• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

That is extremely unlikely, considering TSM has the Spring split 1st place and an extremely high chance of placing 4th or higher. Unfortunately, C9 was the 2nd place finisher in the last split (and thus the ones most able to challenge them on championship points), but we know how that turned out.

The reason this matters is because Impulse, for example, only has 30 CP to TSM's 90 (and CLG a measly 10), meaning these teams almost have to get 1st to qualify. You basically need for TSM to come in 5th place or lower for them not to qualify, and if they have a first round bye...

That said, all of those teams can potentially make it, just that specific combination is absurdly unlikely.

CLG 1st, Liquid 2nd, TIP 3rd, TSM 4th, then in the Regional Qualifier TSM fails :p

yeah ok this is incredibly unlikely

Yeah, I'd rather play in a very competitive league than a one team dominate league.

Like SKT lost against CJ Entus, and that's probably the best thing for them because they'll face CJ again in the playoffs and need to make mistakes earlier to fix them for the playoffs.

idlewild_

TSM getting 5th/6th is a pretty real possibility. Whoever wins the TL/TIP game is guaranteed top 3. CLG is playing T8 tomorrow and should win and secure top 3 as well, GV plays TDK and should win and get a top 3 spot. That means TSM is almost guaranteed to play the loser of TL/TIP in the first round of the playoffs. At the current moment, I'm not sure they can beat either even with the whole Gate situation with TIP.

CLG 1st, Liquid 2nd, TIP 3rd, TSM 4th, then in the Regional Qualifier TSM fails :p

yeah ok this is incredibly unlikely

Yeah, it obviously depends a lot on how the brackets get sketched out whether or not it's even possible for the scenario to occur. (As you might have CLG playing TIP too early in the brackets, for example.)

The painful part about a league without a lot of competition is honestly more in scrims than active play. A team with strong competition can test out compositions (and counters to compositions) against those teams. You can't really do that effectively against teams that are significantly worse than yours, because you end up with the obvious questions: did our composition actually work, or are our scrim partners just bad? Was our strategy sound, or do our opponents simply not know how to punish it properly?

Edit: And now it's time to see if the zombie-claw of TDK drags C9 down into the grave with them.

Man, you can tell this is just off-the-cuff and not a thing they've been keeping in their back pocket well-practiced or planned. Smoothie, build a Zeke's, maybe even an Ardent Censor since you're on Thresh.

C9, you just keep feeling bad about yourselves and what you've done.

Fracas

#fuckonami
jesus christ

oh yeah there are 4 tdk dudes right next to you but let's go for baron anyway yesssss

C9 is my favorite team but they deserve relegation

C9 still have a chance if T8 lose to CLG, but their fate isn't in their own hands any more. Happy to see TDK get another win - they really did not deserve to share the all-time worst split record with Coast.

cky-aqyvaaayhh7q9oqm.jpg
lol

They lost really hard early and it snowballed from there. That's basically the only way to lose to a full AD team.

C9 was up for a lot of the early game with more or even gold, but they just kept getting picked out by Rush while Impact drew them with split push.

It was an awesome strategy.

Then TDK had so much money that they just bought all the armor pen.

AcridMeat

Banned
I just started watching Fnatic's Life of Legends series. Really enjoyable, haven't watched TSM's version because I don't really like their team. Love this Fnatic squad though.

Top Bottom