• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Macattk15

Winterfox and Coast .... need to fight it out for worst team.

Doesn't help that WFox has Gleeb and he should be renamed to GleebGarbageGlu.

Skux

Haven't really been excited by an LCS game this season yet. You can tell who is going to win by 20 minutes into the game, unless it goes for like 45 minutes and gold evens up.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 4 - Day 1

t1423760400z1.png

Giants Gaming vs Gambit Gaming
H2K vs Elements
Meet Your Makers vs Fnatic
Unicorns of Love vs Roccat
Copenhagen Wolves vs SK Gaming

Newt

EU LCS - Week 4 - Day 1

t1423760400z1.png

Giants Gaming vs Gambit Gaming
H2K vs Elements
Meet Your Makers vs Fnatic
Unicorns of Love vs Roccat
Copenhagen Wolves vs SK Gaming
So 1-2 games worth watching.

UoL vs Roccat and maybe H2K vs Elements.

Blizzard

Banned
Fnatic lost a game while I wasn't paying attention? I must have missed it, though Ghost still apparently didn't have a problem winning whenever it happened. :p Fnatic appears to have won earlier today.

Come on Vardags and Freeze! I need amazing ADC performances!

*edit* Does this mean there are no longer any undefeated LCS teams?

SK is still 6-0. They are playing right now against CW (in pick/ban).

Fnatic lost to UoL last week. They had a large lead with some early aggression, looking to be in complete control, before they fell short on an attempted Annie engage and UoL jumped on the error. Eventually they outscaled Fnatic.

Elements looked utterly dire against H2K. One thing to lose - happens to everyone - but another thing to get stomped while doing nothing all game against average opposition. I'm more and more convinced that they rely too heavily on winning lanes to be an elite team.

Newt

SK is still 6-0. They are playing right now against CW (in pick/ban).

Fnatic lost to UoL last week. They had a large lead with some early aggression, looking to be in complete control, before they fell short on an attempted Annie engage and UoL jumped on the error. Eventually they outscaled Fnatic.

Elements looked utterly dire against H2K. One thing to lose - happens to everyone - but another thing to get stomped while doing nothing all game against average opposition. I'm more and more convinced that they rely too heavily on winning lanes to be an elite team.
Alliance has always been a very passive team.

Blizzard

Banned
I just realized UOL Vardags didn't get many points with ROC just falling back and basically conceding, and the game ending around 30 minutes. This fantasy thing is tough.

It's fine to be a late-game team. EDG are destroying everyone with a late game focus right now in the world's best league. Najin White Shield and Samsung Blue were two of the best teams in the world with a slow paced, late game approach last year. Even SKT-T1 S were excellent for a few months (despite their obvious shortcomings). The difference with those teams and Alliance/Elements isn't so much passivity vs. aggression, as a tactical understanding of how to play a slow, control style. How to construct a pick/ban phase to get a scaling advantage while insulating yourselves against the enemy comp. How to manoeuver around the map, prepare minion waves and set up vision to head off the enemy's aggression (ClearLove and Fzzf always seem to know their enemy's moves before they do) and nullify the attacks. Then how to teamfight like gods when it comes to it. Alliance/Elements just seem to pick whatever they want and hope they can win by simply being better players (usually Froggen/Shook straight up outplaying 2v2).

I think they could be so good, but they need a good coach with the authority to tell them what to do.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 4 - Day 2

t1423846800z1.png

H2K vs Roccat
SK Gaming vs Giants Gaming
Gambit Gaming vs Elements
Copenhagen Wolves vs Fnatic
Meet Your Makers vs Unicorns of Love

Nekofrog

Banned
did you guys see rekkles just standing in founting near the end of the game shooting his skillshots backwards?

holy shit bench him, he clearly doesn't want to play

Blizzard

Banned
did you guys see rekkles just standing in founting near the end of the game shooting his skillshots backwards?

He's on your fantasy team; you have the power to bench him! :p

Both Freeze and Vardags had poor first games for me. I'm hoping my double ADC strategy this week doesn't turn out awful after Freeze was the highest-scoring player in LCS last week.

Rekkles seems to have a massive attitude problem going on considering all the bitching he did at last.fm

Honestly if he goes on as is he might as well quit competitive and go back to streaming.

Opiate

I cant blame him, Elements is not his kind of team

Apparently neither was Fnatic.

As a baseball fan, let me give a simple example: sometimes, there are players who don't gel with a specific team, and ask to be traded. Sometimes they're obliged. And sometimes, that works out. But other times, they also don't seem to gel with their new team, only to be traded again, and then struggle with a third team. At some point, the rational conclusion one should reach is that the single player is the problem, and not everyone else.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel that's a forced read of the situation

fnatic was considered thru season late 3 and most of 4 to be a team that didn't care much about winning anymore and that was often unprepared or underpracticed or whatever. remember everyone left in fnatic, that team was just not meshing

and rekkles seems like he doesn't like elements, sure. tabzz apparently also had his issues

i think the "story" some people are making about rekkles is a bit forced

TomShoe

Banned
Apparently neither was Fnatic.

As a baseball fan, let me give a simple example: sometimes, there are players who don't gel with a specific team, and ask to be traded. Sometimes they're obliged. And sometimes, that works out. But other times, they also don't seem to gel with their new team, only to be traded again, and then struggle with a third team. At some point, the rational conclusion one should reach is that the single player is the problem, and not everyone else.

Reminds me of the old dating adage:

"If you have one bad relationship after another, the only common denominator is YOU. Think about it."

Nekofrog

Banned
i feel that's a forced read of the situation

fnatic was considered thru season late 3 and most of 4 to be a team that didn't care much about winning anymore and that was often unprepared or underpracticed or whatever. remember everyone left in fnatic, that team was just not meshing

and rekkles seems like he doesn't like elements, sure. tabzz apparently also had his issues

i think the "story" some people are making about rekkles is a bit forced

dude he left a disorganized team that hated to practice and didn't take anything serious for a well known disorganized team that hated to practice and especially hated having any type of upper management that had any say in how/what they played

it was destined for failure

Top Bottom