• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

the malph pick wasnt the problem lol

they had 0 waveclear so they had no way to siege or prevent siege which ultimately led to their downfall.

honestly, if they picked viktor (who was open) they would have had the chance to just stall it out with his 1 skill instant clearing and then maybe get a decent wombo combo off with chaos storm + unstoppable force + glacial fissure but the fizz pick ultimately fucked them. move is also the shittiest lee sin i've ever seen and i'm baffled he didn't just stick to gragas or ekko or reksai.

No you want a tank to hold minions for a lane swap. Trist is the best siege and should be fed. They didn't laneswap either.

Or you get a threat top like GP or Riven.

Makareu

I am a big fan of Jankos, and I am glad to finally see Roccat playing up to their rumored potential (waiting for them to tilt now).
As long as UOL lose the finals, I am ok with either Origen or Roccat going to worlds.

Leezard

I am a big fan of Jankos, and I am glad to finally see Roccat playing up to their rumored potential (waiting for them to tilt now).
As long as UOL lose the finals, I am ok with either Origen or Roccat going to worlds.

Agreed, I think it's really nice that Roccat are finally showing up.

weird pick/ban

idk why they would give soaz gp even if it is first pick azir, especially considering they're doing some strange double tp strat with it.

the corki has a big midgame spike which is when origen needs to group and take towers and then try to snowball that gold lead into objectives and eventually the game.

if they get stalled out, they're fucked. azir, kog, hecarim will absolutely shit on them if the game extends to the point where corki becomes irrelevant and the game will absolutely be decided by the 2 mid/late cores in gp and viktor.

the corki has a big midgame spike which is when origen needs to group and take towers and then try to snowball that gold lead into objectives and eventually the game.

if they get stalled out, they're fucked. azir, kog, hecarim will absolutely shit on them if the game extends to the point where corki becomes irrelevant and the game will absolutely be decided by the 2 mid/late cores in gp and viktor.

Yeah, it's honestly up to Soaz to save the day at this point. They need Gangplank to deliver more damage than he probably should be able to (ie, more than Roccat should allow him to) for their late game to measure up.

Roccat obviously can't let Soaz play Gangplank. If you're blowing three flashes late game because he's walking toward you without even having barrels down, you obviously aren't equipped to handle him as a team yet. Take that off the table for now.

idk why roccat have this retarded passive tendency when they have strong early pick champs like thresh elise

if you're just gonna sit back and try to out scale, pick your fucking ekkos and your maokais and don't fuck up like that.

Roccat would probably have won the game if Nukeduck didn't randomly walk in to range of Gangplank's and Viktor's burst. Unless Amazing managed a huge flash->E->R combo onto Azir or Kog'Maw they had no backline threat, and if it comes down to slugging damage on to tanks, then Kog'Maw will beat Corki extremely hard at 55 minutes.

But Nukeduck screwed up so we go to game 5.

And yeah, Jankos is so clearly Roccat's best player that they should structure their comps around him as much as possible. Though then again, why he was allowed Gragas every game till this one doesn't make sense either on Origen's part.

Eh I woulda picked Ashe and just gank the shit out of kogmaw.

Edit: oh another faker wannabe? We shall see.

Those Brahm stuns.

Roccat getting stunned the fuck out.

Yeah, they're sticking around way too long in skirmishes. You need to make fights versus Braum large-scale and have real immediacy of action and violence, just sauntering in and out of his range like that is incredibly poor play.

I feel like this Kalista still has the potential to take over the game, though. Her front-line is ridiculous.

Edit: I just want it noted for the record that Amazing just missed a Cocoon on an immobile jungle monster.

Yeah, they're sticking around way too long in skirmishes. You need to make fights versus Braum large-scale and have real immediacy of action and violence, just sauntering in and out of his range like that is incredibly poor play.

I feel like this Kalista still has the potential to take over the game, though. Her front-line is ridiculous.

Edit: I just want it noted for the record that Amazing just missed a Cocoon on an immobile jungle monster.

His name is actually "Not Amazing"

patchday

Was asleep so caught the tail end of the roc vs OG game. felt bad for that roocat dude that didnt want to get up

but I'm waiting on C9 vs TiP game I thought that would be broadcast right now

Really liking this look from C9, though, as they're showing one of the few things they've been seriously lacking: a truly tightly-tuned, highly-efficient early game with good Lv1 and jungle pathing.

They've been looking a bit solo queue early since Hai joined, it looks like the practice is finally starting to pay out.

Man TIP needs to donate Rush and Impact to CLG and move Zion to like Mid lane so NA can do something at worlds.

I saw Rush chatting with Aphro on Aphro's stream saying he wants to be hired by Aphro as a Korean trash talk translator.

so next game, dont try to ban out rush cause he gives no fucks?

Like I said many times. Rush is God-like at the levels of Faker. Super skilled and a champion ocean.

I don't feel like jungle bans are worthwhile in the current meta, regardless. You maybe spend a ban or early pick on Elise, but that's it. There are too many "good enough" jungle picks and almost no amazing ones that are actually worth banning, especially compared to the stand-out carry champions of this patch.

I think Gragas might be ban worthy against the right players. Junglers usually become pretty irrelevant in the late game, but he can easily catch out a carry and win a game with his E->Flash->R combo. With a lot of games going 35+ minutes while remaining very close that's a huge deal if your best player is your jungler.

Yeah, but if you ban Gragas there's still Lee Sin, Ekko, Rek'Sai, etc. Hai's not even wrong that Amumu's a perfectly valid pick against many opposing team compositions.

All you really get out of that ban is pushing the opposing jungler onto another jungler who can build in an almost-identical manner and play the game in an almost-identical manner, at maybe a marginal loss of efficiency. You can't stop someone from being an early-game ganking, Cinderhulk-building jungler on this patch if that's what they want to do.

Top Bottom