• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

ZPiBOBB.jpg

I really can't see Dignitas winning a best of five against Impulse. Dig's biggest weakness is losing early game, and Impulse's biggest strength is stomping early game. They might be able to swing a single game off some delicious cheese, but not a full set.

Gravity vs. TSM should be more interesting. Gravity should be able to prepare sufficiently for the poke comp TSM's been falling back on, and they've been outplaying them in more general compositions. The only reason I wouldn't give it to Gravity is that they do seem to be slumping, themselves.

idlewild_

Tilting Since MSI vs the team that has dropped like a rock in the past couple weeks.

Joking aside, if TSM can beat GV they have a very high chance to AQ for worlds on points, only way they do not is if TL gets 2nd.

TomShoe

Banned
I wouldn't say Gate is individually better than XWX, but he fits better on the team, as he's fluent in English.

I Will Not Dominate said he doesn't want to play TSM in the playoffs, but I think TIP is more scary.

Beating TSM is simple in theory. It's like beating the 2013 Miami Heat. Let Bjerg do his thing, just don't let his team beat you. TiP is much more difficult since their weaknesses aren't as known. Sure, you can try and bully Gate, but there's no guarantee Rush won't be waiting on you if you decide to work your way mid.

idlewild_

I Will Not Dominate said he doesn't want to play TSM in the playoffs, but I think TIP is more scary.

Dunno, TSM has slumped going into the playoffs before and still ended up top 2. The only NA team to place higher than them at a tournament since 2012 is C9. Not to say they will show up similarly again, but they do have a history of doing so. LMQ/TIP on the other hand has been shown to be beatable in tournaments.

edit: looking at lolpedia, it looks like the last time they lost in a best of series vs an NA team not named C9 was 2011.

Hmm. I suppose the win here doesn't actually mean that much to CLG, since they basically need to win the whole shebang anyway, but it's pretty valuable for Liquid since it potentially allows them to postpone playing Impulse until the Finals, which helps them set up one of the more likely scenarios where they qualify on points.

Edit: Oh look, Pobelter actually knows how to play TF. Maybe he can teach the rest of NA?

The CD is also effectively longer if you miss your card of choice, since you have to wait for it to cycle back around again before you can pick it. Not normally a problem, but we've seen some shoddy TF play this weekend.

Ambition

I thought the cooldown was around 7-10 seconds but yeah, I missed the Ionian boots. POB's back to back yellow cards had me shooked
KuGsj.gif

I think the value for CLG to throw the game is minimal, just as the value for them to win the game is minimal. They're pretty much playing for 1st or bust, at this point; who really cares what the road there looks like?

Zynx

Crazy day with some tense games. Can't believe how much league of legends I ended up spectating over the course of the day.

Just caught up on the c9 vs TSM match.

Goddamn, Hai had a huge gold lead over Santorum because of his ability to clear camps faster. Not only that but Lustboy had the perfect Tibbers at Baron, and nobody followed up. I get that Wildturtle wasn't there, but you could've caused serious damage against them whilst shyvana was doing baron if Viktor ulted in.

And TSM keeps picking Shen! THE FUCK YOU HAVE LIKE A 0% WINRATE IN LCS WITH HIM DYRUS, STAHP.

Can people atop throwing the C9 top-8 stat around, please. They got a by into the QF then got rinsed.

Missing a round of games hurt them badly, if anything.

Can people atop throwing the C9 top-8 stat around, please. They got a by into the QF then got rinsed.

Missing a round of games hurt them badly, if anything.

So what you're saying is now that they have to play a shit-ton of games just to make it to the quarterfinals, they've got a chance!

Wow that TL vs. Impulse game. I can't believe they just went in and won in like that. Win by the teamfight like a man. I really enjoy the way Impulse plays and I dislike the way TL does.

I think it was obvious that TL was going to take the tiebreaker game though. It seems like nobody really cared about it because the byes were secured and they were all prepping for playoffs and trying to hide comps. I don't think either team pulled out all the stops for it.

Also my friend had both Impact and Rush on the bench in fantasy. I was going to pick up Rush but he was hiding him on the bench from me and wouldn't trade.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wow that TL vs. Impulse game. I can't believe they just went in and won in like that. Win by the teamfight like a man. I really enjoy the way Impulse plays and I dislike the way TL does.
That way of thinking will lose you so many more games. They seized an opportunity that presented itself. There's no sense of "pride" here either way.

Awesome games yesterday.

That way of thinking will lose you so many more games. They seized an opportunity that presented itself. There's no sense of "pride" here either way.

Awesome games yesterday.

I know and it was risky. It could have blown up in their faces if they got caught but I dunno. It would have felt like the losing team was robbed no matter what with a game like that. I just like TIP more than TL lol.

Such a weird split overall.

I also enjoy watching baseball but don't play it. I don't think it's that uncommon.

I'm the same way with football/soccer. I guess, rather, it would be fair to say that I used to enjoy playing it, but running around that much is a miserable experience now that I'm not a seventy pound kid anymore.

I do like watching League more than playing it these days. I still do play probably ten ranked games a week on average, but I watch more games than that. (The fact I can watch games in circumstances where I can't play helps.)

Blizzard

Banned
I also enjoy watching baseball but don't play it. I don't think it's that uncommon.
I would never play football but I don't mind watching college football occasionally.

I end up miserable and with hand pain when I attempt to play fighting games, but I enjoy watching EVO fighting game championships.

I still play League quite a bit but we only have a group of three so we just hit up normals all the time. I don't really enjoy the game solo but watching it is really fun. And competing with your friends in Fantasy is just another layer of that.

Top Bottom