• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

TSM will make Worlds if they a) win either their semi-final against Team Liquid or, should they lose, their third place playoff against Team Impulse or CLG, b) even if they lose both series, if Team Liquid win the Summer Playoffs they will have the most Championship Points and qualify as a result, or c) if Team Liquid come 2nd and TSM come 4th, they'll go to Regionals as top seed.

lmao Phreak is hilarious

we're dun

I don't know how what I said still doesn't apply. You're hilarious telling me that your purple blobs and random projectiles I'm not watching League. It's dripping with irony.

Nice troll man. There's barely purple in the game except when they have Baron.

League Champions are unique and its always easy to tell them apart as opposed to particle effect-filled DotA 2.

TSM's draft has improved greatly from the summer split and they're actually doing something with Dyrus instead of just letting him rot and hoping he can soak up enough damage with stuff like Maokai or not get 4 man ganked twice before 10 minutes with Rumble while the team lives or dies on Bjerg.

Maybe TSM would have had a shot at worlds if they were playing like this for the entire split instead of waiting till playoffs to actually show up.

What? TSM was almost 100% guaranteed to go to Worlds because of their enormous points from Spring Split.

Either way they have never ever been bad at playoffs and it would be stupid to think it'd start now.

TSM will make Worlds if they a) win either their semi-final against Team Liquid or, should they lose, their third place playoff against Team Impulse or CLG, b) even if they lose both series, if Team Liquid win the Summer Playoffs they will have the most Championship Points and qualify as a result, or c) if Team Liquid come 2nd and TSM come 4th, they'll go to Regionals as top seed.

Also regardless of how TSM does in Playoffs they are guaranteed first seed in the gauntlet for the third spot. So even if they somehow didn't make it from getting first (which is pretty likely) or having the most points (for the second seed) they almost 100% will get in from the gauntlet.

NSESN

I will laugh if tsm gets first again.

It'll be clear that NA has made so little progress still.

I can see it. TL is better in paper, but they make a lot of mistakes mid to late game, so TSM can win. I think TiP can only win against TSM if Impact an Rush hard carry. If CLG plays like the last weeks they should win against TSM with no problems, but i always expect them to choke

I think it will be CLG vs. TSM in the final (after a 5-game series between TSM & TL). That said, all of the current NA teams are way closer in skill to each other than EU so it should make for an exciting weekend.

I don't think UOL is in any shape to challenge Fnatic at all, H2K vs Origen should be very fun to watch though.

NSESN

H2K vs OG should be really interesting, i think OG is a better team, but H2K has better strategies. Ryu vs Xpeke should be fun to watch.

zkylon

zkylewd
yesterday games' worth watching?

i was out of internet

why does NA play Ori seriously doesn't make sense. LPL and LCK fighting over my boy and people in NA picking Ori 2 games in a row

ori's played and often contested in every region

it makes sense because she's a very strong champion in certain comps in the hands of good ori players

Bacon

So glad bo5 is finally upon us. Seeing the little strategic adjustments teams make in between games is almost as entertaining as the actual matches.

Oh man, it's so sad seeing Team King, the former Star Horn Royal Club world finalists, get relegated in the promotion tournament.

inSec did so well in Worlds S4, but the whole team played so poorly. Sure, Uzi went to OMG, but NaMei is no pushover coming from EDG.

That Coach they had that left for LGD must have been a big part of that SHRC that went to worlds seeing as how Team King absolutely crumbled this split.

UOL vs ROC was a 5 hour shit show

TSM vs GV was pretty fun to watch

So glad bo5 is finally upon us. Seeing the little strategic adjustments teams make in between games is almost as entertaining as the actual matches.

Prophetic back-to-back posts. The UOL vs. ROC games were hot garbage because there were basically no adjustments. Both teams initially committed to these 50/50 team comps, and then just kept doubling-down on it for the entire series, to the point where one of the pick-ban phases was 95% identical.

Though, TSM vs. Gravity probably would have been a lot better if Gravity had made better adjustments sooner, too. Their reactions to the Olaf/Lulu comp were pretty poor, though at least they did respond, unlike both Roccat and Unicorns.

OMG/M3 game 1 saw a massive throw... by Dade. Hard to believe how good he used to be when he does nonsense like refuse to buy Zhonya's on a late game Kassadin then run in, get hooked and die. It was just about the only way OMG could actually win given they were down 4 dragons, baron, were stuck in their base, and had been outscaled. Come on.

Nice to see OMG keep Uzi in.

Their strongest lineup is with Gogoing, Cool, loveling, uzi, whatever (I don't think san is proven).

I wonder if that Uzi hubub was true.

Edit: I didn't know NaL_Ra was a League commentator now. No wonder he looks so familiar when I watch LCK.

Apparently the internal squabbling continued right up to their very last game, where Uzi wanted to play Twitch (after 3 AD carry bans against him and Corki taken by VG) but San demanded he play Graves, threatening to play AD himself if he didn't. According to several Reddit comments that's what the Chinese commentators said happened during champion select. It sounds ridiculous, but knowing Uzi and OMG's history it's probably true.

The three Chinese teams at Worlds will be from the following 6: EDG, QG, Snake, iG, LGD & VG. Since EDG are huge favourites to win the split, it'll likely be them plus two others. Hoping for QG (to complete their ascent from the LSPL at the start of the year to the elite tier of LoL by the end of summer, led by former CJ jungler Swift) and iG (it would be KaKAO's and Rookie's first Worlds if they made it, surely two of the best players never to have qualified) myself.

LPL is scary as fuck. It's literally the 2nd Korea now.

Dandy, Mata, Acorn, Imp, Deft, Pawn, Kakao, Rookie, Dade, and Looper, all spread out in the LPL.

OMG had a mega roadblock.

Edit: Also, it was funny watching the True LoL show. Kakao jokingly said going to the LPL would be a free pass to worlds, but if he stayed at KT, he would have been going worlds anyway seeing how well KT is doing.

TomShoe

Banned
Is Remilia not playing? I mean I understand her shyness but she's not even there haha

She's there, I guess she asked the staff not to show her face. A bit disappoint but w/e

EDIT: Smart ban phase by Coast. They want Crumbzz and Alex to beat them.

Oh wow, she's not playing on stage

weiiiiird

they're not even acknowledging it

I thought she was on stage. I thought I saw an elbow on Maplestreet's left.

Rem really isn't on stage? Geez.

Maybe my dream of making an all-masked pro team with sick names like "Edge" is possible. We'll be the heels of League and dominate everyone.

Top Bottom