• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

zkylon

zkylewd
dude he left a disorganized team that hated to practice and didn't take anything serious for a well known disorganized team that hated to practice and especially hated having any type of upper management that had any say in how/what they played

it was destined for failure
yea i'm just contesting the idea that rekkles is a hard person to deal with or whatever ppl seem to be suggesting

he went from an eu team to another eu team, that's basically the story :p

Nekofrog

Banned
i think rekkles is incredibly hard to deal with. he spent so long being hailed as the savior of EU that it probably got to his head. just look at how willing he is to publicly trash talk his own teammates on a personal level after barely having been with the team.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think rekkles is incredibly hard to deal with. he spent so long being hailed as the savior of EU that it probably got to his head. just look at how willing he is to publicly trash talk his own teammates on a personal level after barely having been with the team.

unless i'm missing something, he just honestly answered a "shouldn't be answered honestly" question

I expected things to be better, both team-wise and organisation-wise, so I'm honestly a bit dissapointed.

like seriously, if that's all he said, i really think ppl are being nuts

also btw such a pleasure to see diamond smile <3

he's one of those players i can't help but root for them

Blizzard

Banned
I missed the game, but apparently Freeze redeemed himself. I didn't really expect CW to beat FNC.

Even with 1 game lost this week though, Ghost's FNC team has over 300 points. So many!

Anivia and AP Kog'Maw win* in the same week. Truly we're in a waveclear/sieging era if that happens. Game's never been so close to late season 2 as now.

*Okay, so Elements lost, but Froggen played Anivia, that's an honorary win in my book.

Leezard

What a beautiful team fight from Gambit, the one where they managed to get the first baron afterwards. Really well played by Diamond there, and a perfectly executed team fight considering their team comp.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 4 - Day 1

t1423944000z1.png

Team Coast vs Counter Logic Gaming
Winterfox vs Team Impulse
Team Dignitas vs Cloud 9
Team 8 vs Team Liquid
Gravity vs Team SoloMid

Blizzard

Banned
Not to jinx it, but this could finally be Newt's week. He has 4 players yet to play versus his opponent's 2, and only 40 points to make up.

*edit* If I see manamune triforce Ezreal show up midlane in silver games, I know who to blame. :mad:

Nekofrog

Banned
ALTEC GET ME SOME POINTS MAH BOY

btw if you ever hear a loud and obnoxious OH MY GOD from the audience it's likely my roommate. I already heard him in the CLG game earlier.

Blizzard

Banned
C9 with the nexus kill under 26 minutes. The problem with that is, C9 is my fantasy team and they won so fast they hardly got any points, ha.

*edit* Wait, they should get +2 for an under 30 minute victory. It's not showing up yet on the site though.

Blizzard

Banned
I benched two T8 players this week, which appears to have been the right decision.

Unfortunately I also benched TL Fenix, which was apparently not.

*edit* TSM is doing their hardest to throw. Down 0-2 dragons now.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh no, I need Aphromoo to do well, but ALSO Bjergsen and Dyrus. I'm conflicted today! Neko has only a 7-point lead on me but Altec's score was scary high yesterday.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 4 - Day 2

t1424030400z1.png

Winterfox vs Cloud 9
Team Impulse vs Team Coast
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team SoloMid
Gravity vs Team Liquid
Team Dignitas vs Team 8

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, C9 got completely crushed. They had 2 early dragons which didn't really make up for the early towers, and it's been downhill since then. Stuff like a 5v5 fight, 3 kills + baron for WFX, 0 kills for C9.

Altec is already 63 points and climbing this week. I'm hoping the game ends soon so he can't increase Neko's fantasy score even further. Ending, phew.

*edit* Altec 73.29 points.

Blizzard

Banned
Is this upset day or something? First C9 getting beaten badly, and now 1-6 CST making TIP look lost despite the gold advantage. I think TIP can still win though, as long as Graves is kept under control.

Gleeb did play very well, but Balls decided to lose his mind and engage on him in the most crucial teamfight was even more crucial. That or Meteos not following him on Altec when Avalon went way too far chasing Sneaky in the previous teamfight (Meteos went to protect Sneaky, but he was already safe). Weird seeing C9 lose a game due to repeated poor teamfighting, especially against a team who clearly didn't think they had a real chance of winning.

Anfang

Might just be me but, the NALCS is looking really weak overall. Ya theres TSM/CLG but, everything else is like a big shit show.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought I saw that once or twice. Once there was a pretty hard chase on Leona, and other times Kassadin or whatever kept poking her. I was wondering if it was a good idea trying to take out the tank to get rid of the initiation/disenage, or what.

*edit* A tower diving teamfight right before dragon spawns? What could go wrong! CST went for baron instead, and TIP got a second dragon as well.

clemenx

Banned
Might just be me but, the NALCS is looking really weak overall. Ya theres TSM/CLG but, everything else is like a big shit show.

Both NA and EU LCS are tbh. I do try to watch most of the games live but If I miss some games I don't care. I find myself watching every Korean and Chinese VoD instead.

Leezard

It's gotten weaker than previous seasons. Now, there's just 2-3 decent team in each region, and the mid/low tier teams make so many mistakes.

zkylon

zkylewd
one thing to consider is that there was just a pretty huge roster shakeup, with new players on every team except c9, a lot of them being koreans that don't really speak the same language as their teammates, and since teams play less games now, there's even less time for these teams to develop synergy

i'm guessing the quality of the games will go up a bit as the season goes forward, right now it's pretty crazy town, what with clg doing consistently well, alliance being shit, sk not being outmeta'd already, c9 being all yolo winter split and yellowstar's ranked 5s team dominating just about everyone

Top Bottom