• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Rekt'sai confirming that instanban necessity.

Edit: Riot need to sort thier stream quality out. I'm on source and the interface and player names look blurry as fuck.

So far none of H2K, Copenhagen Wolves, Giants, Gambit, Roccat and MYM have managed to record a win over any of the other 4 teams in the EU LCS (Elements, Fnatic, SK, Unicorns of Love). I'm sure a few (probably H2K, Roccat and Gambit) will do so soon enough, but some of those 6 teams are going to really struggle this split. Velocity's record (18% win-rate with a W/L of 5-23) may well be in danger, both in terms of "number of wins", which I think is almost certain to go, and even win-rate. A team would need 3 wins or less to take the all-time lowest win-rate in an LCS split record from Velocity.

Of course, I could be seeing things totally wrong - what might happen is all the weak EU LCS teams feed each other enough wins to get the likes of CW and MYM over Velocity's benchmark, while Dignitas, having lost Crumbzz, get pounded on for 14 games in NA, and they take the records.

Blizzard

Banned
Rekt'sai confirming that instanban necessity.

Edit: Riot need to sort thier stream quality out. I'm on source and the interface and player names look blurry as fuck.
I think that's because the original is 1080p or something, and it's being broadcast in 720p, even for "source".

CW v Gambit was a great watch but for all the wrong reasons. Weird engages, missed ults, erratic shotcalling, complete lack of vision on CW's part during lane phase, long, messy teamfights. Gambit had a huge lead early on but gradually eased off the pressure and allowed CW to, first, hang on, and then claw their way back into the game with a late-game comp.

Freeze played excellently on Kalista - great kiting and good use of ult to save Unlimited on multiple occasions - and was able to carry in the late game. They may as well try to pull that off every game since there doesn't seem to be anyone else who can do much.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 3 - Day 2

t1423242000z1.png

Fnatic vs Giants Gaming
Gambit Gaming vs H2K
Meet Your Makers vs Roccat
Unicorns of Love vs Copenhagen Wolves
Elements vs SK Gaming

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
UOL suck the dream is dead, I'm dropping POE.

they had an awful comp lol.

their entire ability to engage hinged on rengar being useful and rengar wasn't useful as usual. then froggen with liss who falls off super hard late game just can't deal enough burst to kill someone and just becomes fodder for forgiven's 6 item lucian.

They had a press R comp - The Equalizer, Thrill of the Hunt, Frozen Tomb, Collateral Damage, Solar Flare - and wasted their ults once. That's enough to fall behind, and once that sort of comp falls behind, it usually stays behind unless there's a huge mistake, which SK don't make often.

CW are 3-3. How in the world did they manage that (Gambit and UoL both contrived to lose with two inhibs down).

SK are unbeaten one third of the way through the season.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 3 - Day 1

t1423339200z1.png

Gravity vs Team Impulse
Cloud 9 vs Team 8
Team Dignitas vs Team SoloMid
Team Liquid vs Team Coast
Winterfox vs Counter Logic Gaming

zkylon

zkylewd
Was it a match worth watching?

hmm not really

it was interesting and super long (i think it was like 78 minuts?), but it was a low kill game with two poke comps so i dunno

also i'm surprised kalista's e against monsters will survive 5.3

CJ/Jin Air is kind of interesting in that it was basically the same team comps twice in a row but the second match was totally different from the first (no doubt the players were a bit tired after a 75min poke war). It was a bit more interesting than most super long games normally are but it was clear from about 35-40mins that heavy scaling was going to eventually kill one team off unless there was a huge mistake. Cpt. Jack on Kalista was awesome to watch in the lategame teamfights (reminded me of Azubu Blaze circa. 2012).

also i'm surprised kalista's e against monsters will survive 5.3

Riot's opinion on her release was that the counterplay to her E securing objectives was that you could stop her stacking it up by attacking her or by zoning her out of the pit. It's a secure, not a steal, in other words (contrast Nunu Flash-Consuming or Lux Lasering from miles away). I tend to agree, but it does create a situation where a team trying to do baron/dragon has a 100% chance of getting it if Kalista isn't harassed, which is game-changing power. Her ult is also ridiculously powerful and has a wide variety of uses - it's essentially an instant-cast Thresh lantern for her support, which immediately becomes a mini-Malph ult. Kalista is popping up in almost every Korean and Chinese pick/ban phase, and I'm sure that's going to move into EU/NA very soon.

I like her though - lot of fun to watch, easy to tell the "good" players from the "great."

Riot's opinion on her release was that the counterplay to her E securing objectives was that you could stop her stacking it up by attacking her or by zoning her out of the pit. It's a secure, not a steal, in other words (contrast Nunu Flash-Consuming or Lux Lasering from miles away). I tend to agree, but it does create a situation where a team trying to do baron/dragon has a 100% chance of getting it if Kalista isn't harassed, which is game-changing power. Her ult is also ridiculously powerful and has a wide variety of uses - it's essentially an instant-cast Thresh lantern for her support, which immediately becomes a mini-Malph ult. Kalista is popping up in almost every Korean and Chinese pick/ban phase, and I'm sure that's going to move into EU/NA very soon.

I like her though - lot of fun to watch, easy to tell the "good" players from the "great."

not gonna happen until you see Bjerg play her mid

TomShoe

Banned
Sorry for the DP, but I was wrong. The NA CS and EU CS each have 3 games each on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so that's league 6 days a week. Yikes.

Blizzard

Banned
So combining information from the fantasy site and T8 team, I conclude the following:

* T8 played, but Porpoise8 didn't play, and the fantasy site didn't warn me. Is there any way to find out if a player is going to play BEFORE it's too late?

* C9 won, but somehow killed 0 towers and thus got a grand total of 4 points for their team.

This confuses me and makes me kind of hope the fantasy site is lagging.

Top Bottom