• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

TomShoe

Banned
Even though they lost, I don't feel super bad. That's the strongest they've looked all split.

You might have to. C9 is still 1 game behind Team 8 for the 7th spot, which they need to avoid relegations and still have a chance at making worlds.

Nekofrog

Banned
i kept waiting to see a zhonyas on incarnati0n throughout the entire game. his lane was a hotbed of activity.

i kept waiting.

and waiting.

and waiting.

then i saw a haunting gweezee in his last slot and i was like wat

It was basically ARAM for 2/3 of the game, lol

Fun game though

Their team comps were not good for split pushing, so when objectives were down they just had to sit mid. Their teams were built around speed and kiting, so the fights were all over the place. Each team was trying to play out their game plan, and I think they mostly did without too many mechanical mistakes.

The main stupid plays by each team were Aphroomoo and Double going in at the baron and C9's first lost team fight that let CLG back into it.

sleepykyo

I still can't believe Dignitas is a relatively good team this season. Can Riot suspend the nationality rules and import a Chinese/Korean team for a season?

Blizzard

Banned
I still can't believe Dignitas is a relatively good team this season. Can Riot suspend the nationality rules and import a Chinese/Korean team for a season?
It's the last half of the season though. I have high confidence in Dignitas' ability to throw harder than TSM.

The fuck is up with this meta of having the jungler hold the top laners hand. Like the fuck. Only for them to freeze the damn lane afterwards. It's like they want to have a laning phase but not wanting to have a laning phase.

The fuck is up with this meta of having the jungler hold the top laners hand. Like the fuck. Only for them to freeze the damn lane afterwards. It's like they want to have a laning phase but not wanting to have a laning phase.
Early game in NA is just a joke. Trade jungle camps, give level 2 to the top laner, take down side towers and just farm for 10 minutes before a jungler decides to 4v1 gank someone freezing a lane.

It's booooooring

Early game in NA is just a joke. Trade jungle camps, give level 2 to the top laner, take down side towers and just farm for 10 minutes before a jungler decides to 4v1 gank someone freezing a lane.

It's booooooring

Yeah it's like...like I don't like that NA hasn't won a world championship yet, but they deserve to lose because holy shit their early game is horrendous. And then you have Dig send their AD/Supp bottom without a tower and intend for them to farm? Like the fuck you doing.

Jesus. Viktor vs. Kog match-up, Bjerg's missing "free" CS left and right, and somehow Shiphtur's still managed to be significantly behind in farm. Does the dude seriously just not know how to last-hit?

There's basically no way Dig should be able to win with their composition after falling behind in laning phase, so I fully expect TSM to find some miraculous way to throw.

I mean, they've got basically no engage and no substantial poke against a double disengage poke team. This is practically destined to be the slowest, most painful bleed-out loss possible.

Edit: Haha. "It looks like they [Dig] are waiting for TSM to make a mistake..." camera-man pans over Dig's 1,001 Baron wards suggestively. Give that man a raise.

That's the other thing. Nothing is happening. Maybe HotS has spoiled me with the minute to minute action, but here you have what has been...a good 5 minutes of nothing happening. 3 fights in 25 minutes.

It's like either team is afraid to do anything that isn't an objective. TSM especially, they've had a lead for what, 15 minutes, and they only wait until Dragon to do something.

It makes for boring games. Sure safe, but Dignitas isn't exactly the best team, and TSM hasn't showed their dominance. Well now that they have Baron they are.

Edit-Of course Dig waits until the turret is down to initiate, even though Rek could've jumped on Koggy while turret was up. Too late dig, ya suck.

That's the other thing. Nothing is happening. Maybe HotS has spoiled me with the minute to minute action, but here you have what has been...a good 5 minutes of nothing happening. 3 fights in 25 minutes.

It's like either team is afraid to do anything that isn't an objective. TSM especially, they've had a lead for what, 15 minutes, and they only wait until Dragon to do something.

It makes for boring games. Sure safe, but Dignitas isn't exactly the best team, and TSM hasn't showed their dominance. Well now that they have Baron they are.

Edit-Of course Dig waits until the turret is down to initiate, even though Rek could've jumped on Koggy while turret was up. Too late dig, ya suck.
That's basically it.

NA teams are straight up afraid to actually play League of Legends. No one wants to lane, no one wants to contest jungle camps, no one wants to do jack shit between TP cooldowns, it's awful.

Blame Dig for picking an unwinnable composition. They needed effective hard engage somewhere, or vastly stronger laning (and betting on winning lanes when you have Shiphtur and KiwiKid on your team is incredibly dumb). They basically picked a team that TSM could poke out nonstop at their leisure, so that's exactly what TSM is doing.

That's basically it.

NA teams are straight up afraid to actually play League of Legends. No one wants to lane, no one wants to contest jungle camps, no one wants to do jack shit between TP cooldowns, it's awful.

It's hilarious. It's like holy shit. I think TSM mentioned before that in scrims they just go wild and have crazy games, but none of that translates into the actual LCS games. It's like, why the fuck scrim if you're not learning anything by playing completely different?

Blame Dig for picking an unwinnable composition. They needed effective hard engage somewhere, or vastly stronger laning (and betting on winning lanes when you have Shiphtur and KiwiKid on your team is incredibly dumb). They basically picked a team that TSM could poke out nonstop at their leisure, so that's exactly what TSM is doing.

I blame TSM for not being able to constantly dominate. They wait until dragon to teamfight, Baron to actually push...it's like you have an advantage, start pushing and stop stagnating. It's why they've lost games before against other teams, they wait too long before they push. Other teams take advantage of that and that's why TSM has been losing. Dignitas has little to no mobility aside from Reksai, so who knows what the fuck they were thinking.

I blame TSM for not being able to constantly dominate. They wait until dragon to teamfight, Baron to actually push...it's like you have an advantage, start pushing and stop stagnating. It's why they've lost games before against other teams, they wait too long before they push. Other teams take advantage of that and that's why TSM has been losing. Dignitas has little to no mobility aside from Reksai, so who knows what the fuck they were thinking.

They did dominate. Yes, it's boring to watch, but this is exactly what happens when a poke composition dominates. They prevent any sort of engagement to happen and get everything they want without ever really fighting.

Hard pushing and getting engaged on with a poke composition when ahead is exactly how you lose. The only reason to do it is if you're afraid of getting outscaled or split-pushed, and neither of those things were a credible threat with Dig's composition.

You might not want to hear it, but this is exactly how SKT would have played out this game. They don't take stupid risks. They accept free wins when they're offered. That's why they're undefeated. The only difference is there's no Korean team stupid enough to actually try that bad of a composition against them.

They did dominate. Yes, it's boring to watch, but this is exactly what happens when a poke composition dominates. They prevent any sort of engagement to happen and get everything they want without ever really fighting.

Hard pushing and getting engaged on with a poke composition when ahead is exactly how you lose. The only reason to do it is if you're afraid of getting outscaled or split-pushed, and neither of those things were a credible threat with Dig's composition.

You might not want to hear it, but this is exactly how SKT would have played out this game. They don't take stupid risks. They accept free wins when they're offered. That's why they're undefeated. The only difference is there's no Korean team stupid enough to actually try that bad of a composition against them.

Like I mentioned, I'm probably spoiled because of HotS and the constant team fighting and objective taking, but it was pretty boring to watch. And if Dignitas took advantage of this, TSM is usually weakest at midgame because they end up waiting too long, they could've beat them out easily. And they showed it in spades this match. If TSM doesn't get their shit up, then Worlds will continue to be a dream.

Like I mentioned, I'm probably spoiled because of HotS and the constant team fighting and objective taking, but it was pretty boring to watch. And if Dignitas took advantage of this, TSM is usually weakest at midgame because they end up waiting too long, they could've beat them out easily. And they showed it in spades this match. If TSM doesn't get their shit up, then Worlds will continue to be a dream.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, it's super boring to watch, but that's poke compositions by the numbers. TSM played almost perfectly, as sad as that it to say.

Again, the fault is entirely with the state of the game (well, that and Dig again picking an absurdly dumb composition for the current meta). TSM's strategic play, outside of getting zoned out needlessly on that early dragon, was basically immaculate. I would say "get used to watching this type of game", but I think basically every other team in every other region knows how to play against poke, so it shouldn't ever be this bad.

idlewild_

TSM is kind of lucky that C9 can't make playoffs, due to the points they picked up in spring split they can lose every game in the playoffs and still AQ for worlds.

They are guaranteed 110 points even if they finish in 5th/6th, since the winner of summer auto-qualifies the only teams that can beat TSM on points are TL if they finish 2nd/3rd and TIP if they finish 2nd. If TSM wins one series then TL has to take 2nd to overtake them in points and any more wins than that for TSM is AQ.

TomShoe

Banned
TiP Smoothie :^)

This is why need more games and BO2s. The games are so important that NA teams are scared to try new things and mess around. Hell, the Koreans have 42 games to NA's 18. I understand this format is better for viewers, but come on now, things need to change if NA is ever going to get better.

Seriously, guy? This is pure YOLO queue. It's kind of fun to watch, but either of these teams playing this way would get torn to pieces by any Korean team other than maybe Anarchy. The only reason this is even a match is because TIP is being disrespectful and fucking around all over the place.

Ambition

Seriously, guy? This is pure YOLO queue. It's kind of fun to watch, but either of these teams playing this way would get torn to pieces by any Korean team other than maybe Anarchy. The only reason this is even a match is because TIP is being disrespectful and fucking around all over the place.

I mean, it's kinda understandable. TiP is going against a team that WILL get relegated so why should they try hard.

Edit: And right after I type this TiP loses a fight. RIP stacks

TomShoe

Banned
Gate is so bad, man. Leaving his AD carry all by his lonesome to get killed by Ninja. I hope they bring back Adrian, now is not the time for this.

I mean, it's kinda understandable. TiP is going against a team that WILL get relegated so why should they try hard.

I would kind of like to see some discipline from Impulse since they have a bad habit of falling back into this playstyle even in important games, but I can definitely understand them trying to style on TDK of all teams.

They're just having fun, though. There's almost no chance they play this way against Korean or Chinese teams. (Unless it's their last game of groups at Worlds and they've already been eliminated.)

As the adage goes

The only reason these teams are in NA

is because they would be destroyed by their fellow countrymen in their country

It's like making a smurf in order to shit on newbies because you're not good enough in your own tier, except on a national level

Blizzard

Banned
I might end up with the highest team score in the league this week. Unfortunately it's a bit late in the season for that to mean anything, but I'll take it.

TomShoe

Banned
Lame week from NA all around.

Soooo we've got a few battles going on now.

1st Place - Gravity vs. Impulse

Playoff Byes - TIP vs. CLG vs. TL & TSM/DIG

Avoid Relegation (& Worlds?) Cloud 9 vs. Team 8

Probable Promotions Matchups: Team Coast vs. NME/C9 & Cloud 9 Tempest vs. NME/T8

Top Bottom