• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

It's just hitting me for real that one of EDG, iG or QG is going to miss Worlds. Makes me wonder, which was the best team from each year to fail to qualify for Worlds? I'd reckon:

S1: Rock Solid (Voyboy, Jatt, Scarra, qtpie, L0cust) (I assume this was the roster - I can't find VODs of the qualifier matches to confirm it)
S2: Azubu Blaze (Reapered, Helios, Ambition, CptJack, Lustboy)
S3: KT Rolster B (inSec, KaKAO, Ryu, Score, Mafa)
S4: SKT T1 K (Impact, bengi, Faker, Piglet, PoohManDu)
S5: EDG, iG or QG

Posting this again in here since I assume some people don't read the main OT:

So who's going to the World Championships final in Berlin? We should try and organise a meetup. I'll be going there purely as a spectator, so will have no work obligations and plenty of time to have fun.

NSESN

It's just hitting me for real that one of EDG, iG or QG is going to miss Worlds. Makes me wonder, which was the best team from each year to fail to qualify for Worlds? I'd reckon:

S1: Rock Solid (Voyboy, Jatt, Scarra, qtpie, L0cust) (I assume this was the roster - I can't find VODs of the qualifier matches to confirm it)

At S4 worlds KT was better than SKT, they've just won OGN, IMO

Nope. best team to miss worlds last year was definitely KTA

Well SKT T1 K gave Najin Shield a significantly closer match in the Regionals than KT A did. KT A were taken to game 5 by three teams in the OGN playoffs too, so they were the least dominant OGN winners ever. I definitely think it's debatable since they never faced each other after PoohManDu rejoined (K lost to SSW 1-3 in the QFs, and then went on to win NLB before losing 1-3 to Shield in the Regionals final).

Edit: I'm not saying KT A had no chance of beating K at regionals, but it'd have almost certainly been a close match, and I'd favour the seasoned veterans going deep at Worlds over the rookies.

I didn't watch the IWCT, but apparently the first day has been a shit show with every team taking games and blue side w/ 100% win rate. I want to see Japan, Turkey, or Brazil at Worlds. I think Japan being there would be a big boost to a culture that is not very integrated into e-sports.

Cant believe JPN is #1 right now.

Might not last, but still an achievement

I think LoL's deceptively more popular in Japan than it looks.

A ton of Japanese players play on US West servers late at night. I assume they just prefer it to the Oceania/Korea/China servers for whatever reason, but it's probably throwing the regional demographics off.

If I'm playing after midnight here I usually have at least two players who speak only Japanese in any given game.

Penta Gangplank plz nerf

Edit: omg what an upset

lucky baron steal wins the game

I saw that japan vs whoever game. It wasn't luck but it was the Japanese team not knowing how to finish to save their lives. 2 inhibs down twice with baron and fail to win. And really bad team fighting that gragas was making me mad lol.

I saw that japan vs whoever game. It wasn't luck but it was the Japanese team not knowing how to finish to save their lives. 2 inhibs down twice with baron and fail to win. And really bad team fighting that gragas was making me mad lol.

Nah, they had Varus doing half health poking with Brahm support.

Going for the 5 dragon win condition was the way to go.

sleepykyo

Good lord, SKT's first blood stats are insane. Get first blood they definitely win. Don't get first blood and they'll probably win anyway.

clemenx

Banned
Why these Bangkok Titans dudes use chromas.

It disturbs me. No one uses chromas.

Today hopefully ppl will stop talking about c9 making worlds. Though I don't trust gravity that much.

brian!

OkEyz0v.png

Top Bottom