshot the entire game. People just constantly getting chain CC'd more or less uncontested the whole time.

garath

Woooow. EL Almost had that game with that dragon play. Instead it looks like FNC with another win. They will make a lot of that advantage.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what the bloody fuck PoE is building

Or more importantly why is Betsy split pushing with Ahri??????????

clemenx

Banned
I wish that game was a bit longer. Amazing shitshow.

Fuck it. They should make Runeglaive a regular item and let Magus for the smiters.

Credit to Elements for keeping even with Fnatic for 27 minutes even despite getting a bit unlucky in the early dragon fight. Most of their close matches have been a result of dumb early mistakes and not so much solid play on the part of their opponents. Froggen in particular was excellent. Unfortunately, once they lost vision on baron they were done for with their poke comp. Big fan of the full damage Jarvan against a line up full of squishy pokers like Nidalee, Varus and Corki - it's something that's been fairly common in China for a couple of seasons but never really caught on in the west (or Korea). Puts a ton of pressure on the peelers (in this case Jwaow and Nyph) to always be in the right positon or there will be dunkage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Any chance someone picks Zyra in NA LCS tomorrow? Saw Zyra mid played in EU Challenger game. I wanna see more.
Almost nobody in NA or EU knows how to draft, so literally anything could show up. I think any team picking her would be making a mistake though.

Akira

Almost nobody in NA or EU knows how to draft, so literally anything could show up. I think any team picking her would be making a mistake though.

I saw Lemonnation had 2 games on her the past week. :O

You're right, but I think she's a stronger pick at mid than support at this point for all her damage. The AP items buff was good for her and the lack of mobility is not as big of a problem as in the past year's assassin meta.

The thing is that as far as competitive goes mid Zyra doesn't really add to a comp more than supp Zyra does. Ok she does a lot of damage but so does supp Zyra and you don't have to sacrifice a stupid pick like Viktor or a poke comp for it.

It's the same as Morg. Neither are bad midlaners but pro players just want to maximize their compositions.

Makareu

Hum, did Santorin ult ruined their dive or I missed something ?

edit :

He just sat on it through the entire fight, then uses it to get just Impact off him after Turtle is dead and dies anyways

ok I though he used it when janna ulted but it's even worse

Top Bottom