• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Incarnation thinks he's Faker? 10-1-5 on Diana last night lol

Edit: Sneaky thinks he's playing SoloQ

Edit2: Cloud 9th and their non-meta picks. LemonNation's handbook is failing.

Sneaky threw that game by not taking Cleanse or buying a QSS. C9 were basically at the point where the only way they could lose a teamfight was if their AD got caught out with an arrow, and 'lo and behold.

Nashor's Diana is fine, the hell?
The only drawback is the price, but the item is full of benefits for Diana.

I think people are still caught up on the old nashor's that had more attack speed and less AP.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ C9 TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

C9 is trying to do solo queue in the LCS and confusing Gravity into victory. This is how their World Championship run starts! A reverse sweep!

Hopefully C9 keeps picking interesting team comps. Seems like they are in full 'fuck it, why not' mode.

Uh, they did that for the first two games and completely lost.

They're actually picking more meta than non-meta like Amumu and Karma.

Viktor, Oriana, Maokai, Brahm are safe picks. Brahm is a hard counter against Ashe.

I'm convinced they had game 1 completely won and threw it. Hope they can finish this off. Unless Gravity come up with a much better top lane matchup I think they will.

Leezard

Wtf is Gravity doing... Malphite into Azir and Janna?

Malphite will Ult and get pushed away.

You kinda need hard engage against Azir/Janna. Malphite is not a bad choice. It's up to the rest of Gravity to follow up the Malphite engage fast enough to kill a priority target in order to win the team fight.

Whether they can pull it off remains to be seen.

edit: they could not pull it off.

clemenx

Banned
Lmao they all caught shen on the bush and not even 1/3 of the health bar went down.

Just surender dudes.

Embarrassing stuff from Gravity

You kinda need hard engage against Azir/Janna. Malphite is not a bad choice. It's up to the rest of Gravity to follow up the Malphite engage fast enough to kill a priority target in order to win the team fight.

Whether they can pull it off remains to be seen.

edit: they could not pull it off.

Malphite is a long cooldown engage that deals no damage. The team needs to do the damage. They can't against Janna and Azir who can push away or block the entire team.

It's like they watched SKT use Malphite and thought they could do it too, but they aren't Marin.

Leezard

Malphite is a long cooldown engage that deals no damage. The team needs to do the damage. They can't against Janna and Azir who can push away or block the entire team.

It's like they watched SKT use Malphite and thought they could do it too, but they aren't Marin.
The pick by itself was fine, the problem was that gravity got destroyed in all lanes. They won't have enough damage when they get too far behind, in which case malphite ult won't do much. Had they been even or ahead it could have worked out fine.

patchday

Well that was a fun watch. Missed some of the early battles due to grilling dinner but was able to catch the later matches and enjoy it with my steak & beer :)

The pick by itself was fine, the problem was that gravity got destroyed in all lanes. They won't have enough damage when they get too far behind, in which case malphite ult won't do much. Had they been even or ahead it could have worked out fine.

Nah, it would have never worked. You just never pick into being countered.

SKT last pick Malphite against KT when there was no disengage. That's how you do smart picks and bans.

Both C9 and GV are terrible at pick and bans.

the malph pick wasnt the problem lol

they had 0 waveclear so they had no way to siege or prevent siege which ultimately led to their downfall.

honestly, if they picked viktor (who was open) they would have had the chance to just stall it out with his 1 skill instant clearing and then maybe get a decent wombo combo off with chaos storm + unstoppable force + glacial fissure but the fizz pick ultimately fucked them. move is also the shittiest lee sin i've ever seen and i'm baffled he didn't just stick to gragas or ekko or reksai.

Top Bottom