• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

The real question is whether they'll use Maple or Jebus. Jebus seemed like a competent ADC whenever I saw him play, but the Maple/Remilia duo synergizes so well, this is the best I've seen Maple play in a long time.

I would feel bad for OddBro if they dropped him. He put in commanding performances in their wins, particularly the decisive game of the set.

Game 3 of iG/VG was crazy. KaKAO played out of his mind in the last teamfight, only for VG to win it anyway and siege down on his base after Rookie tried to backdoor. He held off Yasuo and Vayne at his nexus towers until Kog'Maw respawned and they could kill Vayne, before charging straight across the map to end it. VG will not know how they lost that.

A team losing... down like 0-4 and comes back with Vayne and Yasuo on the same team? I would never believe you if you told me that happen in a professional match.

Edit: I spoke too soon... it's not over!

Fracas

#fuckonami
The real question is whether they'll use Maple or Jebus. Jebus seemed like a competent ADC whenever I saw him play, but the Maple/Remilia duo synergizes so well, this is the best I've seen Maple play in a long time.

Jebus was fully available during playoffs when they went with maple, right? You gotta go with the Oddbro. He's been playing quite well the last several weeks. And yeah the synergy between him and Remilia is great too. Only saw Jebus play once or twice and it just wasn't there.

Vici are out of worlds with that heartbreaking loss to iG, having led 2-0 and had great chances to win games 3 and 5. Dandy and Mata will therefore not be defending their title (nor will Looper, of course, as M3 have long since been eliminated)*. One or both of Imp and PawN could still reach worlds, although they place each other in the semi-finals tomorrow so it's not quite guaranteed. If either makes it, I believe it'll be the first time in LoL history that a player for the reigning world champions has qualified for the following year's tournament (Fnatic failed to reach S2 Worlds, TPA failed to make S3's, SKT-T1 failed to reach S4's).

*Although there will be a Chinese regionals event held after summer playoffs, VG are locked out of it after that loss. Snake, plus 3 of the 4 teams remaining in the playoffs will contest the last two Chinese WC spots.

About Vici losing, the ex-Samsung players were talking about how it is harder for a support (Mata) and a jungle (Dandy, who is now top) to carry the team compared to having an AD Carry (imp, deft) or mid (pawn, rookie with Kakao jungle support). Mata said if he had to choose, he would have been with imp or deft so they could carry the game without communication issues.

It really makes sense when you look at the Chinese teams and their rosters.

EDG leads with deft and pawn carrying
Qiaogu and Invictus have a mid carry, rookie and doinb, with jungle support, kakao and swift.
LGD with imp and acorn/flame up top. Of course, pyl is considered the "Chinese Mata", so it's really showing in LGDs recent rise.

Ambition

The fucking throws
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Jungle is going to be the problem for CLG if they ban Gragas.

But mid and bot lane is definitely stronger on CLG. I think Zion can even out with Impact.

Edit: Xsmithie practicing Ekko?

Top Bottom