• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Nekofrog

Banned
my list of carries on UoL goes:

PoE
Hylissang
Caci
Vardags

Maybe H0r0 deserves to be up there now.

i still remember the series of games where hylissang's morg Q had like a 90% hitrate. insane.

Can't complain about TSM sacrificing Dyrus in this game - they've played the whole early game with the goal of giving him a massive lead.

This is already way more entertaining than any EU game so far in the playoffs. There is more strategy than sitting in lanes and waiting for TP plays. There is pressure and trade-offs.

That said TSM is going to win this game. They have an awesome team comp.

clemenx

Banned
I'm not so sure. Trist Azir can definitely destroy them if they get to superlate game.

The Olaf plays have been very cool tho.

Gravity had the right idea in the last team fight, they just should have backed down towards dragon after blowing Olaf's ult. This should be a good series.

That was a shocking loss from Gravity. I think they were so confident they'd won after blowing Olaf's Ghost/ult/TP and getting Trist and Azir to the late game that they let their guard down. Terrible way to lose game 1, but I doubt TSM will try this Lulu/Olaf comp again.

I like Gravity's comp more here. I don't know why TSM didn't go Sivir again. It synergizes so well with Olaf.

Edit: The team fights will come down to Bjerg's Ori ults.

g23

European pre-madonna
Anyone else tuning in here after being freshly exposed to competitive esports because of Ti5? :)

Just wanted to say impressions off the bat is that actions seems way more muted than DOTA...but that might just be because of the kinda slower pace and less flashy graphics of LoL compared to DOTA.

Anyone else tuning in here after being freshly exposed to competitive esports because of Ti5? :)

Just wanted to say impressions off the bat is that actions seems way more muted than DOTA...but that might just be because of the kinda slower pace and less flashy graphics of LoL compared to DOTA.

What do you mean muted?

I find League has much clearer plays and skills, but can tend to be slower paced from what I've seen. It depends on the meta though.

Edit: And if you have any questions, we'll be glad to answer!

g23

European pre-madonna
What do you mean muted?

I find League has much clearer plays and skills, but can tend to be slower paced from what I've seen. It depends on the meta though.

Well in comparing team fights for one thing. In DOTA i see more crazy plays with heroes teleporting, dodging, scrambling. In what I have seen from LoL these things happen too, but fights tend to be over much quicker or have less moving parts. I do think the art style makes things a little easier to follow though.

TomShoe

Banned
Purely a misplay by GV. I wonder if they saw Nid right there. Trist should have ulted Nid away, done anything, but it's gone now.

Top Bottom