• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

I missed the Dig/TIP games today. Am I right in assuming that it was just TIP ruthlessly exploiting Dig's ridiculous laning weakness to roll them up in 30-minute stomps, and thus not worth actually catching up on?

TomShoe

Banned
I missed the Dig/TIP games today. Am I right in assuming that it was just TIP ruthlessly exploiting Dig's ridiculous laning weakness to roll them up in 30-minute stomps, and thus not worth actually catching up on?

I recommend watching Game 1, but yes, the other 2 were stomps.

the first game was DIG's then they did the silly thing as all walk in a tunnel and not hit Azir

Hmm, TIP vs GV for final. Hyped! :p

GV are just so bad. I don't think they're in a slump. They just got lucky mid-split.

Good thing is TSM depends on Bjerg, so if they can't protect mid, GV will have their chances.
Bench Dyrus

Edit: Man, LPL just has so many insane games, and it's all because of the Koreans.

TomShoe

Banned
GV are just so bad. I don't think they're in a slump. They just got lucky mid-split.

Good thing is TSM depends on Bjerg, so if they can't protect mid, GV will have their chances.
Bench Dyrus

Edit: Man, LPL just has so many insane games, and it's all because of the Koreans.

Gravity is still fairly skilled individually and as a team. Guys like Move and Altec can carry if given the opportunity. Their main weakness to me is their over-reliance on cheese picks. While that's an effective strategy in a BO1, I'm not so sure how strong they can be if they change up their style to something more standard, or if TSM counters them somehow. If they can protect Keane from Bjerg, they have a very good shot at winning. Also, TSM have proven that they're terrible at dealing with cheese comps, so GV might be able to take the first game and work from there.

Leezard

UOL vs Roccat!

Vander recently said (on SI) that one of Roccat's weaknesses is crazy picks and chaos. UOL had fun the first game.

UOL vs. Roccat is going to be a very close series, and I can see a few more random picks like Anivia coming in for both teams.

Edit: Nevermind, what an incredibly boring draft phase in game 2.

TomShoe

Banned
If POE had hit that Shockwave, that would have been the game. It's only inhib for now. Still, very impressed how UOL turned themselves around vs. Roccat. I highly doubt they'll beat Fnatic, but maybe if they keep this up, they can take a game.

EDIT: LOL THAT FLASH. Roccat is scared, GG.

14367457750800bpy8.png

I just wanna watch NA at this point

going from watching ti5 to this is like going from having sex with a supermodel to fucking your deformed legless armless fifteenth cousin

I found every match I watched at TI completely boring compare to League.

Also funny DotA 2 fans touting its client spectator mode when League spectate is so much better and informative.

Fracas

#fuckonami
As close as these games have been, it's been a really boring series for me

Both teams are really poor at closing or securing things in general. It's just farm farm farm for 10 minutes then a quick teamfight, rinse and repeat. Doesn't help that each game has been like 50 mins haha

Leezard

UOL is pretty much a coinflip made into a team. As fun as they can (sometimes) be, I'd rather Roccat go ahead since they are slightly more consistent.

TomShoe

Banned
UOL is pretty much a coinflip made into a team. As fun as they can (sometimes) be, I'd rather Roccat go ahead since they are slightly more consistent.

If Roccat advances you might as well give Fnatic a free 3-0. At least UOL has a chance to pull a game out.

EDIT: WHERE IS CSACI?

Didn't see games 2-4, but H0R0 was brilliant in game 5. Got his team a huge lead in laning phase then played like an AP carry. Though it was Hylissang who made the most important plays of the game, like he usually does for UoL in playoffs. They'll probably be easily beaten by Fnatic, but this might well be the series that gets UoL into Worlds, or at least a good seed in the gauntlet.

And now for TSM vs. Gravity.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah. Kikis ending up doing UOL a favor. H0ro is a hugeee upgrade.

If only they would have replaced Vardags as well. I'd love to see them with an actual threat at adc. I don't think they're as bad as their haters claim.

I still think h2k should beat them

Top Bottom