• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

zkylon

zkylewd
Riot's opinion on her release was that the counterplay to her E securing objectives was that you could stop her stacking it up by attacking her or by zoning her out of the pit. It's a secure, not a steal, in other words (contrast Nunu Flash-Consuming or Lux Lasering from miles away). I tend to agree, but it does create a situation where a team trying to do baron/dragon has a 100% chance of getting it if Kalista isn't harassed, which is game-changing power. Her ult is also ridiculously powerful and has a wide variety of uses - it's essentially an instant-cast Thresh lantern for her support, which immediately becomes a mini-Malph ult. Kalista is popping up in almost every Korean and Chinese pick/ban phase, and I'm sure that's going to move into EU/NA very soon.

I like her though - lot of fun to watch, easy to tell the "good" players from the "great."
yeah i agreed with rito on release, now not so much

i also feel like kalista being a first pick is a troubling sign as afaik she's supposed to be a fairly situational champion.

not calling for huge nerfs, i think they should just cap her baron/dragon control and see where they go from there. i think she's a fun champion to watch but that's maybe being played for not the greatest of reasons. i think the only cool use of her ult i've seen yet was the blitz combo in that clg game and other than that's it's been just regular saves or reengages or maybe brush picks

What are the most well-rounded champions in this game?
i think right now jarvan, ahri, lissandra, janna, morgana, corki and sion are some good picks with generally no bad matchups and that fit lots of different comps.

you're gonna get better answers for that here, go there to ask: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914764&page=176

So combining information from the fantasy site and T8 team, I conclude the following:

* T8 played, but Porpoise8 didn't play, and the fantasy site didn't warn me. Is there any way to find out if a player is going to play BEFORE it's too late?

* C9 won, but somehow killed 0 towers and thus got a grand total of 4 points for their team.

This confuses me and makes me kind of hope the fantasy site is lagging.

Riot has some announcement thing they post on the site about who not to play

5Q4EQA3.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Riot has some announcement thing they post on the site about who not to play
Where do I find this? The only thing I've seen is the little bar at the top which only mentions a couple of players.

I -really- want a complete list. Actually now the fantasy site is saying Cloud9 got 17 points instead of 4, and Porpoise8 DID play (but only got 4 points).

Also ouch at today's Team Liquid performance. I think it was the first game that Fenix has gotten a very low score for me.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 3 - Day 2

t1423425600z1.png

Cloud 9 vs Team Coast
Counter Logic Gaming vs Gravity
Team Liquid vs Team Dignitas
Team 8 vs Winterfox
Team SoloMid vs Team Impulse

clemenx

Banned
That Alistar portrait is horrible. I thought it was Veigar and got all excited. It was fun when Pawn used it in LPL

Sofo

Checking in!

Haven't been watching on the PC (been enjoying it on the iPad!), but I have been falling asleep lately with NA LCS due to how late they get, depending on the match lol.

Still exciting though, I'm just a sleepyhead. Q_Q

Pd. I kinda feel bad for Hai, he's so much on the spotlight, for the wrong reasons, lately. He seems nice, too.

clemenx

Banned
I have to give props to CLG. They're the only team that has been entertaining in NA for me it has been pretty boring overall.

Mostly thanks to Aphro.

Edwardo

It's too bad Link's 60 points won't save me from Ghost's Fnatic onslaught.

I need 100 pts out of IWD, Altec, Pobelter, and TSM to beat Phil. :/

zkylon

zkylewd
I have to give props to CLG. They're the only team that has been entertaining in NA for me it has been pretty boring overall.

Mostly thanks to Aphro.

yeah, clg feels like they're still playing s4 style, which was tons more entertaining than the shitty games we're seeing these days

they always do well early on and then everyone figures them out, as well as c9 lately having trouble adapting to early season metas, so give these teams a few weeks

aphro is a god forever tho

zkylon

zkylewd
kiwikid having a really good hitrate on morgana q should be a good indication of that hitbox being bullshit

also liquid hype trained crashed and burned so fast lol

I think this is going to be a rough split for Dignitas even despite this win but this team post-Crumbzz is really fun to watch.

Also, I love how fearless KiwiKid plays. Doesn't always work out but it's fun to watch.

Sofo

kiwikid having a really good hitrate on morgana q should be a good indication of that hitbox being bullshit

also liquid hype trained crashed and burned so fast lol

At first I thought you were praising Kiwi, and then I was like, oh, I can agree on this (when I reached the end) lol.

XD

Gonna go watch the last of matches in bed!

Pd. Rooting for Poopbelter, I love his personality.

Top Bottom